|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinkoff do after he throws up in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Runs home.
(b) Goes to the nurse's office.
(c) Passes out.
(d) Cleans up his mess.
2. What day of school does Zinkoff want to miss?
(a) Take Your Child to Work Day.
(b) The Testing Day.
(c) A Snow Day.
(d) Mother's Appreciation Day.
3. What does Zinkoff never notice about himself when he is with other boys?
(a) He is not liked.
(b) He never wins.
(c) He is made fun of.
(d) He is different.
4. How does Mrs. Biswell create her seating chart?
(a) She lets the students choose.
(c) By height.
(d) She puts the problem children in the front.
5. What does the button say that Miss Meeks puts on Zinkoff?
(a) I will live up to my potentional.
(b) I know I can behave.
(c) I will respect myself and others.
(d) I will be better.
6. What does a third grader do to hurt Zinkoff on his first day in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Calls him a name.
(b) Takes his stars away.
(c) Twists his arm.
(d) Kicks him.
7. What winter activity is listed in the first chapter?
(a) Snow shoeing.
(d) Snowman making.
8. What does Zinkoff's sister get that makes him jealous?
(a) 2 stars.
(b) A crib.
(c) Baby food.
9. What makes the children giggle at Zinkoff on his first day at school?
(a) All of these.
(b) His name.
(c) His enthusiasm.
(d) His hat.
10. Who does Zinkoff feel like when he is at home from school?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) The Sick Woman.
(c) An evil scientist.
(d) The Waiting Man.
11. Where does Mr. Yalowitz seat Zinkoff?
(a) Next to his own desk.
(b) The front row.
(c) The back row.
(d) The aisle row.
12. What did Zinkoff do when Miss Meeks talked about Jabip?
(a) He jumped around repeating the word.
(b) He wrote the word down over and over.
(c) He laughed so hard he fell off his chair.
(d) He got confused.
13. What is Zinkoff's first teacher's name?
(a) Mrs. Mirk.
(b) Ms. Munk.
(c) Miss Meeks.
(d) Ms. Mikes.
14. Where does Zinkoff want to go when he is out of school for so long?
(b) To school.
(c) To the doctor.
(d) To the store.
15. What is Andrew's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say someone might get annoyed by a happy child in winter?
2. What does Mr. Yalowitz see in Zinkoff?
3. Why does Zinkoff get in trouble on his first day of school?
4. Why do Zinkoff and Andrew stop being friends?
5. How does Zinkoff's mother watch him as he goes to school on his first day?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)