|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Zinkoff's parents feel when they hear why their son was out in the snow?
2. What does Zinkoff think the Waiting Man should have done?
3. Who never stops smiling at Zinkoff at school?
4. What wakes Zinkoff up when he starts to doze while searching for Claudia?
5. Where does Zinkoff want to take Hector?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zinkoff want to help the policemen on Willow Street so badly?
2. Why did Zinkoff's parents think he was out in the snow?
3. What question would Bonce like to ask Zinkoff at the end of the book?
4. Why does Zinkoff like getting to his classes at the middle school early?
5. What happens for the first time at the end of the book?
6. Who are Zinkoff's favorite teachers, and why?
7. What does Claudia do when she sees Zinkoff after he wakes up?
8. What is different about Claudia?
9. Why does Zinkoff not want the lady with the walker to know his name?
10. What do the 5th graders see as evidence of Zinkoff being a loser?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What did Zinkoff learn from his day on Willow Street, and how did this change his life?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)