|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two classes does this society consist of?
(a) Middle class and lower class.
(b) Educators and laborers.
(c) Rich/educated and poor/uneducated.
(d) Upper class and servants.
2. Why is there no advantage in choosing one distribution center over another?
(a) There is only one center per city.
(b) All have the same prices.
(c) All have the same inventory.
(d) It is not allowed.
3. What does Dr. Leete call Edith when it comes to shopping?
(d) A pro.
4. Who is the strange man the narrator has just met?
(a) Dr. Leete.
(b) Mr. Barton.
(d) Dr. Jones.
5. What does the narrator say Human history is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one incentive for workers to do their best?
2. What music does Julian decide to listen to?
3. Who provides the education and training for the transition to the new way of society and business?
4. What does Dr. Leete claim really occurred?
5. By the end on Chapter 14, what does Julian state is the most distinguishing facility of 2000?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two explanations does the narrative give for why society in 1887 does not change?
2. What will Julian's role be in this society?
3. What is the result of education for all citizens?
4. How is corruption eliminated in the 2000 society?
5. Why are there no merchants in 2000?
6. How does Dr. Leete explain the difference in relationships between 1887 and 2000?
7. Why does Julian think he would fail to answer the question of how the nation supports all citizens, had he been back in 1887 and was explaining this system to his friends?
8. Why is Julian nervous about going to sleep again?
9. According to Dr. Leete, what is excessive individualism?
10. What does Dr. Leete suggest about the cost of a college education in the 19th century?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)