|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Penny give Eva for her birthday that got her writing juices flowing?
(a) A blank notebook.
(c) A diary.
(d) A typewriter.
2. What body of water did the ship sail down after it reached the coast of Canada?
(a) Lake Ontario.
(b) The St. Lawrence Seaway.
(c) The Hudson River.
(d) Lake Huron.
3. What Polish word was the best compliment that a school exercise could receive and means "dash, inspiration and flying?"
4. Where did Eva's mother take her every two weeks when she was a child that Eva described as being like Plato's cave or an Egyptian temple?
(b) The opera.
(d) The library.
5. When little Eva worried about her parents fighting, what did her father tell her about their marriage that soothed Eva's worries?
(a) "I never should have married your mother."
(b) "Our marriage is as strong as the Chinese Wall."
(c) "Your mother just isn't bright."
(d) "I'm the man of the house."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eva tell Penny that she thought of when she thought of love?
2. What game did most teenage parties devolve into that made Eva feel that she was among a strange tribe of adolescents?
3. What did Eva believe was the most important thing about speech?
4. What language did Eva begin writing in when she began taking writing seriously?
5. In Eva's Poland apartment, what was the "second" room?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)