|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many clunker cars has Mr. Zinkoff gone through by the time Field Day rolls around?
2. Why does Zinkoff think his mother will be angry while he is searching for Claudia?
3. What is Hector making a candle out of?
4. Where does Zinkoff want to take Hector?
5. What does Zinkoff know his father will never see him as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zinkoff do at Halftop Hill?
2. Why does Zinkoff end up quitting most of the clubs that he joins in middle school?
3. What question would Bonce like to ask Zinkoff at the end of the book?
4. Why does Zinkoff like getting to his classes at the middle school early?
5. What is Zinkoff doing when he sees the police cars heading for Willow Street?
6. What happens when Zinkoff gets an A in geography?
7. How does Zinkoff let go of his giraffe hat?
8. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
9. Why did Zinkoff's parents think he was out in the snow?
10. What snack does the lady with the walker make for Zinkoff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What did Zinkoff feel about friendship, and why was this so central to the plot?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)