|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of developmental problem does Zinkoff's teacher think he might have?
2. What is Zinkoff most afraid of?
3. Where has Zinkoff spent most of his life, before he goes to school?
4. How does Zinkoff's mother watch him as he goes to school on his first day?
5. How are the students referred to by his first teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
2. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
3. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
4. How does Zinkoff react to his first soccer game?
5. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
6. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
7. What happens when Zinkoff gets an A in geography?
8. Who are Zinkoff's favorite teachers, and why?
9. How does Zinkoff let go of his giraffe hat?
10. What does the narrator say happens when boys get together?
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship did Zinkoff have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
Essay Topic 2
What did Zinkoff learn from his day on Willow Street, and how did this change his life?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)