|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who selects judges in 2000?
(a) The industrial army.
(b) The people.
(c) The lawyers.
(d) The President of the United States.
2. How does Julian feel about himself in modern society?
(a) Like a babe learning to walk.
(d) He fits in.
3. How does Julian know that what he heard that first day was not a dream?
(a) He was fully awake at the time.
(b) Edith's reaction.
(c) Dr. Leete's reaction.
(d) He does not dream.
4. According to Dr. Leete, what competition will be taking place in the next week?
(a) Guild yacht races.
(c) Speedboat races.
5. Who does this secret really have to do with?
(c) Dr. Leete.
6. What does Julian state he may not be able to keep track of in 2000?
(a) Financial laws.
(b) Society in general.
(c) The work load.
(d) Days of the week.
7. How do the people of 2000 feel about lawyers from the past?
(a) They are foolish.
(b) They are disrespected.
(c) They deserve the highest honor.
(d) They are respected.
8. Who chooses the art work displayed in the public buildings?
(a) The manager of the building.
(b) The government.
(c) The people vote.
(d) The Director of Fine Art.
9. As Julian walks through Boston in Chapter 19, what does he notice is missing?
(c) State prison.
10. In Chapter 21, where does Dr. Leete suggest they go?
(a) The distribution center.
(b) The schools and univeristies.
(c) The court house.
(d) Town Hall.
11. In Chapter 16, where does Dr. Leete suggest Julian visit that day?
(a) The univeristy.
(b) The government center.
(c) The prison.
(d) The central warehouse.
12. Dr. Leete states that, in a previous time, this group was funded by business monopolies.
(b) The Nationalist group.
(c) The society of 1887.
(d) The Group for Business Betterment.
13. At what age do citizens retire in the society of 2000?
14. How is Julian sure he has woken up in the 19th century?
(a) His home was still standing.
(b) The city lights.
(c) The negative news in the paper.
(d) The buildings.
15. How does Julian think the Leetes view him?
(b) Like equals.
(d) Loathing pity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julian see himself in terms of the 2000 society?
2. What does Julian admit he often felt on Sundays?
3. What other name does Julian refer to his sleeping chamber?
4. What does Dr. Leete say was the reason 1887 society was wasteful of human energy?
5. Who elects the President of the United States?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)