|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lara's roommate at the boarding school?
2. What does Miles describe in "fifty-one days after" as "a kind of riddle that's supposed to help you toward enlightenment in Zen Buddhism"?
(a) A paradigm.
(c) A psalm.
(d) A koan.
3. On what day of the week does Alaska's funeral take place in "six days after"?
4. What is the name of the stripper agency that Chip secures a stripper from for the prank in "one hundred two days after"?
(a) The Biloxi Boyz.
(b) Bachelorette Parties R Us.
(c) Male Singing Strippers.
(d) Muscle Mania.
5. Where does Miles say Dr. Hyde taught them there were days reserved for grave cleaning where you make gifts to the dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week does Miles complete his first set of finals at the boarding school and pack clothes for the pre-prank in “three days before”?
2. What is Lara's last name in the novel?
3. Who does Chip say is coming to take Alaska's belongings from her dorm room the next day in "seven days after"?
4. Who does Chip say he got Jake's phone number from in "twenty days after"?
5. Who does Chip say named "the Smoking Hole" in "forty-six days after"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who knocks on Miles and Chip's dorm room door in the beginning of "the day after"? Where are they told to go?
2. What words do Miles and Chip discover in Alaska's favorite book in "seven days after"? What do they infer from these words?
3. How have Miles's thoughts about Alaska and her death evolved in "twenty-one days after"?
4. What does Chip reveal to Miles and Takumi after his phone call with Jake in "twenty-nine days after"?
5. How has the atmosphere of the school changed in "eight days after"? How does Dr. Hyde address Alaska's death?
6. What information does Chip reveal to Takumi in "twenty-eight days after"? How does Takumi respond?
7. What is the main subject of Miles's focus in "four days before"? What are Chip and Alaska doing during this time?
8. What information do Miles and Chip learn from the police officer in "thirteen days after"?
9. What does Takumi's realization lead Miles, Chip, and Takumi to infer about Alaska's last moments in "one hundred fourteen days after"?
10. What takes place when "Dr. Morse" takes the podium in "one hundred two days after"?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)