|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of legislation, what is the system of 2000 dependent on?
2. What does the narrator say Human history is?
3. What is used for international commerce in 2000?
4. Individuals in which work group have first choice in professions?
5. How many distribution centers does each ward have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the narrator's wedding delayed?
2. How does Mr. Barton's church work?
3. What does Dr. Leete say is the problem with the labor system of the previous century?
4. Why is Julian celebratory when the Leetes take him to the library?
5. What do Edith and Julian do on the morning that begins Chapter 20?
6. What is the result of education for all citizens?
7. What is in the newspaper from 1887 that would not be experienced in 2000?
8. Why does Julian have to stop a number of times in the Boston of 1887 to pull himself together?
9. How does one become the president of the United States in 2000?
10. How does Dr. Leete explain the difference in relationships between 1887 and 2000?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the final chapter, the author presents a letter criticizing this novel. Explore the precedents that provide support for the forward movement of society. List the precedents discussed and explain how the author feels each can be improved upon.
Essay Topic 2
Edith presents a double mystery to Julian. Explore this mystery. What or who does it involve? What are the two side of the mystery? Is the use of this mystery a literary device? if so what kind?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one factor of society as it is discussed in 2000. Write an argument for why the ways of that factors are not practical or would not work in reality and an argument for why or how it would work.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)