|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Paradise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's son was Marek?
(b) Ciocia Bronia.
(c) Pani Grodzinska.
(d) Pani Ruta's.
2. How much younger was Eva's sister than her?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 1 year.
3. When little Eva worried about her parents fighting, what did her father tell her about their marriage that soothed Eva's worries?
(a) "Your mother just isn't bright."
(b) "I never should have married your mother."
(c) "Our marriage is as strong as the Chinese Wall."
(d) "I'm the man of the house."
4. What is unique about Orlovska's apartment that let Eva know that they had more money than her family?
(a) They had a separate kitchen.
(b) They had a maid's room.
(c) They had a "little salon."
(d) They had a 4th room.
5. Which close relative of Eva's mother died during the war in the gas chambers?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eva's father use as a means of transportation in Poland?
2. Where in New York did Eva meet somebody who knew her parents before the war?
3. What was the name of the drink made for Eva by her mother when she was sick?
4. What body of water did the ship sail down after it reached the coast of Canada?
5. Who was Eva's mother's best friend?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)