|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zinkoff think his classmates stop smiling at him?
2. What does Zinkoff say is missing from the middle school?
3. Who gave Zinkoff the bubblegum rock?
4. Who followed Polly when she ran away once?
5. What do the older children call Field Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Zinkoff so comforted by the police lights while he is looking for Claudia?
2. What question would Bonce like to ask Zinkoff at the end of the book?
3. What does Zinkoff do at Halftop Hill?
4. Why does Zinkoff want to help the policemen on Willow Street so badly?
5. What does Claudia do when she sees Zinkoff after he wakes up?
6. What is different about Claudia?
7. Why did Zinkoff's parents think he was out in the snow?
8. What happens when Zinkoff gets an A in geography?
9. What do the 5th graders see as evidence of Zinkoff being a loser?
10. What does Zinkoff say is worse than feeling like a loser, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)