|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time in which Jim relates the story of the attempted assassination, what does Jim confess to Marlow?
(a) That he loves Cornelius' stepdaughter.
(b) That he hates living in Patusan.
(c) That he respects Cornelius' business sense.
(d) That he wants to go home.
2. Upon learning of the attack on Dain Waris' camp, what order does the first person to hear the news give?
(a) Pursue Brown and his men.
(b) Close the gates to the fort.
(c) Bring back the dead and wounded.
(d) Prepare a chase vessel.
3. How is Cornelius' reaction characterized when Marlow tells Cornelius that Jim will never leave Patusan?
4. Who gives the signal for the attackers to begin their assassination attempt on Jim?
(c) Cornelius' stepdaughter.
(d) Sherif Ali.
5. What does Marlow tell Jewel when he tries to reassure her that Jim will not leave her?
(a) Jim never liked the outside world.
(b) The world is too small to handle Jim.
(c) Jim doesn't miss the outside world.
(d) The world is too big to miss Jim.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night of the assassination attempt, what does Jim refuse to do?
2. How many months before meeting the man that fills in some of the blanks for Marlow on Jim's life does this man meet Jewel at Stein's home?
3. What does Doramin see when he looks at Dain Waris' body?
4. When Brown and his crew reach Patusan, where does the ship drop anchor?
5. What is included in the packet that is revealed in Chapter 36?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)