|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jim when the captain and the drunken man are fighting?
(a) On the ship's bridge.
(b) In the engine room.
(c) In the mess area.
(d) In the lookout perch.
2. What order does Jim receive from the captain when the captain stops fighting with the drunken man?
(a) To wake the first mate.
(b) To not alert any of the passengers.
(c) To send an SOS.
(d) To stop the engines.
3. On board, Jim witnesses a drunken man verbally abusing the captain. Who is the drunkard?
(a) The navigator.
(b) The engineer.
(c) The chief mate.
(d) The first mate.
4. While the captain is trying to free the lifeboat and abandon his ship, what are the passengers doing?
5. What does Jim discover in the forepeak of the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the court cancel for both the chief mate and the skipper?
2. While the captain and the other two men discuss what their "story" will be, what job is assigned to Jim?
3. Why can the Patna's captain and his fellow ship abandoners not free their lifeboat?
4. How many days do the four crew members sail on the passing steamer before the steamer reaches port?
5. Once the survivors arrive in port, where does the captain immediately go?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)