|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Paradise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Eva's mother, was a necessary part of a lady's equipment?
(a) A car.
(b) A vacuum.
(c) A maid.
(d) A husband.
2. What happened to Alinka when her mother went to a sanatorium?
(a) She went to a private establishment run by a governess and gets treated badly.
(b) She stays home with a maid.
(c) She lives with Pani Ruta.
(d) She lives with a teacher from school.
3. Who was Eva's sister named after?
(a) Her mother's sister.
(b) A relative in Israel.
(c) A maid.
(d) Her grandmother.
4. What did Marek tell Eva's father before his family left Poland?
(a) He wanted to marry Eva and come to Canada.
(b) He wanted to join the military in Isreal.
(c) That they had to move to Isreal because Eva was supposed to be his wife.
(d) They must leave for America soon.
5. Where did Eva's father hide his foreign currency?
(a) In the stove.
(b) Under a piece of the parquet floor.
(c) In a pipe in the ceiling.
(d) In a wall closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eva and her sister have sewn into the pockets of their skirts when they sailed for Canada?
2. What year did prayers and religion classes begin in Polish schools?
3. In the winter, how did Eva's mother transport her to school?
4. What body of water did the ship sail down after it reached the coast of Canada?
5. Who owns the houses in the locations where Eva's family vacations when she is young in Poland?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)