|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zinkoff's first question to Mrs. Biswell?
2. What does Zinkoff get from his mother after his first day at school?
3. Where does Zinkoff have a birthmark?
4. Where has Zinkoff spent most of his life, before he goes to school?
5. What about Zinkoff does Mrs. Biswell say is atrocious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Andrew sulking when his new neighbors come to visit?
2. What do Zinkoff and his father discuss during lunch on their day at Willow Drive, and why?
3. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
4. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
5. How does Zinkoff react to his first soccer game?
6. How is Zinkoff described in the first chapter?
7. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
8. Why are Zinkoff's differences suddenly noticed in the 4th grade?
9. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
10. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book, as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters, write their main motivation throughout the book, and explain how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)