|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
(b) All of these.
(c) Parked cars.
(d) Trash cans.
2. What does Mrs. Zinkoff do to make money?
(a) Irons laundry.
(b) Sews dresses.
(c) Makes telemarketing calls.
(d) Mails invoices.
3. What is Mr. Zinkoff's occupation?
4. What is Zinkoff's first teacher's name?
(a) Miss Meeks.
(b) Ms. Munk.
(c) Mrs. Mirk.
(d) Ms. Mikes.
5. What does Zinkoff's father ask him every day at dinner?
(a) What's new?
(b) How do you do?
(c) Are we happy?
(d) How was school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zinkoff want to go when he is out of school for so long?
2. Where has Zinkoff spent most of his life, before he goes to school?
3. Where do boys run when they are told not to run in the streets?
4. What does Zinkoff's sister get that makes him jealous?
5. How does Zinkoff feel when someone says his hat is theirs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Meeks say in her opening speech to her class?
2. What does Zinkoff wonder as he goes to bed after his first day at school?
3. How does Zinkoff score his first goal in a soccer game?
4. Why are Zinkoff's differences suddenly noticed in the 4th grade?
5. How is Mr. Yalowitz different from all the other teachers Zinkoff has had?
6. What does the narrator say happens when boys get together?
7. How is the narration of the first chapter different from the rest of the book?
8. How does Zinkoff describe his first day of school to his mother?
9. What does Zinkoff think his mother's star stickers are?
10. Why does Zinkoff throw up often?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)