|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose courtyard is Jim held prisoner?
2. How does Jim make the last leg of his journey to Patusan?
(a) By train.
(b) By ship.
(c) By canoe.
(d) By horse.
3. How does Jim feel when he learns of the chance to relocate to the place that Stein and Marlow suggest?
4. What is the name of the man whose job Jim will be taking over for Stein's company?
5. Before he even realizes what he's doing, what does Jim do as it begins to rain?
(a) Yells at the captain.
(b) Incites a panic.
(c) Punches the engineer.
(d) Jumps into the lifeboat.
6. Once the survivors arrive in port, where does the captain immediately go?
(a) To the post office.
(b) To the company's office.
(c) To the harbor office.
(d) To the nearest bar.
7. What do Jewel and Tamb' Itam have in common?
(a) They are both devoted to Jim.
(b) They both served in the military.
(c) They both never speak.
(d) They are both slaves.
8. How many days do the four crew members sail on the passing steamer before the steamer reaches port?
(a) Three days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Fifteen days.
9. How many quartermasters does the captain of the rescuing ship send on board the Patna?
10. At Marlow's business meeting, what is the name of the admiral who ruins the plot of the man from Madagascar's business scheme?
(a) Admiral Pierre.
(b) Admiral Grandon.
(c) Admiral Richey.
(d) Admiral Elliot.
11. On board, Jim witnesses a drunken man verbally abusing the captain. Who is the drunkard?
(a) The navigator.
(b) The chief mate.
(c) The first mate.
(d) The engineer.
12. What is the name of the West Australian man who is looking for Jim?
13. How does Jim characterize his stay in his new lodging arrangement after he leaves Doramin's home?
14. What is the name of the house where Jim and Marlow spend an evening talking during the inquiry?
(a) Miramar House.
(b) Manor House.
(c) Middle House.
(d) Malabar House.
15. What is the name of the ship that Jim takes the job of chief mate on?
(a) The Modicum.
(b) The Patna.
(c) The Eagle.
(d) The Gustav.
Short Answer Questions
1. After taking part in the revolutionary movement, with whom does Stein find refuge?
2. What is the name of the engineer who collapses from a heart attack aboard the Patna?
3. What is the name of the native chief that Jim will meet?
4. What does Jim reveal to Marlow during their face-to-face meeting that Jim truly desires?
5. What do the rescuing crew members find on board the Patna that baffles them?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)