|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the narrator assure the reader he does not mean?
2. What is Sawyer's relationship to the narrator?
(a) He is his best friend.
(b) He is his brother.
(c) He is his servant.
(d) He is his mentor.
3. What about Edith calms Julian?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her laughter.
4. When is music available to people in 2000?
(a) 2 times a week.
(b) 12 hours a day.
(c) Once a week.
(d) 24 hours a day.
5. What does Dr. Leete call Edith when it comes to shopping?
(a) A pro.
6. What is the labor class's chief weapon?
7. What do the wealthy in this society fear?
(a) The poor.
(b) Losing their position in society.
(c) Having to work.
(d) Being robbed.
8. What does Dr. Leete say both 19th and 20th century men agree on?
(a) Society must have divisions.
(b) Dickens was a genius.
(c) Literature is the foundation of all great thinkers.
(d) Money runs the world.
9. Which class of society does the narrator belong?
(c) Middle class.
10. What does the narrator say Human history is?
11. When selecting a trade, who is preference given to?
(a) There is no preference.
(b) The most knowledgable.
(c) The strongest.
(d) The hardest working.
12. After walking through the city, how does Julian find his way back to the Leete's home?
(a) A map.
(c) Edith was with him.
(d) A taxi.
13. As the narrator looks around at Boston in 2000, what does he mention as the most noticeable difference between his time and the present?
(a) The presence of cars.
(b) The absence of chimneys.
(c) The height of buildings.
(d) The lack of people.
14. What does the narrator say the wealthy suffer from?
15. Who is the strange man the narrator has just met?
(a) Dr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Barton.
(d) Dr. Leete.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator awake to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. In 1887, what could a man volunteering to be a waiter not be according to critics?
3. What are all citizens expected to do?
4. Where does the warehouse ship goods to?
5. What is used as an alarm clock for Julian in 2000?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)