|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brown and his crew reach Patusan, where does the ship drop anchor?
(a) Off Madrid.
(b) Off Batu Kring.
(c) Off Patusan's north shore.
(d) Off Zamboanga.
2. Where is Brown's man shot while attempting to sneak onto the boat to retrieve some tobacco?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the stomach.
3. Who shoots Jim in the chest?
(c) Dain Waris.
4. Upon hearing the girl's revelation about Jim, what is Jewel asked to do?
(a) Marry Jim.
(b) Stand by Jim.
(c) Forgive Jim.
(d) Mourn Jim.
5. How many of Jim's men station themselves with Jim and Tamb' Itam as they wait for Brown to pass as Brown leaves Patusan for good?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the chief men's plan, who will be in charge of establishing the blockade ten miles down river of Patusan?
2. How many months before meeting the man that fills in some of the blanks for Marlow on Jim's life does this man meet Jewel at Stein's home?
3. When Jim meets with the chiefs to explain the deal he made with Brown, what does Jim entreat the chiefs to do?
4. According to the chief men's plan, who will be in charge of the men stationed at the houses nearest to the creek?
5. Why does Jim know there is something in Jim's past that he has not told her?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)