|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gawyn and Egwene do?
(a) Nothing; they do not see each other.
(b) Leave for Salidar together.
(c) Try to avoid each other.
(d) Meet at an inn and talk kiss.
2. What is the origin of bubble of evil that hits Salidar?
(a) The Black Aljah at Salidar.
(b) No one knows.
(c) The weakening of the Dark One's prison.
(d) The offshoot of Rand using the tainted Saidin.
3. With whom does Rand discuss future strategy?
(a) Mat Cauthon.
(d) The Saldaean general Bashere.
4. Who is the ruler of Mayene?
5. Who tries to kill Mat in Chapter 22?
(c) Aes Sedai.
6. What does the term "Nae'Blis" mean?
(d) Eternal service.
7. What has Rand offered men who can channel?
(b) An alliance with the Red Aljah.
(c) A quick death.
(d) Gentle stilling.
8. Why is Loial's mother looking for him?
(a) To ask him to guard one of the Waygates.
(b) To tell him that his father has died.
(c) To find out if he is alright after she has a terrible dream.
(d) To tell him he needs to settle down.
9. What does Mat suspect about the ones who try to kill him?
(a) They are not real.
(b) They are sent by Sammael.
(c) They are darkfriends or Shaido.
(d) They are tainted through no fault of their own.
10. How does Rand now view Egwene?
(a) As just another Aes Sedai to stay away from.
(b) As a puppet to manipulate.
(c) As a close friend.
(d) As his fiance.
11. Why is Elayne angry?
(a) Because Egwene is not telling her all the secrets of the Salidar tower.
(b) Because Nynaeve has been unsuccessful.
(c) Because the Salidar Aes Sedai are sending nine Aes Sedai on a diplomatic meeting to Rand Al' Thor at Caemlyn, and Elayne isn't invited.
(d) Because Gawyn is staying loyal to the White Tower.
12. What does Berelain do when Egwene informs her of what she saw?
(a) Goes with Egwene to negotiate.
(b) Hurries to the palace.
(c) Calls up her armies.
(d) Flees the city for Mayene.
13. What does Rand do to the Waygate at Shador Logoth?
(a) Opens it.
(b) Marks it for the future.
(c) Destroys it.
(d) Sets a magical trap for any Shadowspawn.
14. About what are Verin and Alanna shocked?
(a) At how easily Rand bested their magic.
(b) That Mazrim Taim is setting up a school for men who can channel.
(c) That Egwene has defeated Moghedrien.
(d) That Nynaeve has learned to restore powers after stilling.
15. Over what does Aviendha agonize?
(a) If the Wise Ones will let her take up the spear in the Last Battle.
(b) The toh she believes she owes Elayne.
(c) If Min is going to steal Rand from her.
(d) Whether Rand will love her more than Elayne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rand watching at the beginning of Chapter 26?
2. How does Theodrin try to jolt Nynaeve free from her block that prevents her from using magic?
3. Of what does Egwene warn Rand?
4. Who kills the Grey man intent on attacking Rand?
5. What does Rand do as the Tar Valon Aes Sedai arrive?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)