|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Cornelius' reaction characterized when Marlow tells Cornelius that Jim will never leave Patusan?
2. On board ship, Jim is injured and unable to work. What happens?
(a) Jim fell overboard.
(b) Jim slipped on the deck.
(c) Another crew member fought with Jim.
(d) A falling spar hit Jim.
3. What does Stein collect?
4. Who is Tamb' Itam?
(a) Jim's personal servant.
(b) Doramin's personal servant.
(c) Kassim's personal servant.
(d) Dain's personal servant.
5. Once the survivors arrive in port, where does the captain immediately go?
(a) To the company's office.
(b) To the post office.
(c) To the harbor office.
(d) To the nearest bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Doramin?
2. When Jim arrives just after Marlow has refused to reveal Jim's past to Jewel, why do Jim and Marlow not talk?
3. According to a rumor that Marlow hears on his journeys, what has Jim, a.k.a. the mysterious white man in Patusan, acquired?
4. Why is Jim afraid that the natives will learn of his past?
5. When Marlow thinks Jim is contemplating suicide while standing out on his balcony, what does Marlow think suicide would be for Jim?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)