|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zinkoff describe every day at school?
2. Why did Mrs. Biswell become a teacher?
(a) She is good at it.
(b) There were few jobs for women.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) Her husband wanted her to.
3. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
(a) His boots clomp.
(b) The door squeaks.
(c) He stops laughing.
(d) Polly talks to him.
4. In what grade are Zinkoff's differences discovered?
5. What does the narrator say boys will always do, when together?
(a) Gang up.
(d) Get along.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the students referred to by his first teacher?
2. What is Zinkoff most afraid of?
3. How is Zinkoff's stomach fixed?
4. What does Andrew call Zinkoff's neighborhood?
5. What is Zinkoff's first teacher's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say the children do not notice about Zinkoff at a young age?
2. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
3. Why does Janski admire Zinkoff at the end of the book?
4. What are the police cars on Willow Street there for?
5. Why is Zinkoff so comforted by the police lights while he is looking for Claudia?
6. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
7. What do the 5th graders see as evidence of Zinkoff being a loser?
8. What does Zinkoff wonder as he goes to bed after his first day at school?
9. Why is Zinkoff mad when a man finds him in the snow?
10. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)