|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the children giggle at Zinkoff on his first day at school?
2. How many days will kids be in school during their educational careers?
3. What does Andrew call Zinkoff's neighborhood?
4. How does Zinkoff feel about the button given to him by Miss Meeks?
5. What is the first thing Zinkoff learns at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
2. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
3. What does Mrs. Zinkoff call her husband's car, and why?
4. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
5. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
6. What do Zinkoff and his father discuss during lunch on their day at Willow Drive, and why?
7. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
8. What does the narrator say the children do not notice about Zinkoff at a young age?
9. What special gift does Zinkoff make for Andrew?
10. What is Zinkoff's big test?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jerry Spinelli have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
What did Zinkoff learn from his day on Willow Street, and how did this change his life?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)