|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zinkoff feel about the button given to him by Miss Meeks?
2. What passes Zinkoff as he is running?
3. What does the button say that Miss Meeks puts on Zinkoff?
4. What does Mrs. Zinkoff do to make money?
5. What is Zinkoff's sister's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Zinkoff's differences suddenly noticed in the 4th grade?
2. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
3. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
4. Why does Zinkoff feel like he can run forever?
5. What does Mrs. Zinkoff call her husband's car, and why?
6. What does Zinkoff play in orchestra, and why?
7. How does Zinkoff react to his first soccer game?
8. What do Zinkoff and his father discuss during lunch on their day at Willow Drive, and why?
9. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
10. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jerry Spinelli have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book, as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
Competition was a main theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did Zinkoff's differences affect this theme?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)