|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away is the school from Zinkoff's house?
(a) 5 blocks.
(b) 3 blocks.
(c) 4 blocks.
(d) 2 blocks.
2. What does Mr. Yalowitz see in Zinkoff?
(a) His potential.
(b) His needs.
(c) His disadvantages.
(d) His love.
3. What passes Zinkoff as he is running?
(a) A bird.
(b) Older boys.
(c) Some dogs.
(d) A car.
4. What does Mrs. Zinkoff take to her new neighbors?
(a) A platter of cheese.
(b) Some cookies.
(c) Some bread.
(d) A cake.
5. What is not noticed in the first chapter?
(b) Time passing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Meeks like about Zinkoff?
2. Where does Zinkoff want to go when he is out of school for so long?
3. Why is Zinkoff out of school for so long?
4. Who brought Zinkoff home from school on the weekend?
5. What does Zinkoff pretend the sidewalk is while he walks alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
2. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
3. What does Mrs. Zinkoff call her husband's car, and why?
4. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
5. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
6. What does Zinkoff wonder as he goes to bed after his first day at school?
7. Why is Andrew sulking when his new neighbors come to visit?
8. What special gift does Zinkoff make for Andrew?
9. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
10. What does Zinkoff play in orchestra, and why?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)