|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Zinkoff's first teacher been teaching?
2. Where does Mr. Zinkoff take his son on Sunday?
3. What does Zinkoff's sister get that makes him jealous?
4. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
5. What is the first thing Zinkoff learns at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
2. Why does Zinkoff cry when he leaves Willow Drive?
3. What is Zinkoff's big test?
4. What does Andrew's father think of the neighborhood, and why?
5. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
6. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
7. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
8. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
9. When does the narrator say Zinkoff is most profoundly discovered?
10. What is the Waiting Man waiting for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book, as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
How did Zinkoff show his persistent nature, and what effect did this attribute have on other people in his life?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)