|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Zinkoff's parents do when he gets out of control at the table?
(a) Walk away.
(b) Sing a quiet song.
(c) Send him to his room.
(d) Take away star stickers.
2. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
(a) All of these.
(b) Parked cars.
(d) Trash cans.
3. Who does Zinkoff feel like when he is at home from school?
(a) The Sick Woman.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) An evil scientist.
(d) The Waiting Man.
4. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
(a) Snowman making.
(b) Snow shoeing.
5. How does Zinkoff feel as he is passed while running?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Meeks describing when she says Jabip?
2. What does Zinkoff do when he is ready to go to school?
3. What about Zinkoff does Mrs. Biswell say is atrocious?
4. What does Mrs. Zinkoff take to her new neighbors?
5. How are the students referred to by his first teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special gift does Zinkoff make for Andrew?
2. What does Mrs. Zinkoff call her husband's car, and why?
3. Why does Zinkoff feel like he can run forever?
4. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
5. How is Zinkoff described in the first chapter?
6. How does Zinkoff react to his first soccer game?
7. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
8. What does the narrator say happens when boys get together?
9. When does the narrator say Zinkoff is most profoundly discovered?
10. Why is Andrew sulking when his new neighbors come to visit?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)