Short Answer Questions Key
1. In the story's opening chapter, what is Jim's occupation?
A water clerk.
2. How many brothers does Jim have?
3. Where does Jim learn his sailing skills?
From the mercantile marines.
4. How long does Jim's sailing training last?
5. On board ship, Jim is injured and unable to work. What happens?
A falling spar hit Jim.
6. What is the name of the ship that Jim takes the job of chief mate on?
7. On board, Jim witnesses a drunken man verbally abusing the captain. Who is the drunkard?
This section contains 4,508 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)