|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is held on the last day of May in 1887?
(a) Labor Day.
(b) All Saints Day.
(c) Decoration Day.
(d) Independance Day.
2. What does the narrator say the wealthy suffer from?
3. What is the last thing the narrator remembers?
(a) The Decoration Day ceremony.
(b) Eating dinner with Edith.
(c) Going to bed.
(d) Talking to Sawyer.
4. When does the narrator first see the city of Boston?
5. What is the function of clerks at the distribution center?
(a) Convince buyers to select their products.
(b) Sell goods.
(c) Process orders.
(d) There are no clerks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since money is no longer acquired on a personal basis, what is no longer needed?
2. How are citizens paid in Boston 2000?
3. Who does the narrator live with in 1887?
4. Why do citizens work willingly?
5. What does the narrator say about society in Boston in the mid 19th century?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Julian nervous about going to sleep again?
2. What is the justice system like in 2000?
3. What is the process of receiving goods in 2000?
4. Edith is curious about how women shopped in the 19th century. What does Julian say about this?
5. What does Dr. Leete suggest differentiates the thinking of the 19th century from the 20th century?
6. What do citizens in 2000 do after retirement?
7. What are the wealthy's various views of the poor?
8. According to Dr. Leete, what is excessive individualism?
9. What does Dr. Leete suggest about the cost of a college education in the 19th century?
10. What type of cases are heard by minor judges in this society?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)