|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlow tell Jewel when he tries to reassure her that Jim will not leave her?
(a) Jim doesn't miss the outside world.
(b) The world is too big to miss Jim.
(c) The world is too small to handle Jim.
(d) Jim never liked the outside world.
2. At the time in which Jim relates the story of the attempted assassination, what does Jim confess to Marlow?
(a) That he loves Cornelius' stepdaughter.
(b) That he respects Cornelius' business sense.
(c) That he hates living in Patusan.
(d) That he wants to go home.
3. Why does Jim know there is something in Jim's past that he has not told her?
(a) Jewel overhears Marlow and Cornelius talking.
(b) Jewel hears rumors from the natives.
(c) Jewel feels Jim is haunted by it.
(d) Jewel wonders at Jim's arrival in Patusan.
4. Where do Jim, Tamb' Itam, and Jim's men station themselves as they wait for Brown to pass by as Brown leaves Patusan for good?
(a) In the tall river grasses.
(b) In the fishing huts.
(c) In the Bugis camp.
(d) In the Rajah's stockade.
5. By what other name do the chief men in the town call Jim's home?
(a) Jim's island.
(b) Jim's abode.
(c) Jim's hideout.
(d) Jim's fort.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their conversation, Jim asks Brown why he has come to Patusan. What is Brown's answer?
2. What does Cornelius suggest to Brown as a sure fire way to intimidate the natives into submission?
3. After his fight with Jewel, who does Marlow run into while going for his walk?
4. When the two travelers part, where does Marlow go?
5. Where is Brown's man shot while attempting to sneak onto the boat to retrieve some tobacco?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)