|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One night, Cornelius approaches Jim with an offer to get Jim safe passage away from Patusan. How much does Cornelius offer to charge Jim?
2. What is the name of the principal shipping master?
(a) Harry Gustav.
(b) John Elliot.
(c) Archie Ruthvel.
(d) Robert Marlow.
3. While the captain and the other two men discuss what their "story" will be, what job is assigned to Jim?
4. While held prisoner, what item do the captors bring to Jim to fix?
(a) A sail.
(b) A clock.
(c) A sledge.
(d) A claim.
5. To whom does Marlow recommend Jim for employment?
(a) An insurance company owner.
(b) A rice mill owner.
(c) A hotelier.
(d) A ship builder.
6. How many years elapse after Jim first leaves for Patusan and when Marlow is first able to visit Jim?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
7. When the police finally catch up to the Patna's chief engineer, what is the chief engineer raving about?
(b) Dead passengers.
(c) Pink frogs.
(d) Ice cream.
8. What two items does Jim return from Stein's house with?
(a) A ring and a revolver.
(b) A letter and a ring.
(c) A letter and a horse.
(d) A letter and a revolver.
9. In whose courtyard is Jim held prisoner?
10. What is the name of the woman Jim falls in love with?
11. What is the name of the house where Jim and Marlow spend an evening talking during the inquiry?
(a) Miramar House.
(b) Manor House.
(c) Middle House.
(d) Malabar House.
12. Before he even realizes what he's doing, what does Jim do as it begins to rain?
(a) Punches the engineer.
(b) Incites a panic.
(c) Yells at the captain.
(d) Jumps into the lifeboat.
13. What is the name of the man who meets Jim and tells him that the Rajah wants to see him?
14. On Marlow's next trip to the region where Jim is working with the ship-chandlers, what does Marlow learn?
(a) That Jim has bought his own ship.
(b) That Jim has stolen from the ship-chandlers.
(c) That Jim has run away once again.
(d) That Jim has been killed.
15. What is the name of the engineer who collapses from a heart attack aboard the Patna?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim learn his sailing skills?
2. How many brothers does Jim have?
3. Where is the ship that finds the Patna registered?
4. How many passengers are on the Patna before the incident under inquiry occurs?
5. How does the Batu Kring's head man refer to Jim?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)