|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells at Mrs. Biswell for being unkind to Zinkoff?
2. What did Zinkoff do when Miss Meeks talked about Jabip?
3. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
4. How does Mrs. Biswell create her seating chart?
5. What does Zinkoff do when someone on the playground takes his hat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Zinkoff's differences suddenly noticed in the 4th grade?
2. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
3. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
4. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
5. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
6. What does Mrs. Zinkoff call her husband's car, and why?
7. What special gift does Zinkoff make for Andrew?
8. What does Zinkoff think his mother's star stickers are?
9. Why does Zinkoff cry when he leaves Willow Drive?
10. What does Andrew's father think of the neighborhood, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jerry Spinelli have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Competition was a main theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did Zinkoff's differences affect this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Zinkoff presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)