|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zinkoff go to keep warm while looking for Claudia?
2. What is Gary Hobin good at?
3. Why does Zinkoff think his classmates stop smiling at him?
4. What is Zinkoff called after he gets an A on a test?
5. What does Zinkoff spell while looking for Claudia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the 5th graders see as evidence of Zinkoff being a loser?
2. Who does Zinkoff like to watch most on Willow Street, and why?
3. What happened when Polly ran away?
4. Why is Zinkoff mad when a man finds him in the snow?
5. What does Claudia do when she sees Zinkoff after he wakes up?
6. Why did Zinkoff's parents think he was out in the snow?
7. Who is Hector Binns' best friend?
8. What happens for the first time at the end of the book?
9. What does Zinkoff say is worse than feeling like a loser, and why?
10. What is Zinkoff doing when he sees the police cars heading for Willow Street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)