|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death appears imminent in Part 3, Chapter 32?
2. How is Eugene received when he returns to the university?
3. Who brings their children to the boarding house for a visit?
4. Whose episode of being drunk becomes a major family event?
5. Who falls in love with Laura James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Gant family traveled much more than most families traveled in the early 1900s. How do you think the amount of travel effected the lives of the different members of the family and how did it effect the family as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Fully explain the significance of the events of the last chapter as you understand them.
Essay Topic 3
List several experiences in Eugene's life that helped him gain self confidence. Explain how each experience made a difference in his life. Do you think he possessed a healthy level of self confidence by the end of the book? Explain your answer.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)