|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Zinkoff that he can't be on their team for Field Day?
2. Who passes Zinkoff a ball at the end of the book?
3. What does Zinkoff's father do with him after Field Day?
4. Why do Zinkoff's teammates call him something after Field Day?
5. What relative is with Zinkoff when he wakes up after his search for Claudia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Zinkoff's favorite teachers, and why?
2. Who does Zinkoff like to watch most on Willow Street, and why?
3. What do the 5th graders see as evidence of Zinkoff being a loser?
4. Why is Zinkoff mad when a man finds him in the snow?
5. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
6. Why is it so frustrating when Zinkoff's pockets get wet?
7. What question would Bonce like to ask Zinkoff at the end of the book?
8. What does Zinkoff say is worse than feeling like a loser, and why?
9. What does Zinkoff do at Halftop Hill?
10. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What did Zinkoff learn from his day on Willow Street, and how did this change his life?
Essay Topic 3
How did Zinkoff show his persistent nature, and what effect did this attribute have on other people in his life?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)