|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time elapses between when the ship has its accident and when Jim finds himself at the official inquiry into the incident?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten days.
2. Once the survivors arrive in port, where does the captain immediately go?
(a) To the harbor office.
(b) To the post office.
(c) To the nearest bar.
(d) To the company's office.
3. How many quartermasters does the captain of the rescuing ship send on board the Patna?
4. According to a rumor that Marlow hears on his journeys, what has Jim, a.k.a. the mysterious white man in Patusan, acquired?
(a) An enormous gem.
(b) A servant wife.
(c) A fast horse.
(d) A sleek clipper.
5. While the captain is trying to free the lifeboat and abandon his ship, what are the passengers doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the captain is trying to free the lifeboat and abandon his ship, what does Jim notice off in the distance?
2. Before he even realizes what he's doing, what does Jim do as it begins to rain?
3. Where does Jim order his attackers to go after the attempt on his life is foiled?
4. What is the outfit that Cornelius wears on holidays and for celebrations?
5. At the time in which Jim relates the story of the attempted assassination to Marlow, how long has Jim been in Patusan?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)