|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a familiar arch in Cracow which functioned as a gateway to the old city?
(a) Entrance Gate.
(b) Banieczki Gate.
(c) Cracow Gate.
(d) Florianska Gate.
2. What story of success did Eva's father hear from a man who spoke Yiddish about a Polish Jew who came to Canada?
(a) He built houses and made a great living.
(b) He went to work in a restaurant and worked his way up from dishwasher.
(c) He produced Polish pickles and made a fortune.
(d) He sold all his possessions and bought a lumber yard.
3. After traveling to America, what did Eva declare was the capitol of the United States?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
4. How did Krysia describe her friendship to Eva in a poem?
(a) Like a weeping willow.
(b) Like a cold running river.
(c) Like a mountain.
(d) Like a coy pond.
5. Where was the photograph taken about a year after the Wydra's arrived in Canada?
(a) In front of a museum.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) By the ocean.
(d) In the back yard of their home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Ostropov involved in politically back in Russia?
2. Where did Eva's family take vacations when she was young in Poland?
3. When Eva went out with her new friends in Canada, what was the boy wearing who teased Eva and called her a "foreign student?"
4. Who refused to leave the ship and meet her new husband when the ship reached Canada?
5. Which toothpaste did the Wydra's decide to use after seeing commercials?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)