|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zinkoff practice his races?
2. What wakes Zinkoff up when he starts to doze while searching for Claudia?
3. What does Zinkoff whisper while looking for Claudia?
4. Where is Claudia found?
5. Why do the adults in the room think Zinkoff was out in the snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Polly ran away?
2. What scares Zinkoff when he first wakes up after searching for Claudia?
3. What are the police cars on Willow Street there for?
4. How does Zinkoff let go of his giraffe hat?
5. Why is Zinkoff mad when a man finds him in the snow?
6. What is Zinkoff doing when he sees the police cars heading for Willow Street?
7. Who does Zinkoff like to watch most on Willow Street, and why?
8. What is different about Claudia?
9. Why does Zinkoff clutch the bubblegum stone so much while searching for Claudia?
10. Who is Hector Binns' best friend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What did Zinkoff learn from his day on Willow Street, and how did this change his life?
Essay Topic 3
What did Zinkoff feel about friendship, and why was this so central to the plot?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)