|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Danuta ask Eva to send her from America?
(a) Bayer aspirin.
2. What did the brass band play as the ship left the harbor when Eva's family sailed for Canada?
(a) Mulberry's Dance.
(b) The Canadian National Anthem.
(c) Goodbye, My Sweet.
(d) The Polish National Anthem.
3. As an incompletely assimilated immigrant, what was Eva always confronting?
(a) Dog day afternoon.
(b) The Day.
4. What did Pani Orlovska tell Eva she should wash her face with to have a good complexion?
(d) Laundry soap.
5. In Eva's Poland apartment, what was the "second" room?
(a) The maid's room.
(b) A bedroom for Eva and her sister.
(c) A bedroom for Eva's parents.
(d) Eva's sisters room.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the woman who Eva met in New York who knew her parents before the war, how did Eva's father save Eva's mother after she had a miscarriage?
2. What cartoon did Eva and her mother just not understand?
3. How many languages did Eva's mother speak?
4. What began to win Eva prizes at school in Canada?
5. Who in Canada supervised Eva's musical progress?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)