|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zinkoff's first teacher's name?
(a) Ms. Mikes.
(b) Miss Meeks.
(c) Ms. Munk.
(d) Mrs. Mirk.
2. What does Mrs. Biswell not like?
3. How is Zinkoff's stomach fixed?
(a) He has a new medication.
(b) He is put on a special diet.
(c) All of these.
(d) He has surgery.
4. What does Zinkoff do after he throws up in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Cleans up his mess.
(b) Goes to the nurse's office.
(c) Runs home.
(d) Passes out.
5. How many steps lead to Zinkoff's cellar?
6. What does a third grader do to hurt Zinkoff on his first day in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Twists his arm.
(b) Calls him a name.
(c) Takes his stars away.
(d) Kicks him.
7. What always makes Zinkoff laugh at the dinner table?
(a) His mother's food.
(b) His father's description of his day.
(c) Saying prayers.
(d) His father's rhyming questions.
8. What is not noticed in the first chapter?
(a) Time passing.
9. What does Zinkoff's father ask him every day at dinner?
(a) How do you do?
(b) Are we happy?
(c) How was school?
(d) What's new?
10. Why did Mrs. Biswell become a teacher?
(a) Her husband wanted her to.
(b) She is good at it.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) There were few jobs for women.
11. Who does Zinkoff feel like when he is at home from school?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) An evil scientist.
(c) The Sick Woman.
(d) The Waiting Man.
12. What does Mrs. Zinkoff do to make money?
(a) Irons laundry.
(b) Sews dresses.
(c) Makes telemarketing calls.
(d) Mails invoices.
13. When does Zinkoff go down to his cellar?
(a) When his father gets home.
(b) In the morning before everyone wakes up.
(c) During Polly's nap.
(d) At bed time.
14. Why do Zinkoff and Andrew stop being friends?
(a) Zinkoff gets sick.
(b) Andrew moves away.
(c) Zinkoff's parents won't let Andrew play.
(d) Mr. Orwell won't let Andrew play with Zinkoff.
15. What does Zinkoff's sister get that makes him jealous?
(a) 2 stars.
(b) A crib.
(d) Baby food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Zinkoff's first teacher been teaching?
2. What is Zinkoff's sister's name?
3. How does Zinkoff describe every day at school?
4. What kind of developmental problem does Zinkoff's teacher think he might have?
5. Where do boys run when they are told not to run in the streets?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)