|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to notice Zinkoff wake up after his search for Claudia?
2. What is Bonce playing at the end of the book?
3. What does Zinkoff spell while looking for Claudia?
4. What does Zinkoff call Hector?
5. Who gave Zinkoff the bubblegum rock?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zinkoff clutch the bubblegum stone so much while searching for Claudia?
2. Why did Zinkoff's parents think he was out in the snow?
3. Why does Zinkoff like getting to his classes at the middle school early?
4. What happens for the first time at the end of the book?
5. What happens when Zinkoff gets an A in geography?
6. How does Zinkoff let go of his giraffe hat?
7. Why does Zinkoff not want the lady with the walker to know his name?
8. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
9. What does Claudia do when she sees Zinkoff after he wakes up?
10. What question would Bonce like to ask Zinkoff at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the main differences between Zinkoff and the other children in his life, and how did this affect him?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)