|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will someone know that a name and a boy go together in Chapter 1?
2. What did Zinkoff do when Miss Meeks talked about Jabip?
3. What is not noticed in the first chapter?
4. Who brought Zinkoff home from school on the weekend?
5. How does the narrator say someone might get annoyed by a happy child in winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Waiting Man waiting for?
2. What do Zinkoff and his father discuss during lunch on their day at Willow Drive, and why?
3. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
4. Why are Zinkoff's differences suddenly noticed in the 4th grade?
5. Why does Zinkoff feel like he can run forever?
6. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
7. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
8. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
9. What does Zinkoff play in orchestra, and why?
10. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship did Zinkoff have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
Essay Topic 2
What did Zinkoff feel about friendship, and why was this so central to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)