|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
(b) Snowman making.
(d) Snow shoeing.
2. What is Miss Meeks describing when she says Jabip?
(a) Her vacation.
(b) A billion basketballs.
(c) Other countries.
3. Where do boys run when they are told not to run in the streets?
(a) The fields.
(b) The alleys.
(c) The playgrounds.
(d) The sidewalk.
4. How long has Zinkoff's first teacher been teaching?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
(a) He stops laughing.
(b) Polly talks to him.
(c) His boots clomp.
(d) The door squeaks.
6. What does Mrs. Biswell not like?
7. Why do Zinkoff and Andrew stop being friends?
(a) Andrew moves away.
(b) Zinkoff's parents won't let Andrew play.
(c) Zinkoff gets sick.
(d) Mr. Orwell won't let Andrew play with Zinkoff.
8. What kind of hat does Zinkoff's teacher wear on his first day of school?
(a) A crown.
(b) A witche's hat.
(c) A conductor's hat.
(d) A police hat.
9. What does Zinkoff love to hear more than anything?
(a) Funny words.
10. How does Zinkoff feel as he runs by himself?
11. When does Zinkoff go down to his cellar?
(a) During Polly's nap.
(b) In the morning before everyone wakes up.
(c) At bed time.
(d) When his father gets home.
12. Where has Zinkoff spent most of his life, before he goes to school?
(a) His bed.
(b) The hospital.
(d) The outdoors.
13. What does Mrs. Zinkoff take to her new neighbors?
(a) Some bread.
(b) A cake.
(c) Some cookies.
(d) A platter of cheese.
14. What does Zinkoff never notice about himself when he is with other boys?
(a) He is not liked.
(b) He never wins.
(c) He is different.
(d) He is made fun of.
15. What kind of developmental problem does Zinkoff's teacher think he might have?
(a) Physical stunting.
(b) Motor control.
(c) Mental delay.
(d) Emotional instability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zinkoff get in trouble on his first day of school?
2. What is Zinkoff's sister's name?
3. Where does Mrs. Zinkoff put Polly's crib when Zinkoff is home?
4. Who does Zinkoff feel like when he is at home from school?
5. Why did Mrs. Biswell become a teacher?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)