|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zinkoff have a birthmark?
(a) His leg.
(b) His neck.
(c) His cheek.
(d) His arm.
2. What does Zinkoff's father ask him every day at dinner?
(a) How do you do?
(b) Are we happy?
(c) How was school?
(d) What's new?
3. How does Zinkoff feel as he runs by himself?
4. What is Andrew's last name?
5. What does Andrew call Zinkoff's neighborhood?
(a) The subrubs.
(b) A dump.
(c) A pit stop.
(d) The ghetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Zinkoff's occupation?
2. Why do Zinkoff and Andrew stop being friends?
3. What makes the children giggle at Zinkoff on his first day at school?
4. What grade does Mrs. Biswell teach?
5. What does the narrator say boys will always do, when together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Zinkoff's differences suddenly noticed in the 4th grade?
2. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
3. What does the narrator say happens when boys get together?
4. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
5. Why does Zinkoff cry when he leaves Willow Drive?
6. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
7. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
8. When does the narrator say Zinkoff is most profoundly discovered?
9. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
10. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)