|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The 1942-3 Winter Campaign in South Russia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who penetrated the armies south of Stalingrad?
(a) The Romanians.
(b) The Itallians.
(c) The Prussians.
(d) The Soviets.
2. What lie did Goring tell Hitler about the troops in Stalingrad?
(a) Supplies could reach them.
(b) They had taken many prisoners.
(c) Communcation was down in that quadrant.
(d) They would be able to hold the city.
3. What other target was being attacked at the same time as Stalingrad?
4. What was covering the German forces at Stalingrad?
(a) The Luftwaffe.
(b) The soviets.
(c) The Romanian forces.
(d) The German Navy.
5. What did Paulus refuse to do?
(a) Act on his own.
(b) Defy Hitler.
(c) Follow orders.
(d) Leave his post.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Poland German properties?
2. Who took power away from the O.K.H.?
3. What made Belgium hard to attack?
4. What kind of pact did Germany sign with the Soviet Union?
5. What was strange to Manstein when he and his headquarters were transferred?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)