|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do students whisper the word Jabip to him after the first incident?
2. How does Andrew's father plan to get them moved to a new house?
3. Where does Zinkoff want to go when he is out of school for so long?
4. What is Andrew's father's occupation?
5. How does Zinkoff describe the world when he is ready to go to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Waiting Man waiting for?
2. Why does Zinkoff feel like he can run forever?
3. What does Zinkoff think his mother's star stickers are?
4. How does Zinkoff score his first goal in a soccer game?
5. What does the narrator say happens when boys get together?
6. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
7. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
8. Why are Zinkoff's differences suddenly noticed in the 4th grade?
9. How is Zinkoff described in the first chapter?
10. Why is Andrew sulking when his new neighbors come to visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Zinkoff feel about friendship, and why was this so central to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Zinkoff presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)