|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Brown's man shot while attempting to sneak onto the boat to retrieve some tobacco?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the stomach.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the head.
2. How is Cornelius' reaction characterized when Marlow tells Cornelius that Jim will never leave Patusan?
3. When referring to the specter of Jim's past that continually haunts Jim, how does Marlow term Jim's appearance?
(a) As being in dark days.
(b) As being under a cloud.
(c) As being lost in life.
(d) As being abandoned and alone.
4. At the time in which Jim relates the story of the attempted assassination, what does Jim confess to Marlow?
(a) That he loves Cornelius' stepdaughter.
(b) That he wants to go home.
(c) That he respects Cornelius' business sense.
(d) That he hates living in Patusan.
5. When Jim and his attackers reach their destination, what does Jim order his attackers to do?
(a) Sit back to back in the kitchen.
(b) Go below deck.
(c) Turn themselves into the authorities.
(d) Jump into the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Marlow on the first leg of his journey back to the "real world" from Patusan?
2. What does Jewel reveal when she is at Stein's home with Tamb' Itam?
3. How does Marlow characterize the feelings that Jim's father has for his son?
4. When Jim arrives just after Marlow has refused to reveal Jim's past to Jewel, why do Jim and Marlow not talk?
5. To whom does Jim order Tamb' Itam to take a message instructing that Brown should be allowed to pass unharmed?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)