|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Wydra's arrived in Canada, how far away were they from Vancouver in Eva's mind?
(a) 100 Miles.
(b) Very far away.
(c) A day away.
(d) Just over the mountains.
2. What two popular shows on T.V. did the men go to the den to watch during parties in Canada?
(a) Friends and I Love Lucy.
(b) Father Knows Best and the Ed Sullivan Show.
(c) I Love Lucy and Bonanza.
(d) The Lawrence Welk Show and the Ed Sullivan Show.
3. Why was Alinka receiving more of a Jewish education in Canada than Eva?
(a) All Alinda's friends were Jewish.
(b) Alinka attended a Hebrew school.
(c) Alinka went to synagogue every Saturday.
(d) Eva and Alinka's parents were now practicing Jews.
4. Who's son was Marek?
(a) Ciocia Bronia.
(b) Pani Ruta's.
(c) Pani Grodzinska.
5. What did Eva confide to Mrs. Steiner?
(a) That she didn't like her school.
(b) That they had little money.
(c) That bullies beat her up.
(d) That her parents fought and argued.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eva's father hide his foreign currency?
2. Who did Eva relate to best in Canada and consider her "real friends?"
3. What did Eva tell Penny that she thought of when she thought of love?
4. What body of water did the ship sail down after it reached the coast of Canada?
5. What kind of facade did the synagogue in Poland have?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)