|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chooses the art work displayed in the public buildings?
(a) The people vote.
(b) The manager of the building.
(c) The government.
(d) The Director of Fine Art.
2. What does Dr. Leete suggest about the attraction of men and women?
(a) It is not as powerful in 2000 as in 1887.
(b) It should decrease with time.
(c) It should increase with time.
(d) It should remain constant.
3. What does Dr. Leete believed happened to the Red party in the19th century that led to scaring opponents of reform?
(a) They were subsidized.
(b) They increased in numbers.
(c) They won a civil war.
(d) They grew form powerful monoplies.
4. How many years of good labor does Julian state a man has after the age of retirement in this society?
5. What does Dr. Leete feel about parental responsibilities of the 19th century?
6. What does Dr. Leete think selfishness is in terms of industrial production?
(d) The way of the system.
7. What does the reader think happens at the beginning of Chapter 28?
(a) Julian's experience was a dream.
(b) Julain has gone crazy.
(c) Julian has once again slept 113 years.
(d) Julian found a way back to 1887.
8. Who wins over the majority opinion and begins changing society into what it is in 2000?
(a) The Revolutionists.
(b) The National Party.
(c) The Humanist Party.
(d) The Anarchists.
9. What does Edith bring Julian in case he can't sleep?
(b) A glass of milk.
(c) A book.
10. When Julian approaches Edith to ask about the whispers he heard when he first woke up, what does he say he is?
(a) An eavesdropper.
(b) A gentlemen.
(c) A curious child.
(d) A monster.
11. What does Julian admit he often felt on Sundays?
12. What does Julian say about his feelings for the life he remembers?
(a) He is not sure if they are real.
(b) They are faint.
(c) He must forget them.
(d) They are clear.
13. What does Edith do when Julian talks about Edith Bartlett?
(a) Probes him for more infomation.
(b) Tells him what she knows.
(c) Changes the subject.
14. Who does this secret really have to do with?
(b) Dr. Leete.
15. What does Julian think may have been the case with the conversation he overheard?
(a) It did not involve Edith.
(b) It happened too long ago.
(c) It was a ploy.
(d) It was a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Julian walks through Boston in Chapter 19, what does he notice is missing?
2. How does Julian feel when he learns Edith Bartlett married?
3. What analogy does Julian use for society in 1887?
4. What does Julian value more than life itself?
5. Why are newspapers better at serving the people in 2000 than in 1887?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)