|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zinkoff get in trouble on his first day of school?
(a) He forgets his shirt.
(b) He gets to school too early.
(c) He gets to school too late.
(d) He leaves before his mother is ready.
2. How many steps lead to Zinkoff's cellar?
3. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
(b) All of these.
(c) Trash cans.
(d) Parked cars.
4. What does Zinkoff's sister get that makes him jealous?
(a) Baby food.
(b) A crib.
(c) 2 stars.
5. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
(a) Snow shoeing.
(c) Snowman making.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zinkoff create while he is home from school?
2. How does Zinkoff's mother watch him as he goes to school on his first day?
3. What makes the children giggle at Zinkoff on his first day at school?
4. What is not noticed in the first chapter?
5. Why do Zinkoff and Andrew stop being friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zinkoff practice after his first soccer game?
2. When does the narrator say Zinkoff is most profoundly discovered?
3. What special gift does Zinkoff make for Andrew?
4. What is unusual about Zinkoff's first time leaving his home alone?
5. What makes Zinkoff feel like the Waiting Man?
6. What do Zinkoff and his father do on Willow Street?
7. What happens when a bully tries to take Zinkoff's hat on the playground?
8. What is the Waiting Man waiting for?
9. Why does Mr. Zinkoff take his son to Willow Street on a Sunday?
10. How does Zinkoff react to his first soccer game?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)