|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has assembled the packet that is revealed in Chapter 36?
2. When the travelers disembark on a small stretch of white beach, who greets the travelers?
3. What is the name of the man that fills in some of the blanks for Marlow on Jim's life?
4. How does Marlow characterize the feelings that Jim's father has for his son?
5. What item does Jim give to Tamb' Itam to deliver along with Jim's message?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book is entitled, "Lord Jim". Why does the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the inner struggles of the main character, and the regard - or lack thereof - of the people surrounding Jim?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the course of the novel, Jim is involved with two quite different supporters. Compare and contrast the relationship Jim has with Marlow to the relationship Jim has with Dain Waris. Then, compare and contrast the two men. How do these two relationships influence not only Jim, but the events that take place in Patusan?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties, and agendas of the following people in the story: Marlow, Jim, Cornelius, and Stein.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)