|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Frenchman speaking to Marlow, what does one not die from?
(a) Being angry.
(b) Being afraid.
(c) Accidents at sea.
(d) Fearful sounds.
2. Once the survivors arrive in port, where does the captain immediately go?
(a) To the harbor office.
(b) To the company's office.
(c) To the post office.
(d) To the nearest bar.
3. How many days do the four crew members sail on the passing steamer before the steamer reaches port?
(a) Three days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Six days.
4. What does Jim discover in the forepeak of the ship?
5. While the captain is trying to free the lifeboat and abandon his ship, what are the passengers doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Jim takes the job of chief mate on?
2. How much time elapses between when the ship has its accident and when Jim finds himself at the official inquiry into the incident?
3. How many quartermasters does the captain of the rescuing ship send on board the Patna?
4. As the captain and the drunken man are fighting, what happens to the ship?
5. Two men are looking for Jim in order to offer him a position to manage the island they are trying to establish. Where is the operation located?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)