|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What music does Julian decide to listen to?
2. What year does the narrator assure the reader he does not mean?
3. What is the date when the narrator wakes up?
(a) June, 2000.
(b) June, 1887.
(c) September, 2000.
(d) September, 1887.
4. When is music available to people in 2000?
(a) 24 hours a day.
(b) 12 hours a day.
(c) Once a week.
(d) 2 times a week.
5. When Julian awakes confused the next day, what does he do to avoid losing his mental stability?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Takes medication.
(c) Calls for Dr. Leete.
(d) Goes back to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is held on the last day of May in 1887?
2. Why is Julian surprised when the waiter is so pleasant?
3. What does Edith make Julian promise he will not do alone?
4. Where does the narrator assume the ash around his sleeping chamber comes from?
5. What does Dr. Leete say both 19th and 20th century men agree on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julian find when he wakes up in Chapter 28?
2. What do citizens in 2000 do after retirement?
3. Why are inheritances more of a curse than a blessing in 2000?
4. What is the process of receiving goods in 2000?
5. Why is the industrial army not allowed to vote for president?
6. The Leetes take Julian to the dining hall. Describe this experience.
7. How is the narrator found?
8. How does one become the president of the United States in 2000?
9. Why is the narrator's wedding delayed?
10. How does Mr. Barton's church work?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)