|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Japanese check on a weekly basis?
2. How does the restaurant owner react when the boy comes for food in costume?
3. How does the boy get home after his punishment?
4. How does the teacher respond to the boy's message?
5. What does the boy decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the father wear traditional Korean clothing and a black armband to go change his name?
2. Explain why there are so many rubber balls in town.
3. What is the boy's condition when he arrives at his home?
4. What is February like?
5. What is the class play about, and why does the boy get his part, according to the grandmother?
6. Why does the grandmother insist on giving the boy white rice in his lunch?
7. What does she come to tell the boy?
8. How does the boy get to the performance? What is his journey like?
9. Explain the quandary the classmates are in when the teacher starts attacking the boy? How do they react, and what is the boy's response to them?
10. What do the school children have to do when the boy is in his junior year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of life did the boy have at home in regards to his family as well as their financial status?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the conditions the students worked in when making the runways. Explain why they didn't just choose to leave school.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what the Koreans were doing in the cemetery. How did the boy feel about the situation? How did his father feel about it?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)