|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do students whisper the word Jabip to him after the first incident?
2. What grade does Mrs. Biswell teach?
3. Who brought Zinkoff home from school on the weekend?
4. How far away is the school from Zinkoff's house?
5. Why does Zinkoff get in trouble on his first day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zinkoff feel like he can run forever?
2. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
3. What is Zinkoff's big test?
4. What does Zinkoff play in orchestra, and why?
5. Why is Andrew sulking when his new neighbors come to visit?
6. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
7. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
8. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
9. What does the narrator say the children do not notice about Zinkoff at a young age?
10. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jerry Spinelli have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)