Chapters 1 and 2; Before the Storm; The Strategic Position
1. What was Manstein's title at the beginning of the book?
2. What caused Manstein to be moved to the 18 Division?
(a) A test.
(b) A death in the ranks.
(c) A promotion.
(d) A scandal.
3. What was the occupation in Austria called?
(a) The battle of the bulge.
(b) The war of the roses.
(c) The floral war.
(d) The visitation.
4. What did Manstein call the debate in Poland before it was occupied?
(a) The Plan.
(b) The Acknowledgement.
(c) The Pivot Point.
(d) The Crisis.
5. Who gave Poland German properties?
(b) The Allies.
(c) The US.
6. What did Hitler demand return to Poland?
(a) The Luftwafe.
(b) The Panzers.
(c) The Danzig.
(d) The First Division.
7. What kind of pact did Germany sign with the Soviet Union?
(a) All of these.
(b) A need-to-know agreement.
(c) A non-aggression pact.
(d) A peace treaty.
8. How did Manstein feel when the pact between Germany and the Soviet Union was signed?
This section contains 3,458 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)