|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marlow's tale, what item does Brown steal that results in Brown's inclusion in Jim's story?
(a) A slave.
(c) A schooner.
2. Jim and Jewel greet each other the same way each time they see each other. What does Jewel say to Jim?
(a) Atta boy!
(b) Hallo boy!
(c) Hello my love!
(d) Hey you!
3. Through the conversation, questions, and pleas that Brown throws at Jim, what emotion is Brown hoping to evoke from Jim?
4. How does Marlow characterize the feelings that Jim's father has for his son?
5. How does Marlow describe Brown?
(a) As a sailor.
(b) As a thief.
(c) As a pirate.
(d) As a buccaneer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jim, Tamb' Itam, and Jim's men station themselves as they wait for Brown to pass by as Brown leaves Patusan for good?
2. When the girl asserts that Jim is false while she is visiting Stein's home with Tamb' Itam, who rallies to Jim's defense?
3. At the time in which Jim relates the story of the attempted assassination to Marlow, how long has Jim been in Patusan?
4. What is the name of the community that assembles to hear Jim's plan for defeating Sherif Ali?
5. Before leaving Marlow's presence, what does Jewel try to learn from Marlow?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)