|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is supposed to help the mother?
(a) The father.
(b) The station clerk.
(c) The conductor.
(d) The police.
2. What flag is flying on the flagpole at the school?
(a) The Korean flag.
(b) The Japanese flag.
(c) The Chinese flag.
(d) The Russian flag.
3. What does the class helper do as he greets the teacher?
(a) He bows.
(b) He extends a gift to the teacher.
(c) He shakes his hand.
(d) He salutes.
4. Where is the mother supposed to stay?
(a) With some friends in the area.
(b) In the station house.
(c) At the police headquarters.
(d) On the train.
5. What is a big treat for the poor in the community?
(a) White rice.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Going to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom is the boy thinking when he follows through with the tradition?
2. What does the father tell the mother the baby is doing as they cross the river?
3. What is the train compartment like?
4. What time of day is it when the mother waits?
5. How do the children at the school react to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is this school different from the one he used to attending?
2. How does the father show his dedication to his wife?
3. What kind of character does the teacher have?
4. How does the family show support for the boy when he goes off to school?
5. How do the Japanese treat the Koreans according to the grandfather?
6. What is crossing the river like?
7. Explain why the boy says that the morning formation is like a military formation.
8. The author states that they are leaving their homeland which is not a homeland. Why does he say this?
9. How does the family travel to the town?
10. Why does the boy pretend to be asleep when his mother wakes him up on Sundays?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)