|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assures Zinkoff that others are still looking for Claudia?
2. Where do the Zinkoffs go on vacation?
3. Who is the first person to notice Zinkoff wake up after his search for Claudia?
4. How does Zinkoff feel about being in the oldest grade at the school?
5. Why were the police lights kept on after Claudia was found?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zinkoff feel when he sees a snowplow while he is looking for Claudia, and why?
2. Why does Zinkoff not want the lady with the walker to know his name?
3. How does Zinkoff let go of his giraffe hat?
4. Why is Zinkoff so comforted by the police lights while he is looking for Claudia?
5. Why did Zinkoff's parents think he was out in the snow?
6. What do the 5th graders see as evidence of Zinkoff being a loser?
7. What happens when Zinkoff gets an A in geography?
8. Why is it so frustrating when Zinkoff's pockets get wet?
9. What are the police cars on Willow Street there for?
10. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Zinkoff show his persistent nature, and what effect did this attribute have on other people in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)