|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinkoff do after he throws up in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Goes to the nurse's office.
(b) Runs home.
(c) Cleans up his mess.
(d) Passes out.
2. What is not noticed in the first chapter?
(d) Time passing.
3. What does the button say that Miss Meeks puts on Zinkoff?
(a) I will live up to my potentional.
(b) I will be better.
(c) I know I can behave.
(d) I will respect myself and others.
4. What day of school does Zinkoff want to miss?
(a) Take Your Child to Work Day.
(b) The Testing Day.
(c) Mother's Appreciation Day.
(d) A Snow Day.
5. What does Mrs. Zinkoff take to her new neighbors?
(a) A platter of cheese.
(b) Some cookies.
(c) A cake.
(d) Some bread.
6. What is the first thing Zinkoff learns at school?
(a) To write his name.
(b) To draw his shapes.
(c) To spell cat.
(d) To sing the alphabet.
7. What makes Zinkoff's teacher think he might have a developmental problem?
(a) His looks.
(b) His enthusiasm.
(c) His poor penmanship.
(d) His easily confused state.
8. What does Zinkoff love to hear more than anything?
(d) Funny words.
9. What is Zinkoff most afraid of?
(b) Making people sad.
(c) The furnace.
(d) The dark.
10. How does the narrator say someone might get annoyed by a happy child in winter?
(a) To see they are having more fun than you.
(b) To not be a part of the fun.
(c) All of these.
(d) To have to share your activity.
11. What did Zinkoff do when Miss Meeks talked about Jabip?
(a) He wrote the word down over and over.
(b) He jumped around repeating the word.
(c) He got confused.
(d) He laughed so hard he fell off his chair.
12. What is Mr. Zinkoff's occupation?
13. Who brought Zinkoff home from school on the weekend?
(a) Miss Meeks.
(b) His parents.
(c) His friends.
(d) The Principal.
14. What does Mrs. Zinkoff do to make money?
(a) Irons laundry.
(b) Mails invoices.
(c) Sews dresses.
(d) Makes telemarketing calls.
15. What kind of students does Mrs. Biswell appreciate?
(a) Quiet students.
(b) Struggling students.
(c) Brilliant students.
(d) Grateful students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zinkoff go to school on a weekend?
2. How does Zinkoff feel about the button given to him by Miss Meeks?
3. What does Zinkoff get from his mother after his first day at school?
4. What does Zinkoff wear to school on his first day?
5. How does Zinkoff describe the world when he is ready to go to school?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)