|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zinkoff out of school for so long?
2. What does the button say that Miss Meeks puts on Zinkoff?
3. What does Zinkoff do when someone on the playground takes his hat?
4. What makes Zinkoff's teacher think he might have a developmental problem?
5. How is Zinkoff's stomach fixed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
2. What does Zinkoff play in orchestra, and why?
3. Why does Zinkoff cry when he leaves Willow Drive?
4. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
5. What does Zinkoff think his mother's star stickers are?
6. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
7. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
8. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
9. What does the narrator say the children do not notice about Zinkoff at a young age?
10. What special gift does Zinkoff make for Andrew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book, as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Meeks and Mrs. Biswell are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two teachers.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)