|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outfit that Cornelius wears on holidays and for celebrations?
(a) A military uniform.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) A white suit.
(d) A black suit.
2. According to Marlow, when does Jim receive the old, yellow letter?
(a) A few days before meeting De Jongh.
(b) A few days before the inquiry.
(c) A few days before the Patna voyage.
(d) A few days before the assassination attempt.
3. Upon learning of the attack on Dain Waris' camp, what order does the first person to hear the news give?
(a) Close the gates to the fort.
(b) Bring back the dead and wounded.
(c) Pursue Brown and his men.
(d) Prepare a chase vessel.
4. Who orders the sniper attack that kills a villager?
5. At the time in which Jim relates the story of the attempted assassination to Marlow, how long has Jim been in Patusan?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots Jim in the chest?
2. As the two men meet, the suggestion is made that Jim and Brown talk as equals because, as it's pointed out to them, all men are equal. What are all men equal before?
3. What does Marlow tell Jewel when he tries to reassure her that Jim will not leave her?
4. The day after Jim figures out how to defeat Sherif Ali, to where does Jim travel?
5. Who delivers the message Jim sends to Brown instructing Brown to leave on the morning tide?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)