|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinkoff think the Waiting Man should have done?
(a) Become a soldier.
(b) Found a new brother.
(c) Gotten married.
(d) Gone to Viet Nam.
2. Who tells Zinkoff that he can't be on their team for Field Day?
(a) Gary Hobin.
(b) All of these.
(c) Hector Binns.
(d) Kim Smith.
3. Who passes Zinkoff a ball at the end of the book?
4. What does Zinkoff know his father will never see him as?
(a) Something to be proud of.
(b) A loser.
(c) A winner.
(d) A dummy.
5. What is the Middle School called?
6. How does Zinkoff make terrible noises during the 5th grade graduation?
(a) He laughs loudly.
(b) He squeaks on the flute.
(c) He sings off key.
(d) He knocks over a projector.
7. What does Zinkoff spell while looking for Claudia?
8. How does Zinkoff feel about being in the oldest grade at the school?
9. Where does Zinkoff go to keep warm while looking for Claudia?
(a) An empty apartment.
(b) A pile of garbage.
(c) A shed.
(d) A garage.
10. What are the winners of the 5th grade Field Day given?
11. What assures Zinkoff that others are still looking for Claudia?
(a) He can hear others calling for her.
(b) The search lights are on.
(c) The police lights are still on.
(d) Her mother is still crying.
12. What do the students do on in-service day at school?
(a) Clean the school.
(b) Play outside.
(c) Take tests.
(d) Tutor others.
13. What does Polly shout when Zinkoff gets his diploma?
(a) Yay for Zinkoff.
(b) Go Donald.
(c) That's my brother.
(d) Are you OK?
14. Why do Zinkoff's teammates call him something after Field Day?
(a) They are noticing his developmental challenges.
(b) They see he is slower than them.
(c) He loses the race for them.
(d) He cheered them on.
15. Who takes all the credit for winning the 5th grade Field Day?
(b) Hector Binns.
(c) Kim Smith.
(d) Gary Hobin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the police lights kept on after Claudia was found?
2. Where do the Zinkoffs go on vacation?
3. Who gave Zinkoff the bubblegum rock?
4. Who followed Polly when she ran away once?
5. What is the first thing Zinkoff feels when he wakes up after his search for Claudia?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)