|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is what Zinkoff's father does with him after Field Day so special?
2. What does Zinkoff do when he is asked if he won Field Day?
3. Why does Zinkoff think his classmates stop smiling at him?
4. Where do the Zinkoffs go on vacation?
5. What gift does Hector reject from Zinkoff?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zinkoff let go of his giraffe hat?
2. What is different about Claudia?
3. Why is Zinkoff so comforted by the police lights while he is looking for Claudia?
4. Why does Zinkoff skip school on Field Day?
5. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
6. What scares Zinkoff when he first wakes up after searching for Claudia?
7. Why does Zinkoff not want the lady with the walker to know his name?
8. Why did Zinkoff's parents think he was out in the snow?
9. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
10. What do the 5th graders see as evidence of Zinkoff being a loser?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zinkoff presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
How did Zinkoff show his persistent nature, and what effect did this attribute have on other people in his life?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)