|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinkoff's father do with him after Field Day?
2. What team wins the 5th grade Field Day?
3. Who passes Zinkoff a ball at the end of the book?
4. Where does Zinkoff ask to sleep after Claudia is found?
5. What is the highest grade at the elementary school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zinkoff feel when he sees a snowplow while he is looking for Claudia, and why?
2. Why does Zinkoff not want the lady with the walker to know his name?
3. Who is Hector Binns' best friend?
4. Why does Zinkoff skip school on Field Day?
5. How does Zinkoff let go of his giraffe hat?
6. Why does Zinkoff clutch the bubblegum stone so much while searching for Claudia?
7. What happens for the first time at the end of the book?
8. Why is Zinkoff mad when a man finds him in the snow?
9. What happened when Polly ran away?
10. Why does Zinkoff end up quitting most of the clubs that he joins in middle school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)