|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zinkoff ask to sleep after Claudia is found?
2. Why does Zinkoff want the snow plows to stop while he is looking for Claudia?
3. Where does Zinkoff want to take Hector?
4. Who brought Polly home when she ran away once?
5. What is the highest grade at the elementary school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zinkoff let go of his giraffe hat?
2. What are the police cars on Willow Street there for?
3. Why does Zinkoff clutch the bubblegum stone so much while searching for Claudia?
4. What snack does the lady with the walker make for Zinkoff?
5. Why did Zinkoff's parents think he was out in the snow?
6. What does Zinkoff do at Halftop Hill?
7. Who are Zinkoff's favorite teachers, and why?
8. How does Zinkoff feel when he sees a snowplow while he is looking for Claudia, and why?
9. Why does Zinkoff like getting to his classes at the middle school early?
10. Why is Zinkoff so comforted by the police lights while he is looking for Claudia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Competition was a main theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did Zinkoff's differences affect this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Zinkoff presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)