|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinkoff create while he is home from school?
(a) A cast.
(b) A puppet.
(c) A test.
(d) A play.
2. Why do students whisper the word Jabip to him after the first incident?
(a) To annoy the teacher.
(b) To see him happy.
(c) To make him laugh.
(d) To see him cry.
3. Who brought Zinkoff home from school on the weekend?
(a) The Principal.
(b) Miss Meeks.
(c) His parents.
(d) His friends.
4. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
(a) His boots clomp.
(b) Polly talks to him.
(c) The door squeaks.
(d) He stops laughing.
5. How does the narrator say someone might get annoyed by a happy child in winter?
(a) To not be a part of the fun.
(b) To see they are having more fun than you.
(c) To have to share your activity.
(d) All of these.
6. Where does Mr. Zinkoff take his son on Sunday?
(a) Willow Street.
(b) Aspen Circle.
(c) Oak Street.
(d) Maple Drive.
7. What is Zinkoff's first question to Mrs. Biswell?
(a) What is your real name?
(b) Are you married?
(c) Are we still citizens?
(d) How many days are left in school?
8. What is Miss Meeks describing when she says Jabip?
(a) Other countries.
(c) Her vacation.
(d) A billion basketballs.
9. What does the narrator say boys will always do, when together?
(c) Gang up.
(d) Get along.
10. Why is Zinkoff out of school for so long?
(a) He is on probation.
(b) His baby sister gets sick.
(c) His mother is sick.
(d) He has to heal from his surgery.
11. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
(a) Trash cans.
(b) All of these.
(c) Parked cars.
12. What does Miss Meeks like about Zinkoff?
(a) He is easily amused.
(b) He tries hard.
(c) He is kind to others.
(d) He loves school.
13. In what grade are Zinkoff's differences discovered?
14. Why did Mrs. Biswell become a teacher?
(a) There were few jobs for women.
(b) She is good at it.
(c) Her husband wanted her to.
(d) She doesn't know.
15. How many steps lead to Zinkoff's cellar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Zinkoff and Andrew stop being friends?
2. How does Zinkoff describe every day at school?
3. What does Miss Meeks wish Zinkoff had more of?
4. What does Zinkoff love to hear more than anything?
5. What does Zinkoff pretend the sidewalk is while he walks alone?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)