|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vancouver's Board of Commerce claimed that Vancouver was the most beautiful city in the world after what city?
(a) New York.
(d) Rio de Janeiro.
2. Who refused to leave the ship and meet her new husband when the ship reached Canada?
(c) Pani Ruta.
3. How long did Mr. Ostropov's lessons run?
(a) 1 hour on the dot.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) Sometimes up to 3 hours.
(d) 1 hour and 1/2.
4. When little Eva worried about her parents fighting, what did her father tell her about their marriage that soothed Eva's worries?
(a) "I'm the man of the house."
(b) "Your mother just isn't bright."
(c) "I never should have married your mother."
(d) "Our marriage is as strong as the Chinese Wall."
5. What historical event happened during Eva's freshman year?
(a) The Vietnam War ended.
(b) Martin Luther King was assassinated.
(c) John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
(d) Robert Kennedy was assassinated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eva's mother tell the girls to do as they stepped on the soil in Vancouver?
2. Who did Eva relate to best in Canada and consider her "real friends?"
3. How old was Eva when her family sailed for Canada?
4. What theater troupe came to Vancouver to perform Macbeth?
5. What did hearing English distorted feel like for Eva?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)