|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Leete believed happened to the Red party in the19th century that led to scaring opponents of reform?
(a) They grew form powerful monoplies.
(b) They won a civil war.
(c) They increased in numbers.
(d) They were subsidized.
2. At what age do children in 1887 leave their schooling?
(a) 14 or 15.
(b) 13 or 14.
(c) 21 or 22.
(d) 19 or 20.
3. Who is responsible for making sure labor supply equals demand?
(a) The production department.
(b) The people.
(c) The top corporations.
(d) The government.
4. Where does Julian keep Edith Bartlett's picture?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In his safe.
(c) In a locket.
(d) Next to his bed.
5. What are men motivated by with this system?
(a) Obtaining wealth.
(b) Honor, hope, and patriotism.
(c) Obtaining status.
(d) Avoiding punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julian say labor strikes were successful in his time?
2. What does Edith find strange about Julian's reaction to his old home?
3. At what age do citizens begin working?
4. What are all citizens expected to do?
5. What year does the narrator assure the reader he does not mean?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)