|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinkoff create while he is home from school?
2. Why do students whisper the word Jabip to him after the first incident?
3. Who brought Zinkoff home from school on the weekend?
4. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
5. How does the narrator say someone might get annoyed by a happy child in winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
2. Why does Zinkoff skip school on Field Day?
3. What does Zinkoff wonder as he goes to bed after his first day at school?
4. How does Zinkoff score his first goal in a soccer game?
5. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
6. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
7. What does Claudia do when she sees Zinkoff after he wakes up?
8. Why does Zinkoff feel like he can run forever?
9. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
10. What is Zinkoff's big test?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jerry Spinelli have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book, as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)