|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her later life, who did Pani Orlovska write a book about?
(b) Princess Grace.
(c) President Reagan.
(d) Helen Keller.
2. What, according to the author, comes up in American literature more often than anywhere else?
(a) The subject of alienation.
(b) The subject of sex.
(c) The subject of work.
(d) The subject of women.
3. In the winter, how did Eva's mother transport her to school?
(a) In a car.
(b) On a bicycle.
(c) On a motorcycle.
(d) On a toboggan.
4. Where in New York did Eva meet somebody who knew her parents before the war?
(a) At a dinner party.
(b) In Times Square.
(c) In the Union Square cafeteria.
(d) A work.
5. Where was the Steiner's house in Vancouver?
(a) On Harbor Rd.
(b) The harbor.
(c) At the edge of the city.
(d) On top of the mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. As an incompletely assimilated immigrant, what was Eva always confronting?
2. When Eva returns home to Vancouver for her first summer vacation from college, what was her best relief?
3. What did Eva call Tom's solos?
4. Other than a pianist, what did Eva declare that she would like to be when she grew up?
5. What did Eva tell Penny that she thought of when she thought of love?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)