|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time in which Jim relates the story of the attempted assassination to Marlow, how long has Jim been in Patusan?
(a) Three years.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Two years.
2. What does Brown feel for Jim immediately when he first sees him?
3. As the two travelers part, what do they do?
(a) Promise to write.
(b) Shake hands.
(d) Simply walk away.
4. Where does Jim order his attackers to go after the attempt on his life is foiled?
(a) To the house.
(b) To the ship.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the jail.
5. Who accompanies Marlow on the first leg of his journey back to the "real world" from Patusan?
6. When the attack on Dain Waris' camp begins, where is the man who runs to shore fatally shot?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the stomach.
(c) In the heart.
(d) In the forehead.
7. When the two travelers part, the person accompanying Marlow asks when they shall meet again. What is Marlow's response?
(a) In three months.
(b) Next week.
(d) In December.
8. As Jim is returning to Patusan, what does Cornelius say regarding Jim to Gentleman Brown?
(a) Jim is a coward.
(b) Jim is aftraid of everything.
(c) Jim isn't afraid of anything.
(d) Jim isn't a coward.
9. On her deathbed, who does Jewel's mother try to prevent from entering her room?
(d) Jewel's father.
10. When Jim and his attackers reach their destination, what does Jim order his attackers to do?
(a) Turn themselves into the authorities.
(b) Go below deck.
(c) Jump into the river.
(d) Sit back to back in the kitchen.
11. What is included in the packet that is revealed in Chapter 36?
(a) The last will and testament of Lord Jim.
(b) The final inquiry transcripts.
(c) The last events of Jim's story.
(d) The last will and testament of Jim's father.
12. When the girl asserts that Jim is false while she is visiting Stein's home with Tamb' Itam, who rallies to Jim's defense?
(d) Tamb' Itam.
13. How many months before meeting the man that fills in some of the blanks for Marlow on Jim's life does this man meet Jewel at Stein's home?
14. Who gives the order to fire on Dain Waris' camp?
15. How does Marlow describe Brown?
(a) As a buccaneer.
(b) As a pirate.
(c) As a thief.
(d) As a sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Jim as he visits the scattered parties of guards stationed along the river?
2. By what other name do the chief men in the town call Jim's home?
3. During their conversation, Jim asks Brown if he will leave Patusan. Brown agrees. What does Brown, however, refuse to do?
4. What is the problem, as revealed to the travelers on the stretch of white beach, that is occurring between the villagers and the Rajah's men?
5. To whom does Jim order Tamb' Itam to take a message instructing that Brown should be allowed to pass unharmed?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)