|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he even realizes what he's doing, what does Jim do as it begins to rain?
(a) Incites a panic.
(b) Punches the engineer.
(c) Jumps into the lifeboat.
(d) Yells at the captain.
2. What is the name of the Sultan's uncle who extorts and steals from the country-born Malays?
(a) Rajah Allang.
(b) Robert Allang.
(c) Rajah Elliot.
(d) Robert Elliot.
3. How does Jim feel when he learns of the chance to relocate to the place that Stein and Marlow suggest?
4. What is the name of Doramin's son?
(a) John Elliot.
(b) Kassim Allang.
(c) Dain Waris.
(d) James Conrad.
5. What is the name of the passing steamer that picks up the four crew members after they abandon their ship?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) The Patna.
(c) The Avondale.
(d) The Ossian.
6. What is the name of the man who meets Jim and tells him that the Rajah wants to see him?
7. On board, Jim witnesses a drunken man verbally abusing the captain. Who is the drunkard?
(a) The engineer.
(b) The navigator.
(c) The first mate.
(d) The chief mate.
8. Who is Tamb' Itam?
(a) Dain's personal servant.
(b) Jim's personal servant.
(c) Kassim's personal servant.
(d) Doramin's personal servant.
9. How many crew members abandon ship after the Patna's accident?
10. Once the survivors arrive in port, where does the captain immediately go?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To the nearest bar.
(c) To the company's office.
(d) To the harbor office.
11. While the captain is trying to free the lifeboat and abandon his ship, what are the passengers doing?
12. What does Jim reveal to Marlow during their face-to-face meeting that Jim truly desires?
(a) For Marlow's friendship to continue.
(b) For his past to be buried.
(c) For Marlow's friend to forgive him.
(d) For his past to be revealed.
13. One night, Cornelius approaches Jim with an offer to get Jim safe passage away from Patusan. How much does Cornelius offer to charge Jim?
14. What two items does Jim return from Stein's house with?
(a) A letter and a revolver.
(b) A letter and a horse.
(c) A ring and a revolver.
(d) A letter and a ring.
15. While held prisoner, what item do the captors bring to Jim to fix?
(a) A sail.
(b) A clock.
(c) A sledge.
(d) A claim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does Jim receive from the captain when the captain stops fighting with the drunken man?
2. On board ship, Jim is injured and unable to work. What happens?
3. With whom does Jim first confide his plan to defeat Sherif Ali?
4. How many quartermasters does the captain of the rescuing ship send on board the Patna?
5. How many passengers are on the Patna before the incident under inquiry occurs?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)