|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
2. What is Zinkoff's sister's name?
3. What does Mrs. Biswell not like?
4. What kind of developmental problem does Zinkoff's teacher think he might have?
5. How does Zinkoff feel when someone says his hat is theirs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andrew's father think of the neighborhood, and why?
2. How is Zinkoff described in the first chapter?
3. What does the narrator say happens when boys get together?
4. How does Zinkoff score his first goal in a soccer game?
5. How does Zinkoff react to his first soccer game?
6. What does Zinkoff play in orchestra, and why?
7. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
8. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
9. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
10. What does Mrs. Zinkoff call her husband's car, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book, as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
Competition was a main theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did Zinkoff's differences affect this theme?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)