|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinkoff's sister get that makes him jealous?
(a) Baby food.
(c) A crib.
(d) 2 stars.
2. How does Zinkoff feel when someone says his hat is theirs?
3. When does Zinkoff go down to his cellar?
(a) During Polly's nap.
(b) When his father gets home.
(c) At bed time.
(d) In the morning before everyone wakes up.
4. What kind of students does Mrs. Biswell appreciate?
(a) Quiet students.
(b) Brilliant students.
(c) Struggling students.
(d) Grateful students.
5. What does Mr. Yalowitz see in Zinkoff?
(a) His love.
(b) His disadvantages.
(c) His needs.
(d) His potential.
6. How far away is the school from Zinkoff's house?
(a) 5 blocks.
(b) 3 blocks.
(c) 2 blocks.
(d) 4 blocks.
7. What has changed about Zinkoff to make his differences be discovered?
(a) He had a surgery.
(b) He is taller.
(c) His laughter is more chronic.
8. How does Zinkoff feel as he runs by himself?
9. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
(b) Snow shoeing.
(c) Snowman making.
10. What day of school does Zinkoff want to miss?
(a) The Testing Day.
(b) Mother's Appreciation Day.
(c) Take Your Child to Work Day.
(d) A Snow Day.
11. What does Miss Meeks wish Zinkoff had more of?
12. What is Zinkoff's first question to Mrs. Biswell?
(a) How many days are left in school?
(b) What is your real name?
(c) Are we still citizens?
(d) Are you married?
13. What does Zinkoff create while he is home from school?
(a) A test.
(b) A play.
(c) A puppet.
(d) A cast.
14. How does Zinkoff feel about the button given to him by Miss Meeks?
(a) It was mean.
(b) It is pretty.
(c) It is a badge of honor.
(d) It is a disgrace.
15. What always makes Zinkoff laugh at the dinner table?
(a) Saying prayers.
(b) His father's description of his day.
(c) His father's rhyming questions.
(d) His mother's food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Zinkoff's occupation?
2. What is not noticed in the first chapter?
3. How does the narrator say someone might get annoyed by a happy child in winter?
4. What about Zinkoff does Mrs. Biswell say is atrocious?
5. What does Zinkoff do when he is ready to go to school?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)