|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian decide the national party eventually achieved?
(b) A divided society.
(c) A dependant society.
(d) True patriotism.
2. In Chapter 16, where does Dr. Leete suggest Julian visit that day?
(a) The government center.
(b) The central warehouse.
(c) The univeristy.
(d) The prison.
3. What is the system of 1887 based on?
4. In Chapter 16, as Edith and Julian are talking, what causes Edith to lower her eyes and blush?
(a) She admits her love to Julian.
(b) Julian's worship-like expression toward her.
(c) She tripps and falls into Julian.
(d) Her embarrassment about how she looks.
5. What does Julian need from Edith?
(d) A way home.
6. When Julian approaches Edith to ask about the whispers he heard when he first woke up, what does he say he is?
(a) An eavesdropper.
(b) A monster.
(c) A gentlemen.
(d) A curious child.
7. How many departments exist within the production system in 2000?
(c) As many as necessary.
8. What does Julian admit he often felt on Sundays?
9. What does Julian state he may not be able to keep track of in 2000?
(a) Days of the week.
(b) Financial laws.
(c) Society in general.
(d) The work load.
10. Who does Julian learn Edith Leete really is?
(a) Edith Bartlett's great-granddauther.
(b) A vision.
(c) His great granddaughter.
(d) Edith Bartlett.
11. What does Dr. Leete feel about parental responsibilities of the 19th century?
12. How long is the President's term?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 4 years.
13. What sermon do Dr. Leete and Julian listen to?
(a) The Sermon of the People.
(b) Mr. McMann's Sermon.
(c) The National Sermon.
(d) Mr. Barton's Sermon.
14. According to Dr. Leete, what competition will be taking place in the next week?
(a) Speedboat races.
(b) Guild yacht races.
15. At what age do boys in 1887 begin work?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of good labor does Julian state a man has after the age of retirement in this society?
2. As Julian thinks about his old friends, how does he feel about their sorrow for him?
3. Where does Julian keep Edith Bartlett's picture?
4. What is the cost of distribution in 2000 compared to 1887?
5. Where does Julian see himself in terms of the 2000 society?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)