|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refused to leave the ship and meet her new husband when the ship reached Canada?
(d) Pani Ruta.
2. Who were the favorite singers among Eva's parent's friends in Canada?
(a) Nat King Cole.
(b) Andrews Sisters and Dinah Shore.
(c) Bing Crosby.
(d) Perry Como.
3. After traveling to America, what did Eva declare was the capitol of the United States?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. Who in Canada supervised Eva's musical progress?
(a) Mrs. Rubenstein.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mrs. Steiner.
(d) Mrs. Berg.
5. What book did Eva's father read that gave him the initial idea to emigrate to Canada?
(a) Canada Fragrant with Resin.
(b) Canada, the Land of Immigration.
(c) Oh Canada!
(d) How to Emigate to the Americas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food did the Wydra's have in their luggage from their trip?
2. In her later life, who did Pani Orlovska write a book about?
3. What did Penny give Eva for her birthday that got her writing juices flowing?
4. Where did the Wydras live inside the house in which they stayed when they arrived in Vancouver?
5. Which close relative of Eva's mother died during the war in the gas chambers?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)