|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Zinkoff's stomach fixed?
2. How does Zinkoff discover he can run forever?
3. What is the first thing Zinkoff learns at school?
4. What does Zinkoff do when he sees what seat Mrs. Biswell puts him in?
5. How does Zinkoff describe the world when he is ready to go to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say happens when boys get together?
2. Why is Andrew sulking when his new neighbors come to visit?
3. What do Zinkoff and his father discuss during lunch on their day at Willow Drive, and why?
4. What does Zinkoff play in orchestra, and why?
5. Why are Zinkoff's differences suddenly noticed in the 4th grade?
6. What does Zinkoff think his mother's star stickers are?
7. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
8. How is Zinkoff described in the first chapter?
9. Why does Zinkoff cry when he leaves Willow Drive?
10. How does Zinkoff score his first goal in a soccer game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How did Zinkoff show his persistent nature, and what effect did this attribute have on other people in his life?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)