|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zinkoff feel about the button given to him by Miss Meeks?
(a) It is a badge of honor.
(b) It is a disgrace.
(c) It was mean.
(d) It is pretty.
2. How does Zinkoff feel as he runs by himself?
3. What is Zinkoff's first question to Mrs. Biswell?
(a) What is your real name?
(b) How many days are left in school?
(c) Are you married?
(d) Are we still citizens?
4. What always makes Zinkoff laugh at the dinner table?
(a) Saying prayers.
(b) His father's rhyming questions.
(c) His father's description of his day.
(d) His mother's food.
5. What does Zinkoff wear to school on his first day?
(a) A cumberbund.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A bow tie.
(d) A giraffe hat.
6. What does Zinkoff do when someone on the playground takes his hat?
(a) Walks away.
(c) Runs after it.
7. What is not noticed in the first chapter?
(b) Time passing.
8. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
(a) Trash cans.
(c) All of these.
(d) Parked cars.
9. What does a third grader do to hurt Zinkoff on his first day in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Calls him a name.
(c) Twists his arm.
(d) Takes his stars away.
10. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
(c) Snowman making.
(d) Snow shoeing.
11. What does Zinkoff love to hear more than anything?
(d) Funny words.
12. What is Zinkoff's first teacher's name?
(a) Ms. Mikes.
(b) Mrs. Mirk.
(c) Ms. Munk.
(d) Miss Meeks.
13. Why does Zinkoff get in trouble on his first day of school?
(a) He gets to school too late.
(b) He forgets his shirt.
(c) He leaves before his mother is ready.
(d) He gets to school too early.
14. What makes the children giggle at Zinkoff on his first day at school?
(a) His name.
(b) All of these.
(c) His enthusiasm.
(d) His hat.
15. How does Mrs. Biswell create her seating chart?
(a) By height.
(b) She puts the problem children in the front.
(c) She lets the students choose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many steps lead to Zinkoff's cellar?
2. What does Zinkoff throw up on in Mrs. Biswell's class?
3. What makes Zinkoff's teacher think he might have a developmental problem?
4. What has changed about Zinkoff to make his differences be discovered?
5. How does Zinkoff feel when someone says his hat is theirs?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)