|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chip call his concoction of vodka and milk that he keeps in the dorm room?
(b) White Russian.
(c) Mr. Goodies.
2. Who is the "seventh wheel" that will accompany Alaska and the others on a "triple date" in “eighty-nine days before”?
3. What is the first class that Miles attends at the boarding school in “one hundred twenty-six days before”?
(a) French class.
(b) Calculus class.
(c) History class.
(d) English class.
4. What is the name of Chip's girlfriend in the novel?
5. What have the Weekday Warriors done to Alaska's dorm room in “seventy-six days before”?
(a) They have stolen Alaska's books.
(b) They have littered the room with cigarette butts.
(c) They have doused the room with gasoline.
(d) They have flooded it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chip say his father lives in “one hundred twenty-eight days before”?
2. What is Chip's nickname in the novel?
3. What is Alaska's last name in the novel?
4. Miles describes his dorm room at the boarding school as reminding him more of what than the dorm room of his fantasies?
5. What is the name of Miles's French teacher at the boarding school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helps in tutoring Miles and several other students for an exam in "one hundred one days before"? Is the tutoring effective?
2. Where is Miles treated for his injury in "eighty-seven days before"? What information is related to him at this setting?
3. What does Chip reveal to Miles about his girlfriend after their fight in "one hundred twenty-two days before"?
4. What is the value in using a first-person narrative style in Looking for Alaska? Who is the narrator?
5. What is Alaska's response when Miles asks her how she got the name "Alaska" in "one hundred days before"?
6. What is the topic announced for the term paper in Miles's World Religions class in "seventy-six days before"?
7. How and why does Miles become injured during the "triple-date" that Alaska has arranged in "eighty-seven days before"?
8. How does Miles compare himself physically to Chip in "one hundred twenty-eight days before"? Where does Chip take Miles after they meet?
9. What kinds of quotations does Miles memorize regularly in the novel? Why is this significant to the story?
10. Whose dorm room do Alaska and Miles break into in "fifty-one days before"? Why?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)