|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the adults in the room think Zinkoff was out in the snow?
(a) He was looking for Claudia.
(b) He got lost in the snow.
(c) He was running away.
(d) He was injured.
2. How does Zinkoff make terrible noises during the 5th grade graduation?
(a) He squeaks on the flute.
(b) He knocks over a projector.
(c) He laughs loudly.
(d) He sings off key.
3. What do the students do on in-service day at school?
(a) Tutor others.
(b) Play outside.
(c) Clean the school.
(d) Take tests.
4. Where does Hector keep his candle-making stash?
(a) A tupperware container.
(b) A box.
(c) A soda can.
(d) A pill bottle.
5. Why does Zinkoff think his classmates stop smiling at him?
(a) Another test day is there.
(b) Field Day is coming.
(c) He doesn't get another A.
(d) They are still mad at him for losing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Hector reject from Zinkoff?
2. Who takes all the credit for winning the 5th grade Field Day?
3. Where do the Zinkoffs go on vacation?
4. What is Hector's favorite candy?
5. What does Zinkoff know his father will never see him as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it so frustrating when Zinkoff's pockets get wet?
2. What does Zinkoff do at Halftop Hill?
3. What happened when Polly ran away?
4. How does Zinkoff let go of his giraffe hat?
5. Who is Hector Binns' best friend?
6. What question would Bonce like to ask Zinkoff at the end of the book?
7. Why does Zinkoff talk so much to the old lady?
8. What does Zinkoff say is worse than feeling like a loser, and why?
9. Why does Zinkoff like getting to his classes at the middle school early?
10. What are the police cars on Willow Street there for?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)