|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinkoff throw up on in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) The floor.
(b) Her eraser.
(c) Her desk.
(d) His desk.
2. What does Zinkoff do after he throws up in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Passes out.
(b) Runs home.
(c) Cleans up his mess.
(d) Goes to the nurse's office.
3. What does Mrs. Biswell not like?
4. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
(b) Trash cans.
(c) Parked cars.
(d) All of these.
5. Where has Zinkoff spent most of his life, before he goes to school?
(a) The hospital.
(c) His bed.
(d) The outdoors.
6. How does Zinkoff feel about the button given to him by Miss Meeks?
(a) It is pretty.
(b) It was mean.
(c) It is a badge of honor.
(d) It is a disgrace.
7. How many steps lead to Zinkoff's cellar?
8. What kind of students does Mrs. Biswell appreciate?
(a) Grateful students.
(b) Quiet students.
(c) Brilliant students.
(d) Struggling students.
9. Who yells at Mrs. Biswell for being unkind to Zinkoff?
(a) Mrs. Zinkoff.
(b) Mr. Zinkoff.
(c) The Principal.
10. What does Zinkoff do when he is ready to go to school?
11. Why is Zinkoff out of school for so long?
(a) His baby sister gets sick.
(b) He is on probation.
(c) His mother is sick.
(d) He has to heal from his surgery.
12. How does Zinkoff describe the world when he is ready to go to school?
13. What does Zinkoff's father ask him every day at dinner?
(a) How was school?
(b) How do you do?
(c) Are we happy?
(d) What's new?
14. Why do Zinkoff and Andrew stop being friends?
(a) Mr. Orwell won't let Andrew play with Zinkoff.
(b) Zinkoff's parents won't let Andrew play.
(c) Andrew moves away.
(d) Zinkoff gets sick.
15. How many days will kids be in school during their educational careers?
(a) 3,022 days.
(b) 1,500 days.
(c) More than 2,000 days.
(d) 1,000 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do boys run when they are told not to run in the streets?
2. How does Mrs. Biswell create her seating chart?
3. Where does Mrs. Zinkoff put Polly's crib when Zinkoff is home?
4. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
5. How are the students referred to by his first teacher?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)