|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new monetary system not encourage?
2. Where does the narrator assume the ash around his sleeping chamber comes from?
(a) A bulldozer.
(b) A fire.
(c) Nuclear holocaust.
3. According to Dr. Leete, what do large conglomerations do?
(a) Treat workers fairly.
(b) Fix prices and destroy competition.
(c) Effectively manage supply and demand.
(d) Create an unequal pay system.
4. What are men motivated by with this system?
(a) Obtaining status.
(b) Honor, hope, and patriotism.
(c) Avoiding punishment.
(d) Obtaining wealth.
5. What does the narrator say the city in general demonstrates?
(a) Destruction of society.
(c) Material prosperity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When selecting a trade, who is preference given to?
2. According to the philosophy of 2000, what should happen if someone gives less than his all to a job?
3. How are citizens paid in Boston 2000?
4. Who is responsible for making sure labor supply equals demand?
5. Who is the strange man the narrator has just met?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)