|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlow tell Jewel when he tries to reassure her that Jim will not leave her?
(a) The world is too small to handle Jim.
(b) The world is too big to miss Jim.
(c) Jim never liked the outside world.
(d) Jim doesn't miss the outside world.
2. According to Marlow's tale, what item does Brown steal that results in Brown's inclusion in Jim's story?
(a) A schooner.
(b) A slave.
3. When the travelers disembark on a small stretch of white beach, who greets the travelers?
(b) Three native girls.
(c) Two men.
(d) Sherif Ali's men.
4. When Brown and his crew reach Patusan, where does the ship drop anchor?
(a) Off Zamboanga.
(b) Off Patusan's north shore.
(c) Off Batu Kring.
(d) Off Madrid.
5. When Jim and his attackers reach their destination, what does Jim order his attackers to do?
(a) Turn themselves into the authorities.
(b) Sit back to back in the kitchen.
(c) Jump into the river.
(d) Go below deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are waiting to attack Jim when he reaches the storehouse at the end of Cornelius' courtyard?
2. At the time in which Jim relates the story of the attempted assassination to Marlow, how long has Jim been in Patusan?
3. Where is Jim when he hears about the attack on Dain Waris' camp?
4. What is included in the packet that is revealed in Chapter 36?
5. How many times is Brown's man shot while attempting to sneak onto the boat to retrieve some tobacco?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)