* In the first chapter, the narrator uses second person narrative to address the reader.
* He talks about a boy that is never noticed very much until later in life. That boy's name is Zinkoff.
* When Zinkoff is able to leave his house alone for the first time, he is excited and has no fear like most children do.
* He runs as fast as he can and feels free and happy. He sees that if he keeps taking right turns, he can run forever.
* The narrator says that when boys get together, they will always compete in one way or another.
* Zinkoff never wins these competitions and never notices; neither do the other children, but the narrator says they soon will start noticing.
* Zinkoff runs off to school on his first day without waiting for his mother. He is wearing a large giraffe hat.
This section contains 1,721 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)