|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian say he is and thus does not waste his time on such mysteries as the one Edith presents?
(a) An idealist.
(b) Too practical.
(c) A realist.
(d) A conservative.
2. What does Dr. Leete feel about things that can be explained scientifically?
(a) They should be written about.
(b) They should not be astonishing.
(c) They should be considered miracles
(d) They should be testable.
3. What are women in 2000 relieved of doing?
(b) Raising children.
(d) Going to school.
4. How does Edith react when Julian discusses what he heard being whispered his first day?
5. What other name does Julian refer to his sleeping chamber?
(a) Strong room.
(b) Quiet room.
(c) Safe room.
(d) Hiding room.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age do citizens retire in the society of 2000?
2. Why are newspapers better at serving the people in 2000 than in 1887?
3. As Julian walks through Boston in Chapter 19, what does he notice is missing?
4. What does Dr. Leete think selfishness is in terms of industrial production?
5. What do those in the 20th century compete for?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)