|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julian keep Edith Bartlett's picture?
(a) In a locket.
(b) Next to his bed.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) In his safe.
2. What does Julian assume occurred for the change in Boston to have happened?
(b) Nuclear holocaust.
(c) Change in president.
(d) Worker revolution.
3. What is the labor class's chief weapon?
4. What does the narrator say about society in Boston in the mid 19th century?
(a) It is unlivable.
(b) It can be improved.
(c) It is deeply divided.
(d) It is a utopia.
5. What is one incentive for workers to do their best?
(a) A pay raise.
(b) More annual credit for goods.
(c) A larger home.
(d) An insignia worn on their uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator assume the ash around his sleeping chamber comes from?
2. In Boston 2000, why are all men entitled to a decent life?
3. Where does Julian see himself in terms of the 2000 society?
4. What does Edith mean when she says she will show Julian some of his old friends?
5. According to the philosophy of 2000, what should happen if someone gives less than his all to a job?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)