|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zinkoff out of school for so long?
2. Where does Zinkoff want to go when he is out of school for so long?
3. What is Andrew's last name?
4. How does Zinkoff feel about the button given to him by Miss Meeks?
5. Who does Zinkoff feel like when he is at home from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zinkoff cry when he leaves Willow Drive?
2. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
3. What does Mrs. Zinkoff call her husband's car, and why?
4. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
5. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
6. What special gift does Zinkoff make for Andrew?
7. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
8. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
9. How does Zinkoff react to his first soccer game?
10. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zinkoff presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What did Zinkoff feel about friendship, and why was this so central to the plot?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)