|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Zinkoff take his son on Sunday?
2. When does Zinkoff go down to his cellar?
3. Who yells at Mrs. Biswell for being unkind to Zinkoff?
4. What does Zinkoff do when he is ready to go to school?
5. How will someone know that a name and a boy go together in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Zinkoff and his father discuss during lunch on their day at Willow Drive, and why?
2. What does the narrator say happens when boys get together?
3. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
4. What does Zinkoff wonder as he goes to bed after his first day at school?
5. Why are Zinkoff's differences suddenly noticed in the 4th grade?
6. What is Zinkoff's big test?
7. How is Zinkoff described in the first chapter?
8. What is the Waiting Man waiting for?
9. What does Andrew's father think of the neighborhood, and why?
10. What does Zinkoff play in orchestra, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Meeks and Mrs. Biswell are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two teachers.
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)