|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what grade are Zinkoff's differences discovered?
2. What does Zinkoff get from his mother after his first day at school?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A brownie.
(c) A star sticker.
(d) A kiss and a hug.
3. Where does Zinkoff have a birthmark?
(a) His cheek.
(b) His neck.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
4. What is not noticed in the first chapter?
(b) Time passing.
5. Why do students whisper the word Jabip to him after the first incident?
(a) To see him happy.
(b) To annoy the teacher.
(c) To make him laugh.
(d) To see him cry.
6. What did Zinkoff do when Miss Meeks talked about Jabip?
(a) He got confused.
(b) He laughed so hard he fell off his chair.
(c) He wrote the word down over and over.
(d) He jumped around repeating the word.
7. What makes the children giggle at Zinkoff on his first day at school?
(a) His name.
(b) All of these.
(c) His hat.
(d) His enthusiasm.
8. Why is Zinkoff out of school for so long?
(a) He is on probation.
(b) He has to heal from his surgery.
(c) His mother is sick.
(d) His baby sister gets sick.
9. Why do Zinkoff and Andrew stop being friends?
(a) Zinkoff gets sick.
(b) Mr. Orwell won't let Andrew play with Zinkoff.
(c) Andrew moves away.
(d) Zinkoff's parents won't let Andrew play.
10. How long has Zinkoff's first teacher been teaching?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 15 years.
11. How does Mrs. Zinkoff know when her son in trying to get away?
(a) The door squeaks.
(b) Polly talks to him.
(c) He stops laughing.
(d) His boots clomp.
12. Who brought Zinkoff home from school on the weekend?
(a) His friends.
(b) The Principal.
(c) Miss Meeks.
(d) His parents.
13. What does Zinkoff's father ask him every day at dinner?
(a) How was school?
(b) How do you do?
(c) Are we happy?
(d) What's new?
14. What grade does Mrs. Biswell teach?
15. How does the narrator say someone might get annoyed by a happy child in winter?
(a) To not be a part of the fun.
(b) To see they are having more fun than you.
(c) To have to share your activity.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zinkoff feel like when he is at home from school?
2. What does Mrs. Zinkoff do to make money?
3. What does Zinkoff do when he is ready to go to school?
4. How many days will kids be in school during their educational careers?
5. What does Zinkoff never do when he is young?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)