|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Zinkoff's first teacher been teaching?
2. What is Zinkoff most afraid of?
3. What makes Zinkoff's teacher think he might have a developmental problem?
4. Where has Zinkoff spent most of his life, before he goes to school?
5. How does Zinkoff describe every day at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does the narrator say Zinkoff is most profoundly discovered?
2. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
3. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
4. What does Zinkoff think his mother's star stickers are?
5. How is Zinkoff described in the first chapter?
6. What does Zinkoff wonder as he goes to bed after his first day at school?
7. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
8. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
9. What does Mrs. Zinkoff call her husband's car, and why?
10. What is Zinkoff's big test?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Zinkoff presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship did Zinkoff have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)