|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the order to fire on Dain Waris' camp?
2. When Jim arrives just after Marlow has refused to reveal Jim's past to Jewel, why do Jim and Marlow not talk?
(a) Jewel runs crying into Jim's arms.
(b) Marlow has slipped away in the dark.
(c) Marlow has gone to his room.
(d) Jewel refuses to let the two men alone.
3. Why is Jim afraid that the natives will learn of his past?
(a) The natives will kill Jim.
(b) The natives will banish Jim.
(c) The natives trust Jim.
(d) The natives despise Jim.
4. In their haste to escape from their captors, what do Brown and his crew neglect to do?
(a) Bribe the shipping official.
(b) Capture the ship keepers.
(c) Take enough food.
(d) Take navigational maps.
5. Who is guiding the boat with Brown and his men on board as the men make their way towards their ship?
(a) Dain Waris.
(c) Tamb' Itam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon learning of the attack on Dain Waris' camp, what order does the first person to hear the news give?
2. During their conversation, Jim asks Brown why he has come to Patusan. What is Brown's answer?
3. Back in Patusan, who is the first person to hear about the attack on Dain Waris' camp?
4. As the two men meet, the suggestion is made that Jim and Brown talk as equals because, as it's pointed out to them, all men are equal. What are all men equal before?
5. What is the outfit that Cornelius wears on holidays and for celebrations?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)