|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Edith Leete invite Julian for diner?
(a) The Elephant.
(b) The Great Hall.
(c) The Concord.
(d) Her home.
2. How many distribution centers does each ward have?
3. What music does Julian decide to listen to?
4. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Dr. Leete.
(b) Mr. Barton.
(c) Julian West.
(d) John East.
5. Who is the strange man the narrator has just met?
(b) Dr. Leete.
(c) Dr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Barton.
6. At what age do citizens begin working?
7. What is used as an alarm clock for Julian in 2000?
(b) A roster.
(c) A traditional alarm clock.
(d) The maid.
8. What is the date when the narrator wakes up?
(a) June, 1887.
(b) September, 2000.
(c) September, 1887.
(d) June, 2000.
9. In terms of legislation, what is the system of 2000 dependent on?
10. What is the labor class's chief weapon?
11. Who are professional schools open to?
(a) Men, 21-30 years old.
(b) The upper class.
(c) Anyone 21-30 years old.
(d) All retired workers over 45.
12. When selecting a trade, who is preference given to?
(a) The hardest working.
(b) There is no preference.
(c) The most knowledgable.
(d) The strongest.
13. Who don't people choose to go to school to avoid work?
(a) They must work while in school.
(b) School is too rigorous.
(c) It is prohibited.
(d) It would not be honorable.
14. How long does the narrator sleep?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 113 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 120 years.
15. What does the narrator awake to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) His fiancee.
(c) A fire.
(d) A man in a strange room.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the narrator looks around at Boston in 2000, what does he mention as the most noticeable difference between his time and the present?
2. In Chapter 8, what assumption about Edith and Julian is present that Julian finds strange?
3. What does the new monetary system not encourage?
4. Where does the narrator assume the ash around his sleeping chamber comes from?
5. How old is the narrator?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)