|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zinkoff want to hold his hand as he goes to school?
2. What is Zinkoff's first question to Mrs. Biswell?
3. What do Zinkoff's parents do when he gets out of control at the table?
4. Where does Zinkoff want to go when he is out of school for so long?
5. Why is Zinkoff out of school for so long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zinkoff cry when he leaves Willow Drive?
2. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
3. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
4. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
5. What special gift does Zinkoff make for Andrew?
6. What does Zinkoff practice after his first soccer game?
7. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
8. How does Zinkoff score his first goal in a soccer game?
9. What does Andrew's father think of the neighborhood, and why?
10. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Zinkoff learn from his day on Willow Street, and how did this change his life?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What did Zinkoff feel about friendship, and why was this so central to the plot?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)