|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zinkoff think to look for Claudia?
2. What does Polly shout when Zinkoff gets his diploma?
3. What is the name of Hector's lizard?
4. Why do the teachers keep doing Field Day?
5. What do the students do on in-service day at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Zinkoff so comforted by the police lights while he is looking for Claudia?
2. How does Zinkoff feel when he sees a snowplow while he is looking for Claudia, and why?
3. What snack does the lady with the walker make for Zinkoff?
4. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
5. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
6. Why does Zinkoff not want the lady with the walker to know his name?
7. Who does Zinkoff like to watch most on Willow Street, and why?
8. What does Zinkoff say is worse than feeling like a loser, and why?
9. Why does Zinkoff clutch the bubblegum stone so much while searching for Claudia?
10. Why does Zinkoff like getting to his classes at the middle school early?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of relationship did Zinkoff have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)