|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Zinkoff the bubblegum rock?
(c) The old woman.
2. How does Zinkoff feel about being in the oldest grade at the school?
3. Who passes Zinkoff a ball at the end of the book?
4. What wakes Zinkoff up when he starts to doze while searching for Claudia?
(b) The freezing rain.
(c) The echo of his footsteps.
(d) Trash cans crashing.
5. Where does Zinkoff go to keep warm while looking for Claudia?
(a) An empty apartment.
(b) A shed.
(c) A pile of garbage.
(d) A garage.
6. Who brought Polly home when she ran away once?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
7. Who tells Zinkoff that he can't be on their team for Field Day?
(a) Hector Binns.
(b) All of these.
(c) Gary Hobin.
(d) Kim Smith.
8. What is Zinkoff's uncle's name?
9. Who followed Polly when she ran away once?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
10. What is Hector's favorite candy?
(a) Peppermint sticks.
(b) Chewing gum.
(c) Lemon drops.
(d) Black licorice.
11. Where does Zinkoff ask to sleep after Claudia is found?
(a) The couch.
(b) Polly's room.
(c) His parents' room.
(d) The guest room.
12. What is the highest grade at the elementary school?
13. What does Zinkoff think the Waiting Man should have done?
(a) Found a new brother.
(b) Gotten married.
(c) Become a soldier.
(d) Gone to Viet Nam.
14. Where does Zinkoff sit during the 5th grade graduation?
(a) With the choir.
(b) With the orchestra.
(c) Back stage.
(d) With his parents.
15. What does Zinkoff whisper while looking for Claudia?
(a) Where are you?
(c) Please be OK.
(d) I can do this.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Andrew treat Zinkoff at the middle school?
2. How do Zinkoff's parents feel when they hear why their son was out in the snow?
3. What does Zinkoff imagine is calling him names when he is in the oldest grade at the school?
4. What do the older children call Field Day?
5. Where does Zinkoff want to take Hector?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)