|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Zinkoff take to her new neighbors?
(a) Some bread.
(b) Some cookies.
(c) A cake.
(d) A platter of cheese.
2. What does Zinkoff never notice about himself when he is with other boys?
(a) He is made fun of.
(b) He is different.
(c) He is not liked.
(d) He never wins.
3. What does Mrs. Biswell not like?
4. How is Zinkoff's stomach fixed?
(a) All of these.
(b) He is put on a special diet.
(c) He has surgery.
(d) He has a new medication.
5. Why does Zinkoff go to school on a weekend?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He didn't know school was out on weekends.
(c) He is in the mentoring program.
(d) He has make-up work to do.
6. What is Zinkoff's sister's name?
7. What makes Zinkoff's teacher think he might have a developmental problem?
(a) His looks.
(b) His poor penmanship.
(c) His easily confused state.
(d) His enthusiasm.
8. What does Zinkoff love to hear more than anything?
(c) Funny words.
9. What does Zinkoff do when he is ready to go to school?
10. Where does Mr. Yalowitz seat Zinkoff?
(a) Next to his own desk.
(b) The back row.
(c) The front row.
(d) The aisle row.
11. How does Andrew's father plan to get them moved to a new house?
(a) By getting a divorce.
(b) By selling the house.
(c) By getting a raise.
(d) By investing well.
12. What kind of hat does Zinkoff's teacher wear on his first day of school?
(a) A police hat.
(b) A crown.
(c) A conductor's hat.
(d) A witche's hat.
13. Why is Zinkoff out of school for so long?
(a) His mother is sick.
(b) His baby sister gets sick.
(c) He is on probation.
(d) He has to heal from his surgery.
14. Why did Mrs. Biswell become a teacher?
(a) Her husband wanted her to.
(b) There were few jobs for women.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) She is good at it.
15. Where does Mrs. Zinkoff put Polly's crib when Zinkoff is home?
(a) In Zinkoff's room.
(b) By the hallway.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) By the front door.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what grade are Zinkoff's differences discovered?
2. What does the button say that Miss Meeks puts on Zinkoff?
3. What day of school does Zinkoff want to miss?
4. How does Zinkoff feel when someone says his hat is theirs?
5. What does Zinkoff throw up on in Mrs. Biswell's class?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)