|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through An Empire for Rubber Balls.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is it when the mother waits?
(a) It is close to noon.
(b) The dawn is just breaking.
(c) It is night.
(d) It is midmorning.
2. What do the father's papers say?
(a) He has been acquitted for his thievery.
(b) He has permission to travel.
(c) He is allowed out of the country for one week.
(d) He is innocent of murder.
3. What does the father tell the mother the baby is doing as they cross the river?
(c) Gurgling happily.
4. Where is the mother in February?
(a) In Manchuria.
(b) At the market.
(c) With her parents.
(d) In church.
5. Why is he upset about his lunch?
(a) It's never enough food.
(b) It tastes gross.
(c) The other kids take it and always want him to share it.
(d) It makes him feel like a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the father get his inspiration for the name?
2. How does the grandmother react to the name situation?
3. Who is supposed to help the mother?
4. What kind of orchards does the family have?
5. How does the boy feel about the situation of his world as he falls asleep on the Sunday?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)