|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zinkoff ask to sleep after Claudia is found?
(a) His parents' room.
(b) The guest room.
(c) Polly's room.
(d) The couch.
2. What does Polly shout when Zinkoff gets his diploma?
(a) Are you OK?
(b) Go Donald.
(c) That's my brother.
(d) Yay for Zinkoff.
3. Who takes all the credit for winning the 5th grade Field Day?
(a) Kim Smith.
(c) Hector Binns.
(d) Gary Hobin.
4. What assures Zinkoff that others are still looking for Claudia?
(a) The police lights are still on.
(b) The search lights are on.
(c) He can hear others calling for her.
(d) Her mother is still crying.
5. Why do the teachers keep doing Field Day?
(a) It is a tradition.
(b) It is an easy day.
(c) The kids like it.
(d) They take bets on it.
6. Who is the first person Zinkoff sees when he wakes up after his search for Claudia?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A policeman.
(c) His father.
(d) A doctor.
7. What are the winners of the 5th grade Field Day given?
8. What do the students do on in-service day at school?
(a) Take tests.
(b) Play outside.
(c) Tutor others.
(d) Clean the school.
9. What is Zinkoff's uncle's name?
10. Where is Claudia found?
(a) A cellar.
(b) An alley.
(c) A garage.
(d) Her room.
11. Who passes Zinkoff a ball at the end of the book?
12. What does Zinkoff have to do before he can sleep after Claudia is found?
(a) Look at the stars.
(b) Hug his parents.
(c) Read a book.
(d) See her house.
13. What does Zinkoff call his bubblegum rock?
(a) His memory.
(b) His lucky piece.
(c) His imagination.
(d) His collection.
14. What is Hector's favorite candy?
(a) Chewing gum.
(b) Black licorice.
(c) Peppermint sticks.
(d) Lemon drops.
15. Who gives Zinkoff the biggest hug when he wakes up after searching for Claudia?
(a) His mother.
(d) Claudia's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zinkoff think his classmates stop smiling at him?
2. What does Zinkoff know his father will never see him as?
3. What does Zinkoff imagine is calling him names when he is in the oldest grade at the school?
4. What does Zinkoff think the Waiting Man should have done?
5. Who followed Polly when she ran away once?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)