|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Zinkoff take his son on Sunday?
(a) Oak Street.
(b) Maple Drive.
(c) Willow Street.
(d) Aspen Circle.
2. What does Mrs. Zinkoff do to make money?
(a) Sews dresses.
(b) Mails invoices.
(c) Makes telemarketing calls.
(d) Irons laundry.
3. How does Zinkoff describe the world when he is ready to go to school?
4. How long is Zinkoff out of school?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
(b) Parked cars.
(c) Trash cans.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Meeks describing when she says Jabip?
2. What is Andrew's father's occupation?
3. What is Zinkoff's first question to Mrs. Biswell?
4. What is Mr. Zinkoff's occupation?
5. What does Andrew call Zinkoff's neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
2. What does Mrs. Zinkoff call her husband's car, and why?
3. How does Zinkoff react to his first soccer game?
4. What is Zinkoff's big test?
5. What does Andrew's father think of the neighborhood, and why?
6. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
7. What does Zinkoff wonder as he goes to bed after his first day at school?
8. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
9. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
10. When does the narrator say Zinkoff is most profoundly discovered?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)