|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator first see the city of Boston?
2. What two classes does this society consist of?
(a) Middle class and lower class.
(b) Rich/educated and poor/uneducated.
(c) Upper class and servants.
(d) Educators and laborers.
3. Who is the strange man the narrator has just met?
(b) Dr. Leete.
(c) Mr. Barton.
(d) Dr. Jones.
4. What is the date when the narrator wakes up?
(a) June, 2000.
(b) June, 1887.
(c) September, 1887.
(d) September, 2000.
5. As the narrator looks around at Boston in 2000, what does he mention as the most noticeable difference between his time and the present?
(a) The height of buildings.
(b) The lack of people.
(c) The presence of cars.
(d) The absence of chimneys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator's money come from?
2. What does the narrator say the wealthy suffer from?
3. What does the narrator say the city in general demonstrates?
4. What do the wealthy in this society fear?
5. How long is the narrator's second nap at the Leete's home?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)