|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinkoff do when he is ready to go to school?
2. How many steps lead to Zinkoff's cellar?
3. When does Zinkoff go down to his cellar?
(a) At bed time.
(b) When his father gets home.
(c) During Polly's nap.
(d) In the morning before everyone wakes up.
4. How does Zinkoff describe the world when he is ready to go to school?
5. What does Zinkoff never do when he is young?
6. Why do Zinkoff and Andrew stop being friends?
(a) Zinkoff's parents won't let Andrew play.
(b) Zinkoff gets sick.
(c) Andrew moves away.
(d) Mr. Orwell won't let Andrew play with Zinkoff.
7. What does Mrs. Zinkoff take to her new neighbors?
(a) A cake.
(b) Some cookies.
(c) A platter of cheese.
(d) Some bread.
8. How does Zinkoff feel as he runs by himself?
9. Who does Zinkoff feel like when he is at home from school?
(a) The Waiting Man.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) An evil scientist.
(d) The Sick Woman.
10. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
(c) Snowman making.
(d) Snow shoeing.
11. Why does Zinkoff go to school on a weekend?
(a) He is in the mentoring program.
(b) He didn't know school was out on weekends.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He has make-up work to do.
12. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
(a) Trash cans.
(c) Parked cars.
(d) All of these.
13. Where does Mr. Zinkoff take his son on Sunday?
(a) Oak Street.
(b) Willow Street.
(c) Aspen Circle.
(d) Maple Drive.
14. What is the name of Zinkoff's first school?
(a) John W. Satterfield Elementary.
(b) John Quincy Adams School for Children.
(c) John Wilkins Elementary.
(d) John Adams Academy.
15. What day of school does Zinkoff want to miss?
(a) Mother's Appreciation Day.
(b) Take Your Child to Work Day.
(c) The Testing Day.
(d) A Snow Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Zinkoff spent most of his life, before he goes to school?
2. Why is Zinkoff out of school for so long?
3. What is Andrew's father's occupation?
4. Why do students whisper the word Jabip to him after the first incident?
5. What grade does Mrs. Biswell teach?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)