|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who yells at Mrs. Biswell for being unkind to Zinkoff?
(a) The Principal.
(b) Mr. Zinkoff.
(d) Mrs. Zinkoff.
2. What does Zinkoff get from his mother after his first day at school?
(a) A brownie.
(b) A star sticker.
(c) A kiss and a hug.
(d) A new hat.
3. What does Zinkoff wear to school on his first day?
(a) A cumberbund.
(b) A giraffe hat.
(c) A bow tie.
(d) A bandana.
4. What does Mrs. Biswell not like?
5. What does Zinkoff's father ask him every day at dinner?
(a) What's new?
(b) How was school?
(c) How do you do?
(d) Are we happy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
2. How does Zinkoff describe the world when he is ready to go to school?
3. Where does Mrs. Zinkoff put Polly's crib when Zinkoff is home?
4. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
5. What is Zinkoff's first question to Mrs. Biswell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
2. What does Zinkoff think his mother's star stickers are?
3. What does the narrator say happens when boys get together?
4. What does Andrew's father think of the neighborhood, and why?
5. What special gift does Zinkoff make for Andrew?
6. Why does Zinkoff feel like he can run forever?
7. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
8. What do Zinkoff and his father discuss during lunch on their day at Willow Drive, and why?
9. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
10. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)