|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Andrew's father plan to get them moved to a new house?
2. What does Zinkoff never do when he is young?
3. Why did Mrs. Biswell become a teacher?
4. How is Zinkoff's stomach fixed?
5. Why does Zinkoff get in trouble on his first day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zinkoff feel when he sees a snowplow while he is looking for Claudia, and why?
2. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
3. Why does Zinkoff want to help the policemen on Willow Street so badly?
4. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
5. What does Zinkoff play in orchestra, and why?
6. Why are Zinkoff's differences suddenly noticed in the 4th grade?
7. What happens for the first time at the end of the book?
8. When does the narrator say Zinkoff is most profoundly discovered?
9. How is Zinkoff described in the first chapter?
10. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)