|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the nautical assessor who is presiding over the inquiry and who captains a steel steamer?
2. How much time elapses between when the ship has its accident and when Jim finds himself at the official inquiry into the incident?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What does Jim discover in the forepeak of the ship?
4. On board ship, Jim is injured and unable to work. What happens?
(a) Jim slipped on the deck.
(b) Jim fell overboard.
(c) Another crew member fought with Jim.
(d) A falling spar hit Jim.
5. How many days do the four crew members sail on the passing steamer before the steamer reaches port?
(a) Six days.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Ten days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two men are looking for Jim in order to offer him a position to manage the island they are trying to establish. Where is the operation located?
2. While the captain is trying to free the lifeboat and abandon his ship, what are the passengers doing?
3. While the captain and the other two men discuss what their "story" will be, what job is assigned to Jim?
4. At the time when the Frenchman and Marlow are conversing, what is Jim's occupation?
5. How many brothers does Jim have?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)