|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinkoff imagine is calling him names when he is in the oldest grade at the school?
2. Why is what Zinkoff's father does with him after Field Day so special?
3. How long is Zinkoff grounded?
4. Where does Zinkoff ask to sleep after Claudia is found?
5. Who is the first person to notice Zinkoff wake up after his search for Claudia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Zinkoff's favorite teachers, and why?
2. Why is Zinkoff so comforted by the police lights while he is looking for Claudia?
3. Why is Zinkoff mad when a man finds him in the snow?
4. What does Zinkoff say is worse than feeling like a loser, and why?
5. What snack does the lady with the walker make for Zinkoff?
6. Who does Zinkoff like to watch most on Willow Street, and why?
7. Why does Zinkoff not want the lady with the walker to know his name?
8. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
9. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
10. What does Zinkoff do at Halftop Hill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)