|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Eva's mother, was a necessary part of a lady's equipment?
(a) A maid.
(b) A vacuum.
(c) A husband.
(d) A car.
2. Other than a pianist, what did Eva declare that she would like to be when she grew up?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A mother.
(c) An actress.
(d) A writer.
3. What novel did John Fowles write that influenced Eva?
(a) Polish Immigrants.
(b) The Ebony Tower.
(c) America's Tastes.
(d) The Grid.
4. How did the Wydra's travel from the Canadian port city to Vancouver?
(a) By car.
(b) By plane.
(c) By train.
(d) By ship.
5. What ship did Eva and her family sail on to Canada?
(a) The Titanic.
(b) The Lusitania.
(c) The Batory.
(d) Oh Canada!
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Eva and Marek's first music teacher?
2. What did Eva believe was the most important thing about speech?
3. Who did Eva relate to best in Canada and consider her "real friends?"
4. When Eva went out with her new friends in Canada, what was the boy wearing who teased Eva and called her a "foreign student?"
5. How did Mr. Ostropov show what he meant by "life?"
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)