|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Biswell become a teacher?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) There were few jobs for women.
(c) She is good at it.
(d) Her husband wanted her to.
2. What is Andrew's father's occupation?
3. What does Zinkoff do after he throws up in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Goes to the nurse's office.
(b) Passes out.
(c) Runs home.
(d) Cleans up his mess.
4. What has changed about Zinkoff to make his differences be discovered?
(a) His laughter is more chronic.
(c) He is taller.
(d) He had a surgery.
5. What is Zinkoff most afraid of?
(b) The dark.
(c) The furnace.
(d) Making people sad.
6. Where do boys run when they are told not to run in the streets?
(a) The sidewalk.
(b) The fields.
(c) The alleys.
(d) The playgrounds.
7. How are the students referred to by his first teacher?
8. Who does Zinkoff feel like when he is at home from school?
(a) An evil scientist.
(b) The Waiting Man.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) The Sick Woman.
9. How does Mrs. Biswell create her seating chart?
(a) She puts the problem children in the front.
(c) By height.
(d) She lets the students choose.
10. What does Zinkoff never do when he is young?
11. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
(a) The door squeaks.
(b) He stops laughing.
(c) Polly talks to him.
(d) His boots clomp.
12. What does Zinkoff create while he is home from school?
(a) A puppet.
(b) A play.
(c) A cast.
(d) A test.
13. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
(c) Snow shoeing.
(d) Snowman making.
14. What does Miss Meeks wish Zinkoff had more of?
15. What does Miss Meeks like about Zinkoff?
(a) He is easily amused.
(b) He loves school.
(c) He is kind to others.
(d) He tries hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zinkoff out of school for so long?
2. How many steps lead to Zinkoff's cellar?
3. What is Miss Meeks describing when she says Jabip?
4. What kind of hat does Zinkoff's teacher wear on his first day of school?
5. What does Mr. Yalowitz see in Zinkoff?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)