|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julian keep Edith Bartlett's picture?
2. Who can be selected as a judge?
3. What is the second necessity of life?
4. How much does Julian determine society could afford to spend per person in 1887?
5. How do guests at the dinner Julian has apparently attended react to his tirade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Leete feels his society is a utopia. Looking at this society from the view of an outsider, would you agree or disagree with this statement? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one factor of society as it is discussed in 2000. Write an argument for why the ways of that factors are not practical or would not work in reality and an argument for why or how it would work.
Essay Topic 3
Edith presents a double mystery to Julian. Explore this mystery. What or who does it involve? What are the two side of the mystery? Is the use of this mystery a literary device? if so what kind?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)