|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lost Names.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to the Koreans all around?
(a) They are beginning to realize the value of their culture.
(b) They are starting to become oppressed by the Russians.
(c) They are starting to become oppressed by the Japanese.
(d) They are starting to become a world trade power.
2. How does the sister feel about the new baby?
(a) She doesn't like her.
(b) She is jealous of her.
(c) She never wants to be away from her.
(d) She adores her.
3. What is the teacher doing after the bookshop experience that makes the boy comment to his father?
(a) He is yelling.
(b) He is crying.
(c) He is tearing up books.
(d) He is pulling at his hair.
4. What happens to the students if they don't bow toward the Japanese Emperor?
(a) They have to go up on stage for a humiliating lecture.
(c) They have to write an essay on the importance of respect.
(d) They are beaten.
5. Why don't they wait for the next train?
(a) They are anxious to get to their destination.
(b) They think it would be quicker to take a bus.
(c) They are worried about who might be on that train.
(d) They don't know if it will come, and they need to leave the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers the boy as he looks around at his friends who are playing?
2. What position do the classmates think the boy should take over?
3. Where does the mother wait for the father?
4. Who goes with the boy to get a new name?
5. How does the mother feel about her new situation?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)