|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinkoff wear to school on his first day?
2. Who yells at Mrs. Biswell for being unkind to Zinkoff?
3. What do Zinkoff's parents do when he gets out of control at the table?
4. How are the students referred to by his first teacher?
5. What always makes Zinkoff laugh at the dinner table?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Polly ran away?
2. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
3. What does Zinkoff practice after his first soccer game?
4. Why did Zinkoff's parents think he was out in the snow?
5. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
6. What question would Bonce like to ask Zinkoff at the end of the book?
7. What do Zinkoff and his father discuss during lunch on their day at Willow Drive, and why?
8. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
9. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
10. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Jerry Spinelli have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of special needs children was central to this plot. How did this theme affect the main characters, and why do you think this was such an important theme for the author to present with this book?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)