|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zinkoff want to take Hector?
2. What does Zinkoff spell while looking for Claudia?
3. Where does Zinkoff sit during the 5th grade graduation?
4. What does Zinkoff imagine is calling him names when he is in the oldest grade at the school?
5. What do Zinkoff's teammates call him after Field Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hector Binns' best friend?
2. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
3. What happened when Polly ran away?
4. What does Zinkoff say is worse than feeling like a loser, and why?
5. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
6. What happens when Zinkoff gets an A in geography?
7. How does Zinkoff let go of his giraffe hat?
8. Why did Zinkoff's parents think he was out in the snow?
9. Why is Zinkoff mad when a man finds him in the snow?
10. Who are Zinkoff's favorite teachers, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book, as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
How did Zinkoff show his persistent nature, and what effect did this attribute have on other people in his life?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship did Zinkoff have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)