|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the children giggle at Zinkoff on his first day at school?
2. What does Mrs. Biswell not like?
3. What is Mr. Zinkoff's occupation?
4. What does Zinkoff wear to school on his first day?
5. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zinkoff feel like he can run forever?
2. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
3. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
4. What special gift does Zinkoff make for Andrew?
5. What does the narrator say happens when boys get together?
6. What does Zinkoff practice after his first soccer game?
7. How does Zinkoff score his first goal in a soccer game?
8. What do Zinkoff and his father discuss during lunch on their day at Willow Drive, and why?
9. How is Zinkoff described in the first chapter?
10. What is the Waiting Man waiting for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Zinkoff feel about friendship, and why was this so central to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book, as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jerry Spinelli have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)