|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Penny's sister, Janet, try to do?
(a) Buy liquor.
(b) Sneak out to see a boy.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Run away.
2. What city did Eva and her parents get off the ship at when they arrived in Canada?
3. What kind of facade did the synagogue in Poland have?
4. What did Eva's mother have an aversion to teaching her daughter?
(a) "Feminine" pursuits, such as cooking and sewing.
(c) Vacation planning.
(d) The piano.
5. What did Eva and her sister have sewn into the pockets of their skirts when they sailed for Canada?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the first place the ship stopped when reaching Canada?
2. What was a familiar arch in Cracow which functioned as a gateway to the old city?
3. What was the address where the Wydra's first lived in Vancouver written on the "I'm lost" card?
4. How did Eva's mother and father prefer her to dress when in Poland?
5. Where did the ship that Eva and her family emigrate to Canada on sail from?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)