|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eva and her family go on an autumn afternoon in 1958?
(a) To a car dealership.
(b) To their favorite park.
(c) To a demonstration.
(d) To the Bergs' house.
2. Who did Janek, the boy Eva met on the ship to Canada, meet as he leaves the ship?
(a) His mother.
(b) His boss.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
3. What did Eva believe was the most important thing about speech?
(a) It was a class signifier.
(b) It was only good in Polish.
(c) It was not helpful in communication.
(d) It could be sloppy and still understood.
4. In her later life, who did Pani Orlovska write a book about?
(a) Princess Grace.
(b) President Reagan.
(c) Helen Keller.
5. What is unique about Orlovska's apartment that let Eva know that they had more money than her family?
(a) They had a maid's room.
(b) They had a 4th room.
(c) They had a separate kitchen.
(d) They had a "little salon."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eva attended college, what was the English Department firmly in the grip of that suited Eva perfectly?
2. Who was Eva and Marek's first music teacher?
3. When Eva returns home to Vancouver for her first summer vacation from college, what was her best relief?
4. What body of water did the ship sail down after it reached the coast of Canada?
5. What Polish word was the best compliment that a school exercise could receive and means "dash, inspiration and flying?"
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)