|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which class of society does the narrator belong?
(c) Middle class.
2. Where does the warehouse ship goods to?
(a) Specialty stores.
(b) Citizens' homes.
(c) Distribution center.
(d) Government centers.
3. What group do the mentally and physically ill form?
(a) Relief group.
(b) Nonworkers group.
(c) Invalid corps.
(d) Special needs army.
4. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Julian West.
(b) Mr. Barton.
(c) Dr. Leete.
(d) John East.
5. Why is Julian surprised when the waiter is so pleasant?
(a) They came in so late and he was about to get off work.
(b) They are rude to him.
(c) Because he is so busy.
(d) In 1887, it is a menial job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of legislation, what is the system of 2000 dependent on?
2. What does Dr. Leete say both 19th and 20th century men agree on?
3. Who are professional schools open to?
4. How are citizens paid in Boston 2000?
5. What is considered one of the lowest officers in the industrial army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the wealthy's various views of the poor?
2. How does the labor philosophy of 2000 work in terms of doctors?
3. How does Julian describe Sundays in 1887?
4. Why does Julian think he would fail to answer the question of how the nation supports all citizens, had he been back in 1887 and was explaining this system to his friends?
5. Why is the name of Dr. Leete's daughter significant?
6. What does Julian do when he does not find Edith in the house at the beginning of Chapter 24?
7. What is the justice system like in 2000?
8. Why is the industrial army not allowed to vote for president?
9. The narrator states that he has to build a sleeping chamber due to insomnia, what does the sleeping chamber look like?
10. How does Dr. Leete explain the difference in relationships between 1887 and 2000?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)