|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian think may have been the case with the conversation he overheard?
2. What does Julian suggest in terms of religion?
3. In Chapter 21, where does Dr. Leete suggest they go?
4. Why are newspapers better at serving the people in 2000 than in 1887?
5. How many departments exist within the production system in 2000?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women are not mentioned until late in the book. What is the purpose of this strategy? What is Julian's reaction to women in this society? In asking many questions about women in this society, what is Julian's underlying motive? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the philosophy of equality in this society. How is this concept put to the test in terms the diversity of the citizens? Why does this society not experience discrimination that would have been so prevalent in 1887?
Essay Topic 3
What are four causes of waste in 1887 society? What effects did this waste have on 1887 society? How was this problem remedied in 2000? Therefore, what is the main message or theme here?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)