|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon learning of the attack on Dain Waris' camp, what order does the first person to hear the news give?
(a) Pursue Brown and his men.
(b) Close the gates to the fort.
(c) Prepare a chase vessel.
(d) Bring back the dead and wounded.
2. When the attack on Dain Waris' camp begins, where is the man who runs to shore fatally shot?
(a) In the heart.
(b) In the forehead.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the stomach.
3. As the two travelers part, what do they do?
(a) Shake hands.
(c) Simply walk away.
(d) Promise to write.
4. When Jim and his attackers reach their destination, what does Jim order his attackers to do?
(a) Jump into the river.
(b) Turn themselves into the authorities.
(c) Sit back to back in the kitchen.
(d) Go below deck.
5. When Brown and his crew reach Patusan, where does the ship drop anchor?
(a) Off Madrid.
(b) Off Batu Kring.
(c) Off Zamboanga.
(d) Off Patusan's north shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the travelers disembark on a small stretch of white beach, who greets the travelers?
2. What does Cornelius suggest to Brown as a sure fire way to intimidate the natives into submission?
3. What is the initial plan that Brown devises upon his arrival in Patusan that is designed to cow and terrify the population?
4. On her deathbed, who does Jewel's mother try to prevent from entering her room?
5. Where do Jim, Tamb' Itam, and Jim's men station themselves as they wait for Brown to pass by as Brown leaves Patusan for good?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)