|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Paradise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Orlovska's apartment that let Eva know that they had more money than her family?
(a) They had a "little salon."
(b) They had a 4th room.
(c) They had a maid's room.
(d) They had a separate kitchen.
2. Who, at home, infused Eva and her sister with Christian teachings?
(a) Their mother.
(b) The maids.
(c) Pani Ruta.
(d) Their father.
3. What street did Eva and her family live on in Poland?
(c) Kazimierza Wielkiego.
4. Where did Eva's father hide his foreign currency?
(a) Under a piece of the parquet floor.
(b) In a wall closet.
(c) In the stove.
(d) In a pipe in the ceiling.
5. Where was the first place the ship stopped when reaching Canada?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the brass band play as the ship left the harbor when Eva's family sailed for Canada?
2. Who owns the houses in the locations where Eva's family vacations when she is young in Poland?
3. Who's son was Marek?
4. What kind of facade did the synagogue in Poland have?
5. Who was Eva's sister named after?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)