|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What passes Zinkoff as he is running?
2. Where does Zinkoff have a birthmark?
3. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
4. How are the students referred to by his first teacher?
5. How does Zinkoff feel about the button given to him by Miss Meeks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Zinkoff described in the first chapter?
2. What special gift does Zinkoff make for Andrew?
3. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
4. What does the narrator say happens when boys get together?
5. What do Zinkoff and his father discuss during lunch on their day at Willow Drive, and why?
6. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
7. What does Andrew's father think of the neighborhood, and why?
8. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
9. What is Zinkoff's big test?
10. Why does Zinkoff feel like he can run forever?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Zinkoff learn from his day on Willow Street, and how did this change his life?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship did Zinkoff have with his family members, and how did that affect his actions?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)