|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Paradise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Janek, the boy Eva met on the ship to Canada, meet as he leaves the ship?
(a) His boss.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His aunt.
2. What did Marek tell Eva's father before his family left Poland?
(a) He wanted to marry Eva and come to Canada.
(b) That they had to move to Isreal because Eva was supposed to be his wife.
(c) They must leave for America soon.
(d) He wanted to join the military in Isreal.
3. What year did prayers and religion classes begin in Polish schools?
4. Who was Eva's sister named after?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) A maid.
(c) Her mother's sister.
(d) A relative in Israel.
5. What kind of uniform did Eva wear to the Cracow Music School?
(a) An overdress made from navy blue fabric.
(b) A skirt and white top.
(c) Pants and a white blouse.
(d) Jeans and a blue top.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Eva's mother, was a necessary part of a lady's equipment?
2. Where did Eva's family take vacations when she was young in Poland?
3. What Polish word was the best compliment that a school exercise could receive and means "dash, inspiration and flying?"
4. What did Eva play for her first public piano performance?
5. What, according to the author, was the language of money and secrets?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)