|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Eva's friends, had coming to America's eastern shore done for Eva?
(a) She was in love with the Atlantic Ocean.
(b) Broadened her ideas about politics.
(c) She understood America because she understood New York.
(d) She landed in the "real America."
2. When Eva arrived in Cracow, how did she find her old friends?
(a) She found them in a coffee shop.
(b) She walked the streets.
(c) She went to their houses.
(d) The phone book.
3. What color were the goldfish at the pond that Eva and her parents often visited in Poland?
4. What did Theodor Adorno do for a living?
(a) He was a pianist.
(b) He was a critic.
(c) He worked for the Harvard Law Review.
(d) He was a poet.
5. Who, at home, infused Eva and her sister with Christian teachings?
(a) Pani Ruta.
(b) Their father.
(c) Their mother.
(d) The maids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the houses in the locations where Eva's family vacations when she is young in Poland?
2. Why couldn't Eva hear herself on the radio when she was interviewed at 14 years old?
3. What movie star did Pani Dombarska look like when she took a drag on her cigarette?
4. Who was Eva's mother's best friend?
5. What did Eva's Japanese friend get angry about?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)