|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Paradise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the first place the ship stopped when reaching Canada?
(d) New York.
2. What happened to Alinka when her mother went to a sanatorium?
(a) She stays home with a maid.
(b) She lives with a teacher from school.
(c) She lives with Pani Ruta.
(d) She went to a private establishment run by a governess and gets treated badly.
3. What, according to Eva's mother, was a necessary part of a lady's equipment?
(a) A car.
(b) A maid.
(c) A vacuum.
(d) A husband.
4. What did Eva play for her first public piano performance?
5. How did Eva's mother and father prefer her to dress when in Poland?
(a) In "sports outfits" meaning shorts or long pants.
(b) In fancy dresses.
(c) In clothes that are too large.
(d) In colorful clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in New York did Eva meet somebody who knew her parents before the war?
2. What Polish word was the best compliment that a school exercise could receive and means "dash, inspiration and flying?"
3. What ship did Eva and her family sail on to Canada?
4. What was a familiar arch in Cracow which functioned as a gateway to the old city?
5. Who was Eva's mother's best friend?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)