|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Biswell become a teacher?
2. How does Zinkoff's mother watch him as he goes to school on his first day?
3. What is Miss Meeks describing when she says Jabip?
4. What does Zinkoff do after he throws up in Mrs. Biswell's class?
5. What kind of hat does Zinkoff's teacher wear on his first day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
2. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
3. What does Zinkoff wonder as he goes to bed after his first day at school?
4. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
5. What does Zinkoff think his mother's star stickers are?
6. What is Zinkoff's big test?
7. Why does Zinkoff cry when he leaves Willow Drive?
8. What does Andrew's father think of the neighborhood, and why?
9. What does Zinkoff play in orchestra, and why?
10. How does Zinkoff react to his first soccer game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Meeks and Mrs. Biswell are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two teachers.
Essay Topic 2
Zinkoff presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Competition was a main theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did Zinkoff's differences affect this theme?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)