|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the chief men's plan, who will be in charge of establishing the blockade ten miles down river of Patusan?
(a) Dain Waris.
(b) Tamb' Itam.
2. As Jim is returning to Patusan, what does Cornelius say regarding Jim to Gentleman Brown?
(a) Jim is a coward.
(b) Jim is aftraid of everything.
(c) Jim isn't a coward.
(d) Jim isn't afraid of anything.
3. Why does Jim know there is something in Jim's past that he has not told her?
(a) Jewel wonders at Jim's arrival in Patusan.
(b) Jewel feels Jim is haunted by it.
(c) Jewel hears rumors from the natives.
(d) Jewel overhears Marlow and Cornelius talking.
4. Back in Patusan, who is the first person to hear about the attack on Dain Waris' camp?
5. Where does Jim order his attackers to go after the attempt on his life is foiled?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the house.
(c) To the jail.
(d) To the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night of the assassination attempt, what does Jim refuse to do?
2. What is included in the packet that is revealed in Chapter 36?
3. Who accompanies Jim as he visits the scattered parties of guards stationed along the river?
4. According to Marlow, when does Jim receive the old, yellow letter?
5. What does Cornelius suggest to Brown as a sure fire way to intimidate the natives into submission?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)