|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
(b) Snow shoeing.
(c) Snowman making.
2. What is Zinkoff most afraid of?
(a) The furnace.
(b) Making people sad.
(d) The dark.
3. What does Zinkoff do after he throws up in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Passes out.
(b) Runs home.
(c) Cleans up his mess.
(d) Goes to the nurse's office.
4. How does Zinkoff feel as he runs by himself?
5. What does Mrs. Zinkoff take to her new neighbors?
(a) Some cookies.
(b) A cake.
(c) A platter of cheese.
(d) Some bread.
6. How does Zinkoff feel when someone says his hat is theirs?
7. What kind of developmental problem does Zinkoff's teacher think he might have?
(a) Physical stunting.
(b) Motor control.
(c) Mental delay.
(d) Emotional instability.
8. What does Zinkoff's sister get that makes him jealous?
(a) 2 stars.
(b) Baby food.
(c) A crib.
9. How does Andrew's father plan to get them moved to a new house?
(a) By investing well.
(b) By getting a raise.
(c) By selling the house.
(d) By getting a divorce.
10. What grade does Mrs. Biswell teach?
11. What does Andrew call Zinkoff's neighborhood?
(a) The ghetto.
(b) A pit stop.
(c) The subrubs.
(d) A dump.
12. How does Zinkoff feel as he is passed while running?
13. How does Zinkoff discover he can run forever?
(a) If he believes in himself.
(b) If he keeps turning right.
(c) If he goes fast enough.
(d) If he brings his mother.
14. Why do Zinkoff and Andrew stop being friends?
(a) Zinkoff gets sick.
(b) Andrew moves away.
(c) Mr. Orwell won't let Andrew play with Zinkoff.
(d) Zinkoff's parents won't let Andrew play.
15. What does Zinkoff get from his mother after his first day at school?
(a) A star sticker.
(b) A kiss and a hug.
(c) A new hat.
(d) A brownie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hat does Zinkoff's teacher wear on his first day of school?
2. What does Mr. Yalowitz see in Zinkoff?
3. Why do students whisper the word Jabip to him after the first incident?
4. How many days will kids be in school during their educational careers?
5. How does the narrator say someone might get annoyed by a happy child in winter?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)