|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim order his attackers to go after the attempt on his life is foiled?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the jail.
(c) To the house.
(d) To the ship.
2. When Jim arrives just after Marlow has refused to reveal Jim's past to Jewel, why do Jim and Marlow not talk?
(a) Jewel runs crying into Jim's arms.
(b) Marlow has gone to his room.
(c) Marlow has slipped away in the dark.
(d) Jewel refuses to let the two men alone.
3. How many of Brown's men are wounded in the fight as Brown's men attempt to land at Batu Kring?
4. The night of the assassination attempt, what does Jim refuse to do?
(a) Abandon Jewel.
(b) Confront Cornelius.
(c) Go for help.
(d) Comfort Jewel.
5. When the two travelers part, the person accompanying Marlow asks when they shall meet again. What is Marlow's response?
(a) Next week.
(b) In three months.
(d) In December.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the attack on Dain Waris' camp begins, where is the man who runs to shore fatally shot?
2. What is the name of the community that assembles to hear Jim's plan for defeating Sherif Ali?
3. How many men are waiting to attack Jim when he reaches the storehouse at the end of Cornelius' courtyard?
4. Who does Jim request to be summoned because Jim refuses to lead the fighting?
5. On her deathbed, who does Jewel's mother try to prevent from entering her room?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)