|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edith do when Julian talks about Edith Bartlett?
(a) Changes the subject.
(c) Tells him what she knows.
(d) Probes him for more infomation.
2. What is the cost of distribution in 2000 compared to 1887?
3. What happens to criminals who deny their guilt?
(a) They are jailed.
(b) They go to trial.
(c) They are fined.
(d) They are banished.
4. What does Dr. Leete feel about parental responsibilities of the 19th century?
5. Who does Dr. Leete say society would choose to be educated if society could not afford to educate all?
(a) The less intelligent.
(b) The most intelligent.
(c) Only men.
(d) Only children.
6. Where does Julian keep Edith Bartlett's picture?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In a locket.
(c) In his safe.
(d) Next to his bed.
7. What does Dr. Leete suggest about the attraction of men and women?
(a) It is not as powerful in 2000 as in 1887.
(b) It should increase with time.
(c) It should decrease with time.
(d) It should remain constant.
8. What is the cost of products based on?
(c) Hours worked.
9. How longs do judges serve?
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
10. How does Julian feel when he learns Edith Bartlett married?
11. Who wins over the majority opinion and begins changing society into what it is in 2000?
(a) The Anarchists.
(b) The National Party.
(c) The Humanist Party.
(d) The Revolutionists.
12. How many years of good labor does Julian state a man has after the age of retirement in this society?
13. What is the second necessity of life?
14. What is the production of goods based on?
(c) Amount of materials.
(d) Supply and demand.
15. What are women in 2000 relieved of doing?
(b) Raising children.
(c) Going to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian think may have been the case with the conversation he overheard?
2. Who does this secret really have to do with?
3. Why are newspapers better at serving the people in 2000 than in 1887?
4. Who elects the President of the United States?
5. Who does Julian learn Edith Leete really is?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)