|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age do boys in 1887 begin work?
2. What do higher positions within the industrial army require of women?
3. When an individual has a serious criticism or opinion, how does he share it with the people?
4. What does Julian decide the national party eventually achieved?
5. How longs do judges serve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the notion of corruption mentioned several time in this book. What factors of society are no longer corrupt, according to Dr. Leete? Is Dr. Leete's claim of no corruption in 200 believable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one factor of society as it is discussed in 2000. Write an argument for why the ways of that factors are not practical or would not work in reality and an argument for why or how it would work.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the merit system used in 2000. How does Dr. Leete say it works to keep workers motivated? How does this system compare to the system used in 1887?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)