|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eva and Alina arrived at school, what was the first English word that they understood?
(b) Shut up or shuddup.
2. What did Eva's sister do almost the entire trip from Montreal to Vancouver?
(b) Giggled nervously.
(c) Ran around and played.
3. Where was the Steiner's house in Vancouver?
(a) The harbor.
(b) At the edge of the city.
(c) On top of the mountain.
(d) On Harbor Rd.
4. Vancouver's Board of Commerce claimed that Vancouver was the most beautiful city in the world after what city?
(c) New York.
(d) Rio de Janeiro.
5. What, according to the author, was the language of money and secrets?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eva went out with her new friends in Canada, what was the boy wearing who teased Eva and called her a "foreign student?"
2. What, according to Eva and her parents, was the "big fear?"
3. How did Mr. Ostropov show what he meant by "life?"
4. What did Eva's father use as a means of transportation in Poland?
5. When little Eva worried about her parents fighting, what did her father tell her about their marriage that soothed Eva's worries?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)