|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years of good labor does Julian state a man has after the age of retirement in this society?
2. At what age do boys in 1887 begin work?
3. In Chapter 16, where does Dr. Leete suggest Julian visit that day?
(a) The central warehouse.
(b) The univeristy.
(c) The prison.
(d) The government center.
4. What do those in the 20th century compete for?
(a) Material prizes.
5. Why are newspapers better at serving the people in 2000 than in 1887?
(a) They are censored.
(b) They are run by the government.
(c) They are no longer run by private capital.
(d) The are run by the people.
6. What benefits do women have in the work force?
(a) Highest leadership.
(b) Shorter hours.
(c) More responsibility.
(d) More pay.
7. How does Julian know that what he heard that first day was not a dream?
(a) He does not dream.
(b) Dr. Leete's reaction.
(c) He was fully awake at the time.
(d) Edith's reaction.
8. What does Julian value more than life itself?
(a) Edith Barlett.
(b) His profession.
(c) Reason and mental stability.
9. What does Dr. Leete feel about parental responsibilities of the 19th century?
10. How do the people of 2000 feel about lawyers from the past?
(a) They are disrespected.
(b) They deserve the highest honor.
(c) They are foolish.
(d) They are respected.
11. At what age do children in 1887 leave their schooling?
(a) 19 or 20.
(b) 13 or 14.
(c) 21 or 22.
(d) 14 or 15.
12. How longs do judges serve?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 3 years.
13. What analogy does Julian use for society in 1887?
(a) A rose bush.
(b) Arid desert.
(c) A childhood memory.
(d) Modified utopia.
14. What does Julian state he may not be able to keep track of in 2000?
(a) Society in general.
(b) The work load.
(c) Days of the week.
(d) Financial laws.
15. Who selects judges in 2000?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) The industrial army.
(c) The lawyers.
(d) The people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julian think the Leetes view him?
2. What does Edith bring Julian in case he can't sleep?
3. What does Dr. Leete believed happened to the Red party in the19th century that led to scaring opponents of reform?
4. What is the highest award for an artist, author, engineer, inventor, or physician?
5. What does Julian admit he often felt on Sundays?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)