|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the author, comes up in American literature more often than anywhere else?
(a) The subject of sex.
(b) The subject of alienation.
(c) The subject of women.
(d) The subject of work.
2. Who asked Eva to dance on board the ship coming to Canada?
(c) Her father.
(d) The captain.
3. What did Mrs. Steiner disapprove of that Eva's father did?
(a) He drank.
(b) He quit his job at the lumber mill.
(c) He started a junk company.
(d) He left his wife.
4. What was a familiar arch in Cracow which functioned as a gateway to the old city?
(a) Banieczki Gate.
(b) Cracow Gate.
(c) Entrance Gate.
(d) Florianska Gate.
5. On their trip to Vancouver, how much did four bowls of soup cost?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Eva and Alinka dressed in when they arrive in Vancouver?
2. What, according to Eva's mother, was a necessary part of a lady's equipment?
3. What, according to Eva and her parents, was the "big fear?"
4. What did hearing English distorted feel like for Eva?
5. What did Eva's Japanese friend get angry about?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)