|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bonce playing at the end of the book?
2. What wakes Zinkoff up when he starts to doze while searching for Claudia?
3. Who never stops smiling at Zinkoff at school?
4. Where does Zinkoff ask to sleep after Claudia is found?
5. Who is the first person to notice Zinkoff wake up after his search for Claudia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What snack does the lady with the walker make for Zinkoff?
2. What is Zinkoff doing when he sees the police cars heading for Willow Street?
3. What happens when Zinkoff gets an A in geography?
4. Why does Zinkoff clutch the bubblegum stone so much while searching for Claudia?
5. Why does Zinkoff want to help the policemen on Willow Street so badly?
6. What do the 5th graders see as evidence of Zinkoff being a loser?
7. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
8. Who are Zinkoff's favorite teachers, and why?
9. Why is it so frustrating when Zinkoff's pockets get wet?
10. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Zinkoff presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)