|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to notice Zinkoff wake up after his search for Claudia?
2. Why is what Zinkoff's father does with him after Field Day so special?
3. What assures Zinkoff that others are still looking for Claudia?
4. What does Zinkoff clutch while searching for Claudia?
5. Who never stops smiling at Zinkoff at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What snack does the lady with the walker make for Zinkoff?
2. Who is Hector Binns' best friend?
3. Why does Zinkoff like getting to his classes at the middle school early?
4. Why did Zinkoff's parents think he was out in the snow?
5. What happens when Zinkoff gets an A in geography?
6. How does Zinkoff let go of his giraffe hat?
7. What question would Bonce like to ask Zinkoff at the end of the book?
8. What happened when Polly ran away?
9. Why does Zinkoff want to help the policemen on Willow Street so badly?
10. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the main differences between Zinkoff and the other children in his life, and how did this affect him?
Essay Topic 3
What did Zinkoff feel about friendship, and why was this so central to the plot?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)