|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the wealthy suffer from?
2. What two classes does this society consist of?
(a) Middle class and lower class.
(b) Upper class and servants.
(c) Educators and laborers.
(d) Rich/educated and poor/uneducated.
3. What do Julian and Dr. Leete talk about the first night Julian is in 2000?
(a) The future.
(b) His past.
(d) Boston in 2000.
4. What does the narrator awake to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) A fire.
(b) A man in a strange room.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) His fiancee.
5. What does the narrator say Human history is?
6. Who is the sole employer in Boston 2000?
(a) An international committee.
(b) The people.
(c) The largest corporation at the time.
(d) The government.
7. What do citizens no longer have to fight for?
(c) Place in society.
(d) Personal wealth.
8. When selecting a trade, who is preference given to?
(a) The most knowledgable.
(b) There is no preference.
(c) The hardest working.
(d) The strongest.
9. Who is the narrator engaged to in 1887?
(a) Edith Barlett.
(b) Sarah Leeke.
(c) Edith Leeke.
(d) Sarah Barlett.
10. How do Dr. and Mrs. Leete feel about Julian walking the city alone?
(b) Afraid for his safety.
(c) Happy about his venturing out.
11. What year does the narrator assure the reader he does not mean?
12. Since money is no longer acquired on a personal basis, what is no longer needed?
13. What group do the mentally and physically ill form?
(a) Invalid corps.
(b) Relief group.
(c) Nonworkers group.
(d) Special needs army.
14. At what age do citizens begin working?
15. What does the narrator say about society in Boston in the mid 19th century?
(a) It can be improved.
(b) It is a utopia.
(c) It is deeply divided.
(d) It is unlivable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julian say labor strikes were successful in his time?
2. According to the philosophy of 2000, what should happen if someone gives less than his all to a job?
3. In 2000, what work group performs tasks such as cleaning and cooking?
4. In Chapter 8, what assumption about Edith and Julian is present that Julian finds strange?
5. When is music available to people in 2000?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)