|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described by Miles in "fourteen days after" as "the senior I knew primarily from viewing her nude self-portraits over Thanksgiving with Alaska"?
(a) Maureen Smith.
(b) Marie Lawson.
(c) Sarah Anderson.
(d) Holly Moser.
2. The day after Alaska's funeral is what holiday in "seven days after"?
(a) President's Day.
(b) Martin Luther King Day.
3. Chip tells Miles and Takumi that Jake had called Alaska the night she died because it was their anniversary of having dated how long in "twenty-nine days after"?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 8 months.
4. What novel is Miles reading when Chip awakens in the beginning of "eighty-three days after"?
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) The Old Man and the Sea.
(c) To Have and Have Not.
(d) The Sound and the Fury.
5. What is the name of Lara's roommate at the boarding school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the drinking game that Alaska introduces to the others in the hideout in “two days before”?
2. How does the Eagle say Alaska died in "the day after"?
3. Where does Lara tell the Eagle she is driving to visit a friend in “three days before”?
4. What does Miles discover on the wall by the payphone that Alaska doodled on the night she died in "sixty-two days after"?
5. What teacher's office does Chip say he broke into and used his password on the computer system in “three days before”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Eagle respond when he catches Miles smoking in "twenty-seven days after"? What do Miles and Chip do after the Eagle leaves?
2. What conclusion does Chip reach after the discussion with the police officer in "thirteen days after"?
3. What "best day" stories are related from the characters during Alaska's game of Best Day/Worst Day in "two days before"?
4. Who knocks on Miles and Chip's dorm room door in the beginning of "the day after"? Where are they told to go?
5. How do Miles and his friends begin the pre-prank in "three days before"? How does Miles participate?
6. What information do Miles and Chip learn from the police officer in "thirteen days after"?
7. What assertions does Chip make regarding Miles's behavior and attitude in "thirteen days after"?
8. What realizations does Miles make after he discovers Alaska's doodle on the wall by the phone in "sixty-two days after"?
9. What is Chip's plan for memorializing Alaska in "sixty-nine days after"? How does Miles respond to the idea?
10. How does Miles's father assist in the development of the prank in "eighty-four days after"?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)