|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinkoff imagine is calling him names when he is in the oldest grade at the school?
2. Why do the teachers keep doing Field Day?
3. Why does Zinkoff not think Claudia will be in the street?
4. Where does Zinkoff sleep during his first sleepover?
5. Who is the first person Zinkoff sees when he wakes up after his search for Claudia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zinkoff do at Halftop Hill?
2. What is different about Claudia?
3. Why is Zinkoff mad when a man finds him in the snow?
4. Why did Zinkoff's parents think he was out in the snow?
5. How does Zinkoff let go of his giraffe hat?
6. Why does Zinkoff want to help the policemen on Willow Street so badly?
7. Why does Zinkoff skip school on Field Day?
8. How does Zinkoff feel when he sees a snowplow while he is looking for Claudia, and why?
9. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
10. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Zinkoff show his persistent nature, and what effect did this attribute have on other people in his life?
Essay Topic 2
What did Zinkoff feel about friendship, and why was this so central to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)