|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Korean farmers limiting their crops?
2. What does the boy's new name mean?
3. How does the boy feel about acting in the play?
4. What does the grandmother put in the boy's lunch that upsets him?
5. For what does the teacher send the students home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the boy have an issue with his white rice?
2. What does she come to tell the boy?
3. How do the students get to interact with their families?
4. What is the students' living situation like?
5. What happens when the students have oozing blisters?
6. What do the school children have to do when the boy is in his junior year?
7. Why are the people pouring rice wine on the graves?
8. What is the boy's condition when he arrives at his home?
9. Explain the quandary the classmates are in when the teacher starts attacking the boy? How do they react, and what is the boy's response to them?
10. How does the boy get to the performance? What is his journey like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened politically in August of 1939 that changed the map, and what did this signify? How did the teacher react to the change?
Essay Topic 2
What was happening to the food supply of the Koreans? How did this affect the grandmother? How did the boy feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what the Koreans were doing in the cemetery. How did the boy feel about the situation? How did his father feel about it?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)