|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marek tell Eva's father before his family left Poland?
(a) He wanted to marry Eva and come to Canada.
(b) That they had to move to Isreal because Eva was supposed to be his wife.
(c) They must leave for America soon.
(d) He wanted to join the military in Isreal.
2. Where did Eva and her family go on an autumn afternoon in 1958?
(a) To a car dealership.
(b) To a demonstration.
(c) To their favorite park.
(d) To the Bergs' house.
3. What was a familiar arch in Cracow which functioned as a gateway to the old city?
(a) Entrance Gate.
(b) Banieczki Gate.
(c) Cracow Gate.
(d) Florianska Gate.
4. What did Eva play for her first public piano performance?
5. Where did Eva's family take vacations when she was young in Poland?
(a) Baltic Sea.
(c) Bialy Dunajec.
6. Where did the ship that Eva and her family emigrate to Canada on sail from?
7. How did Eva's mother and father prefer her to dress when in Poland?
(a) In colorful clothes.
(b) In fancy dresses.
(c) In clothes that are too large.
(d) In "sports outfits" meaning shorts or long pants.
8. When Eva's mother became ill and had to go to a sanatorium, where did Eva go to stay?
(a) To an orphanage.
(b) With Marek and his family.
(c) With her sister.
(d) With her aunt.
9. Who did Janek, the boy Eva met on the ship to Canada, meet as he leaves the ship?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His boss.
10. Who refused to leave the ship and meet her new husband when the ship reached Canada?
(a) Pani Ruta.
11. Who's son was Marek?
(a) Pani Grodzinska.
(b) Ciocia Bronia.
(c) Pani Ruta's.
12. What did Eva and her sister have sewn into the pockets of their skirts when they sailed for Canada?
13. What group of brothers kept eluding the gestapo so successfully during the war that the Germans thought Eva's father was one of them?
(a) Grodzinska brothers.
(b) Wydra brothers.
(c) Sullivan brothers.
(d) Marek brothers.
14. Who asked Eva to dance on board the ship coming to Canada?
(c) Her father.
(d) The captain.
15. Who was Eva's mother's best friend?
(a) Pani Clois.
(b) Pani Ovantrain.
(c) Pani Ruta.
(d) Pani Judith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Eva's sister named after?
2. Other than a pianist, what did Eva declare that she would like to be when she grew up?
3. What street did Eva and her family live on in Poland?
4. What was commonly known about Dr. Orlovski that his wife overlooked?
5. According to the woman who Eva met in New York who knew her parents before the war, how did Eva's father save Eva's mother after she had a miscarriage?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)