|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outfit that Cornelius wears on holidays and for celebrations?
(a) A white suit.
(b) A black suit.
(c) A military uniform.
(d) A tuxedo.
2. How many lifeboats are on the Patna before the incident under inquiry occurs?
3. After hearing about the opportunity that Stein and Marlow have in mind for Jim, how does Jim get to Stein's house for his final instructions?
4. Where does Jim learn his sailing skills?
(a) From his father.
(b) From the Navy.
(c) From his uncle.
(d) From the mercantile marines.
5. What is the name of the ship that Jim takes the job of chief mate on?
(a) The Patna.
(b) The Modicum.
(c) The Gustav.
(d) The Eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jim finally comes into the room from the balcony, what does Jim ask Marlow for?
2. As the captain and the drunken man are fighting, what happens to the ship?
3. What is the name of the ship-chandlers with whom Jim finds work?
4. When Jim and his men attack the stockade, who breaks through first?
5. What is the name of the passing steamer that picks up the four crew members after they abandon their ship?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)