|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does this secret really have to do with?
2. What does Edith bring Julian in case he can't sleep?
3. How many years of good labor does Julian state a man has after the age of retirement in this society?
4. What does Julian suggest in terms of religion?
5. What does Julian say about his feelings for the life he remembers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it possible that the narrator is unreliable or biased? Provide specific examples to support your answer. Is it possible that the reliability of the narrator changes throughout the book? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are four causes of waste in 1887 society? What effects did this waste have on 1887 society? How was this problem remedied in 2000? Therefore, what is the main message or theme here?
Essay Topic 3
Edith presents a double mystery to Julian. Explore this mystery. What or who does it involve? What are the two side of the mystery? Is the use of this mystery a literary device? if so what kind?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)