|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zinkoff feel about being in the oldest grade at the school?
2. What is the Middle School called?
3. What is Zinkoff called after he gets an A on a test?
4. What happens when Zinkoff gets his 5th grade diploma?
5. How many clunker cars has Mr. Zinkoff gone through by the time Field Day rolls around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What snack does the lady with the walker make for Zinkoff?
2. What question would Bonce like to ask Zinkoff at the end of the book?
3. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
4. How does Zinkoff feel when he sees a snowplow while he is looking for Claudia, and why?
5. What are the police cars on Willow Street there for?
6. Who is Hector Binns' best friend?
7. What do the 5th graders see as evidence of Zinkoff being a loser?
8. Why does Zinkoff clutch the bubblegum stone so much while searching for Claudia?
9. Why does Zinkoff end up quitting most of the clubs that he joins in middle school?
10. Why does Zinkoff skip school on Field Day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zinkoff presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)