|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Zinkoff take to her new neighbors?
2. What is the first thing Zinkoff learns at school?
3. What does a third grader do to hurt Zinkoff on his first day in Mrs. Biswell's class?
4. Where does Mr. Zinkoff take his son on Sunday?
5. How many days will kids be in school during their educational careers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Zinkoff's big test?
2. How is Zinkoff described in the first chapter?
3. What do Zinkoff and his father discuss during lunch on their day at Willow Drive, and why?
4. Why does Zinkoff cry when he leaves Willow Drive?
5. Why are Zinkoff's differences suddenly noticed in the 4th grade?
6. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
7. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
8. What does Zinkoff wonder as he goes to bed after his first day at school?
9. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
10. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Meeks and Mrs. Biswell are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two teachers.
Essay Topic 2
How did Zinkoff show his persistent nature, and what effect did this attribute have on other people in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)