|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Paradise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eva and her sister have sewn into the pockets of their skirts when they sailed for Canada?
2. What year did prayers and religion classes begin in Polish schools?
3. Where did Eva's family take vacations when she was young in Poland?
(a) Bialy Dunajec.
(b) Baltic Sea.
4. How much younger was Eva's sister than her?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 4 years.
5. Who did Janek, the boy Eva met on the ship to Canada, meet as he leaves the ship?
(a) His boss.
(b) His father.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eva go to Christian church with when she was young?
2. What was another word for "cuppings?"
3. What ship did Eva and her family sail on to Canada?
4. What kind of facade did the synagogue in Poland have?
5. What was the name of the drink made for Eva by her mother when she was sick?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)