|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zinkoff pretend the sidewalk is while he walks alone?
(b) A puddle.
(d) A long trail.
2. What is the name of Zinkoff's first school?
(a) John Adams Academy.
(b) John W. Satterfield Elementary.
(c) John Wilkins Elementary.
(d) John Quincy Adams School for Children.
3. How are the students referred to by his first teacher?
4. What makes the children giggle at Zinkoff on his first day at school?
(a) His enthusiasm.
(b) His hat.
(c) His name.
(d) All of these.
5. Where does Mrs. Zinkoff put Polly's crib when Zinkoff is home?
(a) In Zinkoff's room.
(b) By the hallway.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) By the front door.
6. What grade does Mrs. Biswell teach?
7. What is Andrew's last name?
8. What kind of students does Mrs. Biswell appreciate?
(a) Brilliant students.
(b) Grateful students.
(c) Quiet students.
(d) Struggling students.
9. What does the button say that Miss Meeks puts on Zinkoff?
(a) I will live up to my potentional.
(b) I will respect myself and others.
(c) I know I can behave.
(d) I will be better.
10. What is the first thing Zinkoff learns at school?
(a) To draw his shapes.
(b) To sing the alphabet.
(c) To spell cat.
(d) To write his name.
11. What about Zinkoff does Mrs. Biswell say is atrocious?
(a) His laughter.
(b) His language.
(c) His appearance.
(d) His handwriting.
12. Why does Zinkoff go to school on a weekend?
(a) He didn't know school was out on weekends.
(b) He is in the mentoring program.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He has make-up work to do.
13. What does Zinkoff do after he throws up in Mrs. Biswell's class?
(a) Goes to the nurse's office.
(b) Runs home.
(c) Passes out.
(d) Cleans up his mess.
14. What does Mr. Yalowitz see in Zinkoff?
(a) His needs.
(b) His disadvantages.
(c) His love.
(d) His potential.
15. What is Zinkoff's first teacher's name?
(a) Ms. Mikes.
(b) Mrs. Mirk.
(c) Miss Meeks.
(d) Ms. Munk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Zinkoff and Andrew stop being friends?
2. What does Zinkoff do when someone on the playground takes his hat?
3. Who does Zinkoff want to hold his hand as he goes to school?
4. How many days will kids be in school during their educational careers?
5. What are children compared to in the first chapter?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)