|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not noticed in the first chapter?
(d) Time passing.
2. How will someone know that a name and a boy go together in Chapter 1?
(a) He will have a name tag.
(b) They will be told.
(c) It will just fit.
(d) It will be obvious.
3. What does Zinkoff pretend the sidewalk is while he walks alone?
(c) A long trail.
(d) A puddle.
4. How many days will kids be in school during their educational careers?
(a) 3,022 days.
(b) 1,500 days.
(c) 1,000 days.
(d) More than 2,000 days.
5. What is Zinkoff's first question to Mrs. Biswell?
(a) Are you married?
(b) Are we still citizens?
(c) How many days are left in school?
(d) What is your real name?
6. What does Zinkoff throw up on in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Her eraser.
(b) The floor.
(c) His desk.
(d) Her desk.
7. What is Andrew's father's occupation?
8. What passes Zinkoff as he is running?
(a) A car.
(b) Some dogs.
(c) A bird.
(d) Older boys.
9. How does the narrator say someone might get annoyed by a happy child in winter?
(a) All of these.
(b) To see they are having more fun than you.
(c) To have to share your activity.
(d) To not be a part of the fun.
10. What does Andrew call Zinkoff's neighborhood?
(a) The subrubs.
(b) A pit stop.
(c) A dump.
(d) The ghetto.
11. What kind of hat does Zinkoff's teacher wear on his first day of school?
(a) A witche's hat.
(b) A police hat.
(c) A conductor's hat.
(d) A crown.
12. Who does Zinkoff feel like when he is at home from school?
(a) An evil scientist.
(b) The Sick Woman.
(c) The Waiting Man.
(d) A prisoner.
13. What is Zinkoff's first name?
14. Why is Zinkoff out of school for so long?
(a) His baby sister gets sick.
(b) His mother is sick.
(c) He has to heal from his surgery.
(d) He is on probation.
15. Where does Zinkoff have a birthmark?
(a) His neck.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His cheek.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what grade are Zinkoff's differences discovered?
2. How does Zinkoff feel as he runs by himself?
3. When does Zinkoff go down to his cellar?
4. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
5. How does Mrs. Biswell create her seating chart?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)