|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many distribution centers does each ward have?
2. Who provides the education and training for the transition to the new way of society and business?
3. What is the narrator's name?
4. Why is the narrator's house for sale?
5. How do Dr. and Mrs. Leete feel about Julian walking the city alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the justice system like in 2000?
2. What do Edith and Julian do on the morning that begins Chapter 20?
3. The Leetes take Julian to the dining hall. Describe this experience.
4. How does immigration work in 2000?
5. In Chapter 2, why does Sawyer call for Dr. Pillsbury?
6. What does Dr. Leete say is the problem with the labor system of the previous century?
7. What does Edith offer to Julian and make him promise?
8. How does the narrator sleep so long and remain alive?
9. According to Dr. Leete, what is excessive individualism?
10. What are the wealthy's various views of the poor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are four causes of waste in 1887 society? What effects did this waste have on 1887 society? How was this problem remedied in 2000? Therefore, what is the main message or theme here?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Leete feels his society is a utopia. Looking at this society from the view of an outsider, would you agree or disagree with this statement? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Through out the book Dr. Leete presents a superior attitude when comparing 1887 to 2000. Provide examples of this superior attitude. How does Julian feel about it? Does Dr. Leete feel better than Julian himself or does his superiority concern society in general?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)