|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Before,” Part 3 (pages 38-55).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the dead American President that Kevin names for Miles to say his last words, in “one hundred nine days before”?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Grover Cleveland.
(d) Millard Fillmore.
2. What is Alaska's last name in the novel?
3. What is the one luxury that Miles finds in his dorm room when he arrives in “one hundred twenty-eight days before”?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) Thick carpeting.
(c) An air-conditioner.
(d) A private bathroom.
4. What are the kids called at the boarding school that board during the week and go to their parents' wealthy homes during the weekends?
(a) The Homewood Hotties.
(b) The Weekday Warriors.
(c) The Rambling Roses.
(d) The Weekend Wranglers.
5. What poet does Chip describe in his rap in “one hundred ten days before” as being unafraid of "slant rhyme"?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) Lord Byron.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Percy Shelley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chip describe as the "star" of the boarding school's basketball team in “one hundred nine days before”?
2. How old does Alaska say she was when her parents let her choose her own name?
3. Who is the starting center for Culver Creek's basketball team?
4. What is the name of Chip's girlfriend in the novel?
5. How many basketball games in a row does Chip say he's been consecutively kicked out of in “one hundred nine days before”?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)