|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Yalowitz see in Zinkoff?
2. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
3. What is the first thing Zinkoff learns at school?
4. What does a third grader do to hurt Zinkoff on his first day in Mrs. Biswell's class?
5. What does Zinkoff love to hear more than anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
2. What does Andrew's father think of the neighborhood, and why?
3. Who are Zinkoff's favorite teachers, and why?
4. What happened when Polly ran away?
5. What is different about Claudia?
6. What does Zinkoff do at Halftop Hill?
7. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
8. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
9. What do the 5th graders see as evidence of Zinkoff being a loser?
10. What is Zinkoff doing when he sees the police cars heading for Willow Street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book?
Essay Topic 3
What did Zinkoff feel about friendship, and why was this so central to the plot?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)