|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marlow characterize the feelings that Jim's father has for his son?
2. During their conversation, Jim asks Brown if he will leave Patusan. Brown agrees. What does Brown, however, refuse to do?
(a) Go peacefully.
(b) Leave two crew members behind.
(c) Surrender his arms.
(d) Pay for Cornelius' guidance.
3. When the travelers disembark on a small stretch of white beach, who greets the travelers?
(a) Three native girls.
(b) Sherif Ali's men.
(d) Two men.
4. Who has assembled the packet that is revealed in Chapter 36?
(b) Jim's father.
5. Upon hearing the girl's revelation about Jim, what is Jewel asked to do?
(a) Stand by Jim.
(b) Forgive Jim.
(c) Mourn Jim.
(d) Marry Jim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown feel for Jim immediately when he first sees him?
2. How many months before meeting the man that fills in some of the blanks for Marlow on Jim's life does this man meet Jewel at Stein's home?
3. On her deathbed, who does Jewel's mother try to prevent from entering her room?
4. How does Marlow describe Brown?
5. Why is Jim afraid that the natives will learn of his past?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)