Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinkoff create while he is home from school?
2. Why do students whisper the word Jabip to him after the first incident?
3. Who brought Zinkoff home from school on the weekend?
4. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
5. How does the narrator say someone might get annoyed by a happy child in winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
2. Why does Zinkoff skip school on Field Day?
3. What does Zinkoff wonder as he goes to bed after his first day at school?
4. How does Zinkoff score his first goal in a soccer game?
5. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
6. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
7. What does Claudia do when she sees Zinkoff after he wakes up?
8. Why does Zinkoff feel like he can run forever?
9. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
10. What is Zinkoff's big test?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jerry Spinelli have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Competition was a main theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did Zinkoff's differences affect this theme?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)