|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Zinkoff put Polly's crib when Zinkoff is home?
(a) In Zinkoff's room.
(b) By the hallway.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) By the front door.
2. What about Zinkoff does Mrs. Biswell say is atrocious?
(a) His appearance.
(b) His handwriting.
(c) His language.
(d) His laughter.
3. How does the narrator say someone might get annoyed by a happy child in winter?
(a) To see they are having more fun than you.
(b) All of these.
(c) To not be a part of the fun.
(d) To have to share your activity.
4. How is Zinkoff's stomach fixed?
(a) He is put on a special diet.
(b) He has surgery.
(c) He has a new medication.
(d) All of these.
5. How does Andrew's father plan to get them moved to a new house?
(a) By selling the house.
(b) By getting a divorce.
(c) By getting a raise.
(d) By investing well.
6. What makes Zinkoff's teacher think he might have a developmental problem?
(a) His enthusiasm.
(b) His poor penmanship.
(c) His easily confused state.
(d) His looks.
7. What does a third grader do to hurt Zinkoff on his first day in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Calls him a name.
(c) Takes his stars away.
(d) Twists his arm.
8. What is Zinkoff's sister's name?
9. How does Zinkoff's mother watch him as he goes to school on his first day?
(a) She follows in her car.
(b) She watches out the window.
(c) She follows behind him silently.
(d) She can see his tall hat.
10. What did Zinkoff do when Miss Meeks talked about Jabip?
(a) He laughed so hard he fell off his chair.
(b) He wrote the word down over and over.
(c) He jumped around repeating the word.
(d) He got confused.
11. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
(a) The door squeaks.
(b) Polly talks to him.
(c) He stops laughing.
(d) His boots clomp.
12. What is Zinkoff's first name?
13. What does Zinkoff do after he throws up in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Passes out.
(b) Cleans up his mess.
(c) Goes to the nurse's office.
(d) Runs home.
14. Where does Zinkoff want to go when he is out of school for so long?
(b) To the doctor.
(c) To school.
(d) To the store.
15. How long has Zinkoff's first teacher been teaching?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Meeks describing when she says Jabip?
2. What day of school does Zinkoff want to miss?
3. What has changed about Zinkoff to make his differences be discovered?
4. How will someone know that a name and a boy go together in Chapter 1?
5. How does Zinkoff describe the world when he is ready to go to school?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)