|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinkoff throw up on in Mrs. Biswell's class?
2. What day of school does Zinkoff want to miss?
3. Why do students whisper the word Jabip to him after the first incident?
4. Who does Zinkoff feel like when he is at home from school?
5. What did Zinkoff do when Miss Meeks talked about Jabip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
2. What does Zinkoff think his mother's star stickers are?
3. Why is Andrew sulking when his new neighbors come to visit?
4. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
5. What does Zinkoff play in orchestra, and why?
6. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
7. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
8. Why does Zinkoff feel like he can run forever?
9. What does Zinkoff wonder as he goes to bed after his first day at school?
10. What does the narrator say the children do not notice about Zinkoff at a young age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Zinkoff show his persistent nature, and what effect did this attribute have on other people in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Competition was a main theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did Zinkoff's differences affect this theme?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)