|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eva saw a black man on her travels to Vancouver, who did she think he looked like?
(a) Harry Belafonte.
(b) Martin Luther King.
(c) Wilt Chamberlin.
(d) Ray Charles.
2. What did hearing English distorted feel like for Eva?
(a) Made her cry.
(b) Grated on her like chalk screeching on a blackboard.
(c) Made her laugh.
(d) Made her sick to her stomach.
3. What was Mr. Ostropov involved in politically back in Russia?
(a) The War of '68.
(c) The Polish uprising.
(d) The Russian Revolution of 1905.
4. What city did Eva and her parents get off the ship at when they arrived in Canada?
5. Who, at home, infused Eva and her sister with Christian teachings?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their father.
(c) Pani Ruta.
(d) The maids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the goldfish at the pond that Eva and her parents often visited in Poland?
2. What language did Eva begin writing in when she began taking writing seriously?
3. What did Krysia's older brother study in school?
4. What was Vancouver's shopping mecca?
5. In the winter, how did Eva's mother transport her to school?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)