|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. Leete, what do large conglomerations do?
(a) Create an unequal pay system.
(b) Effectively manage supply and demand.
(c) Fix prices and destroy competition.
(d) Treat workers fairly.
2. What are men motivated by with this system?
(a) Avoiding punishment.
(b) Obtaining wealth.
(c) Obtaining status.
(d) Honor, hope, and patriotism.
3. What is the labor class's chief weapon?
4. What is the second necessity of life?
5. What other name does Julian refer to his sleeping chamber?
(a) Hiding room.
(b) Strong room.
(c) Quiet room.
(d) Safe room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the wealthy suffer from?
2. How long do people serve as common laborers before they can enter professional schools?
3. How long is the narrator's second nap at the Leete's home?
4. In Chapter 3, what does the narrator think he is the victim of?
5. What does Edith find strange about Julian's reaction to his old home?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)