|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just before leaving for college, how did Eva describe herself?
(a) Lost between two worlds.
(b) Lost between two languages.
(c) Like a mosaic made of up fragments, but still an immigrant.
(d) Like a lost soul.
2. What body of water did the ship sail down after it reached the coast of Canada?
(a) Lake Huron.
(b) The Hudson River.
(c) Lake Ontario.
(d) The St. Lawrence Seaway.
3. What cartoon did Eva and her mother just not understand?
(a) The Time Magazine cartoon.
(b) The television cartoons.
(c) The Vancouver Gazette cartoon.
(d) The New Yorker cartoon.
4. Which close relative of Eva's mother died during the war in the gas chambers?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
5. What did Eva's mother mean when she said that Eva was becoming "English?"
(a) She was becoming "cold."
(b) She was learning the language too quickly.
(c) She wanted to go to school in America.
(d) She didn't want to be seen with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the winter, how did Eva's mother transport her to school?
2. Who were the favorite singers among Eva's parent's friends in Canada?
3. What did Eva and Alinka discuss on their way home from school as they dawdled along Main Street?
4. Who asked Eva to dance on board the ship coming to Canada?
5. What, according to Eva and her parents, was the "big fear?"
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)