|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of the "warning signs of suicide" that Chip and Miles find on the web in "fourteen days after"?
(a) Previous suicide attempts.
(b) Dropping school grades.
(c) Threatening suicide.
(d) Loss of interest in activities.
2. Whose biography is Miles reading when Chip returns in “four days after”?
(a) Meriwether Lewis's.
(b) Peter Brooks'.
(c) John F. Kennedy's.
(d) Napoleon Bonaparte's.
3. Where does Takumi suggest he and Miles have lunch in the beginning of "twenty-one days after"?
(a) The school cafeteria.
(b) The Sunny Konvenience Kiosk.
(d) Burger King.
4. How far away from campus was Alaska when she died?
(a) 6 miles away.
(b) 20 miles away.
(c) 30 miles away.
(d) 2 miles away.
5. On what day of the week does Alaska's funeral take place in "six days after"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miles go to smoke in the end of “eight days before”?
2. What day of the week is it when Miles awakens in "sixty-two days after"?
3. What word from "twenty days after" refers to a cliff with a vertical, nearly vertical, or overhanging face?
4. When Dr. Hyde enters the classroom in "eight days after," he says, "It is a law that parents should not have to" do what?
5. What does Miles say Henry Ward Beecher's last words were in "the day after"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Miles's thoughts about Alaska and her death evolved in "twenty-one days after"?
2. What is Chip's plan for memorializing Alaska in "sixty-nine days after"? How does Miles respond to the idea?
3. What causes the argument between Miles and Chip in "twenty days after"? Where does Miles go after the argument?
4. What emotions does Miles express following Alaska's death in "two days after"?
5. What does Takumi's realization lead Miles, Chip, and Takumi to infer about Alaska's last moments in "one hundred fourteen days after"?
6. What realizations does Miles make after he discovers Alaska's doodle on the wall by the phone in "sixty-two days after"?
7. What does Chip reveal when he returns in "four days after"? Where has Chip been?
8. How does Miles's father assist in the development of the prank in "eighty-four days after"?
9. How do Miles and his friends begin the pre-prank in "three days before"? How does Miles participate?
10. How does the Eagle respond when he catches Miles smoking in "twenty-seven days after"? What do Miles and Chip do after the Eagle leaves?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)