|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality was Eva's piano teacher in Canada?
2. What did Pani Orlovska tell Eva she should wash her face with to have a good complexion?
(c) Laundry soap.
3. Who was Eva's mother's best friend?
(a) Pani Ruta.
(b) Pani Ovantrain.
(c) Pani Clois.
(d) Pani Judith.
4. What did Eva's mother mean when she said that Eva was becoming "English?"
(a) She was becoming "cold."
(b) She wanted to go to school in America.
(c) She was learning the language too quickly.
(d) She didn't want to be seen with her mother.
5. What did Danuta Dombarska, the blond girl who lived in the next building in Poland want to be when she grew up?
(a) A saint.
(b) A park ranger.
(c) A politician.
(d) An actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Steiner's house in Vancouver?
2. How did Mr. Ostropov show what he meant by "life?"
3. Where did Eva's father hide his foreign currency?
4. Other than a pianist, what did Eva declare that she would like to be when she grew up?
5. How many languages did Eva's mother speak?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)