|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grandmother put in the boy's lunch that upsets him?
(a) White rice.
(b) A note.
(c) Peanut butter sandwiches.
2. Who talks with the boy about the lunch issue?
(a) The sister.
(b) The father.
(c) The mother.
(d) The grandmother.
3. What happens to the boy's uncle?
(a) He sneaks home to see the play.
(b) He protests against the boy's punishment
(c) He is sent to prison.
(d) He is killed by the Japanese.
4. What is the weather like as they stand on line?
(a) It's freezing cold.
(b) It's raining torrentially.
(c) It's sunny but chilly.
(d) It's a warm, sunny day.
5. What happens to the boy after the class leaves?
(b) He is sent to prison.
(c) He is sent home with a note for his parents.
(d) He is beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the father react when the Inspector tries to bring him to the front of the line?
2. What does the boy's new name mean?
3. What does the grandmother recommend they do when trying to fill the bag?
4. What does the visitor tell the boy?
5. For what does the teacher ask the students?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the quandary the classmates are in when the teacher starts attacking the boy? How do they react, and what is the boy's response to them?
2. Why does the father wear traditional Korean clothing and a black armband to go change his name?
3. How does the boy get to the performance? What is his journey like?
4. Explain the significance behind the name the father chooses - Iwamoto.
5. What happens when the students have oozing blisters?
6. What do the school children have to do when the boy is in his junior year?
7. The boy is having trouble with his collection. What is his dilemma, and with what solution does his grandmother come up?
8. Why is the morning in the household hectic? Describe the breakfast schedule.
9. What is February like?
10. What is the class play about, and why does the boy get his part, according to the grandmother?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)