|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one-armed kindergartner that Miles describes as beating him at T-ball when he was in third grade in “one hundred nine days before”?
(a) Wilson Carbod.
(b) Clay Wurtzel.
(c) Longwell Chase.
(d) Hank Walsten.
2. How many fifty-minute class periods do the students have per school day at the boarding school?
3. Miles learns in his World Religions class that around the time of Jesus, some Roman coins had a picture of the Emperor Augustus on them with what words inscribed underneath?
(a) "Filius Dei."
(b) "Fidelis Unum."
(c) "Amat Dei."
(d) "Semper Fi."
4. What is the name that Alaska has given to her car?
(a) Red Cherry.
(b) Hot Rod.
(c) Cherry Cola.
(d) Blue Citrus.
5. What is Chip doing to prepare for a date when Miles comes into their dorm room in “one hundred twenty-two days before”?
(a) Washing his hair.
(b) Ironing a shirt.
(c) Styling his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Alaska arrange for a "triple-date" with Miles and the others in “eighty-nine days before”?
2. What French verb meaning "to believe" does Miles's French teacher conjugate in “eighty-four days before”?
3. From what narrative perspective is the story of Looking for Alaska related?
4. What does Chip call his concoction of vodka and milk that he keeps in the dorm room?
5. How much does Alaska charge Chip and Miles for the packs of cigarettes she sells them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Miles go after the hazing incident in "one hundred twenty-seven days before"? What responses is he greeted with?
2. What does Miles realize about his previous encounter with the Jury in "sixty-seven days before"?
3. Why is Chip kicked out of the basketball game in "one hundred nine days before"? What does he tell Miles about his history at the basketball games?
4. What do Miles, Alaska, Takumi, and Chip do at their hideout in "one hundred ten days before"?
5. What is the topic announced for the term paper in Miles's World Religions class in "seventy-six days before"?
6. Whose dorm room do Alaska and Miles break into in "fifty-one days before"? Why?
7. How has the weather changed in "eighty-four days before"? How has this affected Miles's relationships?
8. What information does Miles learn from Takumi in "sixty-seven days before"?
9. What does Alaska come to inform Miles in his dorm room in "eighty-nine days before"?
10. Where is Miles treated for his injury in "eighty-seven days before"? What information is related to him at this setting?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)