|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinkoff never notice about himself when he is with other boys?
(a) He never wins.
(b) He is made fun of.
(c) He is not liked.
(d) He is different.
2. What kind of developmental problem does Zinkoff's teacher think he might have?
(a) Physical stunting.
(b) Mental delay.
(c) Motor control.
(d) Emotional instability.
3. What is Zinkoff's first question to Mrs. Biswell?
(a) Are you married?
(b) Are we still citizens?
(c) How many days are left in school?
(d) What is your real name?
4. What kind of students does Mrs. Biswell appreciate?
(a) Brilliant students.
(b) Grateful students.
(c) Struggling students.
(d) Quiet students.
5. How does Zinkoff feel about the button given to him by Miss Meeks?
(a) It is a disgrace.
(b) It is a badge of honor.
(c) It is pretty.
(d) It was mean.
6. What does Zinkoff do when he is ready to go to school?
7. Where has Zinkoff spent most of his life, before he goes to school?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The outdoors.
(d) His bed.
8. Who yells at Mrs. Biswell for being unkind to Zinkoff?
(a) The Principal.
(c) Mrs. Zinkoff.
(d) Mr. Zinkoff.
9. What is Andrew's last name?
10. What does Zinkoff never do when he is young?
11. How long is Zinkoff out of school?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
12. What always makes Zinkoff laugh at the dinner table?
(a) His father's description of his day.
(b) His father's rhyming questions.
(c) Saying prayers.
(d) His mother's food.
13. How does Zinkoff's mother watch him as he goes to school on his first day?
(a) She watches out the window.
(b) She follows behind him silently.
(c) She can see his tall hat.
(d) She follows in her car.
14. Where does Mrs. Zinkoff put Polly's crib when Zinkoff is home?
(a) By the hallway.
(b) In Zinkoff's room.
(c) By the front door.
(d) In the kitchen.
15. How does Zinkoff feel when someone says his hat is theirs?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Zinkoff's first teacher been teaching?
2. What does a third grader do to hurt Zinkoff on his first day in Mrs. Biswell's class?
3. What does Zinkoff's father ask him every day at dinner?
4. How many steps lead to Zinkoff's cellar?
5. What is Andrew's father's occupation?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)