|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of students does Mrs. Biswell appreciate?
2. Where does Zinkoff have a birthmark?
3. What does Zinkoff's father ask him every day at dinner?
4. What does the button say that Miss Meeks puts on Zinkoff?
5. What did Zinkoff do when Miss Meeks talked about Jabip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
2. What does Zinkoff think his mother's star stickers are?
3. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
4. Why is Andrew sulking when his new neighbors come to visit?
5. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
6. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
7. What special gift does Zinkoff make for Andrew?
8. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
9. How does Zinkoff score his first goal in a soccer game?
10. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book, as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the main differences between Zinkoff and the other children in his life, and how did this affect him?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)