|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Miles said to be in the novel?
2. What snack does Takumi bring to Miles on the campus lawn in “sixty-seven days before”?
(a) A moon pie.
(b) A burrito.
(c) An oatmeal cream pie.
(d) A slice of pizza.
3. What grade does Miles receive on his precalc test in “one hundred days before”?
4. What is Alaska's last name in the novel?
5. What sentencing do Miles and Takumi receive from the Jury in “ninety-eight days before”?
(a) They receive no punishment.
(b) They are suspended.
(c) 10 hours washing dishes in the cafeteria.
(d) They are expelled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who serves at the Judge that has the right to overturn the Jury's verdict at the boarding school, according to the narrator in “ninety-eight days before”?
2. What was the name of Alaska's roommate that was expelled from the school?
3. Whose dorm room do Alaska and Miles sneak into in “fifty-one days before”?
4. Who is the one-armed kindergartner that Miles describes as beating him at T-ball when he was in third grade in “one hundred nine days before”?
5. What have the Weekday Warriors done to Alaska's dorm room in “seventy-six days before”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Miles become injured during the "triple-date" that Alaska has arranged in "eighty-seven days before"?
2. What kinds of quotations does Miles memorize regularly in the novel? Why is this significant to the story?
3. What "hazing" incident takes place in "one hundred twenty-seven days before"? What does the hazing consist of?
4. What conversation takes place between Dr. Hyde and Miles in "one hundred eight days before"?
5. What is the significance of the World Religions class and instructor that Miles meets in "one hundred twenty-six days before"?
6. What friend of Chip's does Miles meet in the cafeteria in "one hundred twenty-seven days before"? What does this character discuss with Chip?
7. How does Miles compare himself physically to Chip in "one hundred twenty-eight days before"? Where does Chip take Miles after they meet?
8. What does Alaska come to inform Miles in his dorm room in "eighty-nine days before"?
9. What information does Miles learn from Takumi in "sixty-seven days before"?
10. How does Miles indicate those who were involved in the hazing incident in "one hundred twenty-six days before"?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)