|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Leete call Edith when it comes to shopping?
(a) A pro.
2. How are citizens paid in Boston 2000?
(a) Based on gender.
(b) Based on hours worked.
(c) All receive an equal amount.
(d) Based on career.
3. What are all citizens expected to do?
(b) Give all money to state governments.
(c) Run for government office.
(d) Teach at leat one year.
4. What does Edith make Julian promise he will not do alone?
(a) Deal with his situation.
(b) Go to work.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Walk the city.
5. What does the government do if there are not enough volunteers for a trade?
(a) Reduce production or activities of that trade.
(d) Draft volunteers.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age do citizens begin working?
2. Where does Edith Leete invite Julian for diner?
3. How many grades per work group exist?
4. Who is responsible for making sure labor supply equals demand?
5. What does Julian assume occurred for the change in Boston to have happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of education for all citizens?
2. How does immigration work in 2000?
3. The narrator states that he has to build a sleeping chamber due to insomnia, what does the sleeping chamber look like?
4. Why does Julian have to stop a number of times in the Boston of 1887 to pull himself together?
5. Why is the name of Dr. Leete's daughter significant?
6. Why is the industrial army not allowed to vote for president?
7. How is corruption eliminated in the 2000 society?
8. Why is Julian celebratory when the Leetes take him to the library?
9. Why are savings no longer necessary?
10. What are the wealthy's various views of the poor?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)