|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the highest grade at the elementary school?
2. What does Zinkoff have to do before he can sleep after Claudia is found?
3. Who tells Zinkoff that he can't be on their team for Field Day?
4. What relative is with Zinkoff when he wakes up after his search for Claudia?
5. Why is what Zinkoff's father does with him after Field Day so special?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hector Binns' best friend?
2. What happens when Zinkoff gets an A in geography?
3. Who are Zinkoff's favorite teachers, and why?
4. What is different about Claudia?
5. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
6. Why does Zinkoff like getting to his classes at the middle school early?
7. What scares Zinkoff when he first wakes up after searching for Claudia?
8. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
9. What are the police cars on Willow Street there for?
10. What does Claudia do when she sees Zinkoff after he wakes up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Zinkoff feel about friendship, and why was this so central to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)