|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zinkoff discover he can run forever?
2. What is Mr. Zinkoff's occupation?
3. What does Zinkoff do when someone on the playground takes his hat?
4. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
5. How does Zinkoff feel as he is passed while running?
Short Essay Questions
1. What snack does the lady with the walker make for Zinkoff?
2. What does Zinkoff practice after his first soccer game?
3. Why does Zinkoff cry when he leaves Willow Drive?
4. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
5. What does the narrator say the children do not notice about Zinkoff at a young age?
6. What does Zinkoff say is worse than feeling like a loser, and why?
7. Who is Hector Binns' best friend?
8. What is different about Claudia?
9. Why is Zinkoff mad when a man finds him in the snow?
10. Why are Zinkoff's differences suddenly noticed in the 4th grade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Zinkoff presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)