|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through the conversation, questions, and pleas that Brown throws at Jim, what emotion is Brown hoping to evoke from Jim?
2. How many of Brown's men are wounded in the fight as Brown's men attempt to land at Batu Kring?
3. Who gives the order to fire on Dain Waris' camp?
4. Back in Patusan, who is the first person to hear about the attack on Dain Waris' camp?
5. Before leaving Marlow's presence, what does Jewel try to learn from Marlow?
(a) Reassurance that Jim will never leave.
(c) Information about Jim's past.
(d) Information about Jim's wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jewel reveal when she is at Stein's home with Tamb' Itam?
2. How does Marlow characterize the feelings that Jim's father has for his son?
3. Jim and Jewel greet each other the same way each time they see each other. What does Jewel say to Jim?
4. Upon hearing the girl's revelation about Jim, what is Jewel asked to do?
5. By what other name do the chief men in the town call Jim's home?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)