|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end on Chapter 14, what does Julian state is the most distinguishing facility of 2000?
(a) Aquired wealth.
(b) The education system.
(d) Dignity given to the labor force.
2. Who are professional schools open to?
(a) Men, 21-30 years old.
(b) The upper class.
(c) All retired workers over 45.
(d) Anyone 21-30 years old.
3. Who is the narrator engaged to in 1887?
(a) Sarah Leeke.
(b) Edith Barlett.
(c) Edith Leeke.
(d) Sarah Barlett.
4. What does the narrator awake to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) A fire.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) A man in a strange room.
(d) His fiancee.
5. Why does Julian say labor strikes were successful in his time?
(a) The format of government.
(b) The acceptance from businesses.
(c) The power of the people.
(d) Because of labor organizations.
6. What about Edith calms Julian?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her laughter.
7. What is the labor class's chief weapon?
8. Why do citizens work willingly?
(a) They can take more vacation the more they work.
(b) The jobs are now enjoyable.
(c) They are being paid more.
(d) It is their only way to exist.
9. What does Julian assume occurred for the change in Boston to have happened?
(a) Change in president.
(b) Nuclear holocaust.
(c) Worker revolution.
10. When is music available to people in 2000?
(a) 2 times a week.
(b) Once a week.
(c) 24 hours a day.
(d) 12 hours a day.
11. What are men motivated by with this system?
(a) Honor, hope, and patriotism.
(b) Obtaining status.
(c) Avoiding punishment.
(d) Obtaining wealth.
12. What does Dr. Leete claim really occurred?
(a) World War.
(b) Acceptance of one govenment-run business.
(c) National strike.
13. How long does the narrator sleep?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 120 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 113 years.
14. How is music listened to in 2000?
(a) People play or sing themselves.
(b) Through telephone wires.
(d) There is no music.
15. How do Dr. and Mrs. Leete feel about Julian walking the city alone?
(c) Happy about his venturing out.
(d) Afraid for his safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Human history is?
2. What is considered one of the lowest officers in the industrial army?
3. What is Sawyer's relationship to the narrator?
4. Where does the narrator assume the ash around his sleeping chamber comes from?
5. What is located in the front of the distribution center?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)