|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4; The Operations of Southern Army Group; The Campaign in the West.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Manstein to be moved to the 18 Division?
(a) A promotion.
(b) A scandal.
(c) A death in the ranks.
(d) A test.
2. How did Manstein describe General Brauchitsch?
3. Who took power away from the O.K.H.?
4. Why was Hitler angry with General Fritsch?
(a) He was late in reporting figures.
(b) He was weak in his training maneuvers.
(c) He opposed the plan to overtake Austria.
(d) He was caught speaking ill of the Army.
5. Where was the main push of the German Army during the push on Poland?
(a) The Eastern Front.
(b) The Northern Front.
(c) The Central Front.
(d) The Western Front.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wanted the Polish Army stopped before they could withdraw?
2. What battle did Reichenau lead?
3. What did Manstein say the Polish Army was caught up in?
4. What advantage did Germany have over Poland?
5. What kind of formations kept the German Army strong?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)