|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
(a) He stops laughing.
(b) His boots clomp.
(c) The door squeaks.
(d) Polly talks to him.
2. What does Miss Meeks wish Zinkoff had more of?
3. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
(b) Snowman making.
(c) Snow shoeing.
4. What did Zinkoff do when Miss Meeks talked about Jabip?
(a) He got confused.
(b) He jumped around repeating the word.
(c) He laughed so hard he fell off his chair.
(d) He wrote the word down over and over.
5. When does Zinkoff go down to his cellar?
(a) In the morning before everyone wakes up.
(b) At bed time.
(c) When his father gets home.
(d) During Polly's nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Zinkoff's parents do when he gets out of control at the table?
2. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
3. What is Miss Meeks describing when she says Jabip?
4. Who does Zinkoff feel like when he is at home from school?
5. Why do Zinkoff and Andrew stop being friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Waiting Man waiting for?
2. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
3. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
4. Why does Zinkoff cry when he leaves Willow Drive?
5. What does Zinkoff think his mother's star stickers are?
6. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
7. What is Zinkoff's big test?
8. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
9. What does Zinkoff practice after his first soccer game?
10. What does Mrs. Zinkoff call her husband's car, and why?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)