|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Homecoming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's mother allow him to choose?
(a) What to eat for dessert.
(b) What to wear the next day.
(c) What plants to put around the house.
(d) Going to public school or a private school.
2. Who meets the mother after several hours?
(a) The conductor, on his way back.
(b) The ticket clerk.
(c) The father.
(d) The police.
3. Who comes to visit the boy after school on the first day?
(a) 14 boys.
(b) The boy who makes faces, on his own.
(c) The police.
4. Who takes his father off the train?
(a) The engineer.
(b) The conductor.
(c) The Japanese Thought Policeman and the Japanese Military Policeman.
(d) The Korean Thought Policeman and the Korean Military Policeman.
5. Why does one of the teachers yell at the boy and shake him and hit him?
(a) He isn't wearing his uniform properly.
(b) He leaves too early for the field trip.
(c) He makes a mess with his lunch.
(d) The boy doesn't know because he can't understand Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the map in the classroom depict?
2. What happens when the teachers confront each other?
3. What does the father tell the mother the baby is doing as they cross the river?
4. What happens to the students if they don't bow toward the Japanese Emperor?
5. Why is it upsetting when the train begins to move?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)