|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eva's father settle into for work in Canada?
(a) He ran a diner.
(b) He collected and sold junk.
(c) He ran an antique store for fine antiques.
(d) He worked for a construction company.
2. What game did most teenage parties devolve into that made Eva feel that she was among a strange tribe of adolescents?
(a) Truth or Dare.
(b) Ring Around the Rosie.
(c) Spin the Bottle.
(d) Mother May I?
3. What were Marysia's (Danuta's girl) favorite play clothes?
(a) A red dress.
(b) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A jumper.
4. Who was Eva and Marek's first music teacher?
(a) Pani Grodzinska.
(b) Pani Ruta.
(c) Eva's mother.
(d) Marek's mother.
5. What kind of home did Eva's parents buy in Canada?
(a) A large brick house.
(b) A two story lap-board house.
(c) An ocean cottage.
(d) A small "stucco" house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Polish word was the best compliment that a school exercise could receive and means "dash, inspiration and flying?"
2. What did Eva's mother have an aversion to teaching her daughter?
3. What kind of food did Eva and her friends eat when they arrived at Lincoln?
4. Where was the Steiner's house in Vancouver?
5. What was another word for "cuppings?"
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)