|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The 1942-3 Winter Campaign in South Russia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What region was the surprise attack on the West made through?
(a) The Alps.
(b) The Appalachians.
(c) The Amalgamites.
(d) The Ardennes.
2. What backed up the German tanks?
(a) The Luftwaffe.
(b) The Soviet Union.
(c) The 10th division.
(d) The militia.
3. Where was Manstein supposed to march after getting to the Crimean region?
4. What promotion was Manstein given after Sevastopol was taken?
(a) Major General.
(b) Chief of Staff.
(c) Field Marshall.
(d) General Inspector.
5. What kind of formations kept the German Army strong?
(a) Infantry formations.
(b) March formations.
(c) Tank formations.
(d) Flight formations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made it impossible for Germany to have peace with England at first?
2. How did Nagel die?
3. What river was the bridge Kalach over?
4. What did Manstein say about what was covering his forces at Stalingrad?
5. Why was the Sixth Army surrounded at Stalingrad?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)