|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who never stops smiling at Zinkoff at school?
2. Who returns the bubblegum stone to Zinkoff?
3. What is the name of Hector's lizard?
4. What does Zinkoff say is missing from the middle school?
5. What makes everything so quiet while Zinkoff is searching for Claudia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Zinkoff doing when he sees the police cars heading for Willow Street?
2. Who is Hector Binns' best friend?
3. Why does Zinkoff like getting to his classes at the middle school early?
4. Why is it so frustrating when Zinkoff's pockets get wet?
5. What does Zinkoff say is worse than feeling like a loser, and why?
6. What is different about Claudia?
7. What scares Zinkoff when he first wakes up after searching for Claudia?
8. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
9. What do the 5th graders see as evidence of Zinkoff being a loser?
10. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)