|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon hearing the girl's revelation about Jim, what is Jewel asked to do?
(a) Stand by Jim.
(b) Forgive Jim.
(c) Marry Jim.
(d) Mourn Jim.
2. Who accompanies Jim as he visits the scattered parties of guards stationed along the river?
(a) Tamb' Itam.
(c) Dain Waris.
3. How does Marlow describe Brown?
(a) As a pirate.
(b) As a thief.
(c) As a sailor.
(d) As a buccaneer.
4. When Jim and his attackers reach their destination, what does Jim order his attackers to do?
(a) Sit back to back in the kitchen.
(b) Go below deck.
(c) Turn themselves into the authorities.
(d) Jump into the river.
5. Where does Marlow meet the man that fills in some of the blanks for Marlow on Jim's life?
6. How many of Brown's men are wounded in the fight as Brown's men attempt to land at Batu Kring?
7. How is Cornelius' reaction characterized when Marlow tells Cornelius that Jim will never leave Patusan?
8. What does Brown feel for Jim immediately when he first sees him?
9. In their haste to escape from their captors, what do Brown and his crew neglect to do?
(a) Capture the ship keepers.
(b) Bribe the shipping official.
(c) Take enough food.
(d) Take navigational maps.
10. What is the problem, as revealed to the travelers on the stretch of white beach, that is occurring between the villagers and the Rajah's men?
(a) Ammunition stores.
(b) Fishing rights.
(c) Property lines.
(d) Turtle eggs.
11. Where is Brown's man shot while attempting to sneak onto the boat to retrieve some tobacco?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the stomach.
12. Who shoots Jim in the chest?
(b) Dain Waris.
13. Who is the author of the old, yellow letter?
(a) Jim's uncle.
(b) Jim's father.
14. How does Marlow characterize the feelings that Jim's father has for his son?
15. Upon Jim's return to Patusan, where do Jim and Brown meet?
(a) At the creek.
(b) On Brown's ship.
(c) At Jim's house.
(d) In the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the girl at Cornelius' house awakens Jim in the middle of the night after Jim returns from his day trip, what does the girl give to Jim?
2. When referring to the specter of Jim's past that continually haunts Jim, how does Marlow term Jim's appearance?
3. After being captured by Spanish officials, where is Brown forced to dock his ship?
4. Who gives the order to attack the invaders that are attempting to land at Batu Kring?
5. Who accompanies Marlow on the first leg of his journey back to the "real world" from Patusan?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)