|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not noticed in the first chapter?
(b) Time passing.
2. What does Zinkoff create while he is home from school?
(a) A play.
(b) A test.
(c) A cast.
(d) A puppet.
3. How does Mrs. Biswell create her seating chart?
(a) She puts the problem children in the front.
(b) She lets the students choose.
(d) By height.
4. Where do boys run when they are told not to run in the streets?
(a) The alleys.
(b) The playgrounds.
(c) The sidewalk.
(d) The fields.
5. How many steps lead to Zinkoff's cellar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Zinkoff's first school?
2. How does Zinkoff's mother watch him as he goes to school on his first day?
3. What does Zinkoff's father ask him every day at dinner?
4. What always makes Zinkoff laugh at the dinner table?
5. What day of school does Zinkoff want to miss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
2. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
3. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
4. When does the narrator say Zinkoff is most profoundly discovered?
5. What does Andrew's father think of the neighborhood, and why?
6. What does Mrs. Zinkoff call her husband's car, and why?
7. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
8. What does Zinkoff think his mother's star stickers are?
9. How does Zinkoff score his first goal in a soccer game?
10. What does the narrator say happens when boys get together?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)