|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alaska ask Miles to go study with her during their lunch break in "one hundred one days before"?
(c) Her dorm room.
(d) Burger King.
2. What does Miles say the American Civil War is called "around these parts" in “sixty-seven days before”?
(a) The War Against Slavery.
(b) The War for Slavery.
(c) The War Between the States.
(d) The War Between North and South.
3. Where does Miles believe that Lara was born in "one hundred one days before"?
4. Where does Miles Halter's family live?
5. What television channel do Miles and his parents watch after his going-away party dissolves in “one hundred thirty-six days before"?
(a) The Nature Channel.
(c) The Sci-Fi Network.
(d) The History Channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the teacher of Miles's World Religions class at the boarding school?
2. Who is the one-armed kindergartner that Miles describes as beating him at T-ball when he was in third grade in “one hundred nine days before”?
3. Where does Chip say Alaska is from in “one hundred twenty-seven days before”?
4. What is Chip's nickname in the novel?
5. Where does Chip live with his mother when he's not in boarding school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Miles become injured during the "triple-date" that Alaska has arranged in "eighty-seven days before"?
2. Who helps in tutoring Miles and several other students for an exam in "one hundred one days before"? Is the tutoring effective?
3. What nicknames are established for Chip and Miles in "one hundred twenty-eight days before"? What other information does Chip share with Miles in this chapter?
4. What friend of Chip's does Miles meet in the cafeteria in "one hundred twenty-seven days before"? What does this character discuss with Chip?
5. Where does Miles go after the hazing incident in "one hundred twenty-seven days before"? What responses is he greeted with?
6. What information does Miles learn from Takumi in "sixty-seven days before"?
7. Whose dorm room do Alaska and Miles break into in "fifty-one days before"? Why?
8. What conversation takes place between Dr. Hyde and Miles in "one hundred eight days before"?
9. What do Miles, Takumi, Alaska, and Chip get in trouble for in "ninety-nine days before"? How do they respond?
10. What is the topic announced for the term paper in Miles's World Religions class in "seventy-six days before"?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)