|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marlow, justice does not hold the balance. What does?
2. How many men are waiting to attack Jim when he reaches the storehouse at the end of Cornelius' courtyard?
3. Where does Jim order his attackers to go after the attempt on his life is foiled?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the house.
(c) To the jail.
(d) To the ship.
4. When Jim arrives just after Marlow has refused to reveal Jim's past to Jewel, why do Jim and Marlow not talk?
(a) Marlow has slipped away in the dark.
(b) Jewel refuses to let the two men alone.
(c) Marlow has gone to his room.
(d) Jewel runs crying into Jim's arms.
5. What is the initial plan that Brown devises upon his arrival in Patusan that is designed to cow and terrify the population?
(a) Stabbing the village chiefs.
(b) Murdering Jim in the village square.
(c) Capturing the villager's women.
(d) Setting fire to the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jim afraid that the natives will learn of his past?
2. When Jim and his attackers reach their destination, what does Jim order his attackers to do?
3. Where does Marlow meet the man that fills in some of the blanks for Marlow on Jim's life?
4. How does Marlow describe Brown?
5. Upon Jim's return to Patusan, where do Jim and Brown meet?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)