|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lost Names.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to many who make the crossing?
(a) They become prisoners.
(b) They enjoy a new way of life.
(c) They drown.
(d) They face starvation.
2. How many children will the mother teach?
(a) About 25.
(b) About 12.
(d) About 50.
3. Why is it particularly hurtful to the Koreans to lose their names?
(a) They always have to do what the Japanese demand, and it's humiliating.
(b) They have lost everything else.
(c) They can't pronounce the new names.
(d) They have great respect for their ancestors.
4. How does the boy get to school?
(a) By trolley.
(b) He walks.
(c) By bus.
(d) By carriage.
5. How does the author feel about the month of February?
(a) It's a month for reflection.
(b) It's a month of hope.
(c) It's a month for planning for spring.
(d) It's a gloomy and cruel month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of faces does the boy who follows the author to school make?
2. How do the children at the school react to him?
3. What happens to many delinquent Koreans?
4. Why is the boy in a hurry to get to Sunday school?
5. Who goes with the boy to get a new name?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)