|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many grades per work group exist?
2. According to the philosophy of 2000, what should happen if someone gives less than his all to a job?
3. Since money is no longer acquired on a personal basis, what is no longer needed?
4. What does the narrator say Human history is?
5. What do Julian and Dr. Leete talk about the first night Julian is in 2000?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does international trade work in 2000?
2. What type of cases are heard by minor judges in this society?
3. How does one become the president of the United States in 2000?
4. Why is the name of Dr. Leete's daughter significant?
5. Why is the industrial army not allowed to vote for president?
6. What does Dr. Leete suggest about the cost of a college education in the 19th century?
7. Why are savings no longer necessary?
8. Why does Julian think he would fail to answer the question of how the nation supports all citizens, had he been back in 1887 and was explaining this system to his friends?
9. How does Julian describe Sundays in 1887?
10. Edith is curious about how women shopped in the 19th century. What does Julian say about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of reasons why 20th century society is able to care for all citizens. Explore these reasons and discuss how 20th century have eliminated waste and increase the national budget.
Essay Topic 2
One literary technique used throughout this book is alternating chapters, where one chapter is used to discuss society and one is used to demonstrate the blooming relationship between Julian and Edith. What is the purpose of this technique? What does this technique offer the reader? Does this technique enhance the story?
Essay Topic 3
Distribution of good is must different in 2000 then it was in 1887. Provide examples of these difference and discuss why the 2000 system is more efficient. Would this system be practical in today's society?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)