|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just before leaving for college, how did Eva describe herself?
(a) Lost between two worlds.
(b) Like a mosaic made of up fragments, but still an immigrant.
(c) Lost between two languages.
(d) Like a lost soul.
2. What did Eva think that the sliced cheese and bologna smelled like?
(a) Raw meat.
3. Where was the photograph taken about a year after the Wydra's arrived in Canada?
(a) In the back yard of their home.
(b) By the ocean.
(c) In front of a museum.
(d) In the mountains.
4. Where did Eva decide to attend college for her undergraduate degree?
(b) Rice University in Houston, TX.
(c) Chicago School for the Arts.
5. What street did Eva and her family live on in Poland?
(b) Kazimierza Wielkiego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Penny give Eva for her birthday that got her writing juices flowing?
2. What did Felek's editor tell him that his book needs?
3. Who refused to leave the ship and meet her new husband when the ship reached Canada?
4. When Eva arrived at college, what did other students praise Eva for being?
5. What, according to the author, had her generation been characterized by?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)