|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls in love with Laura James?
2. How does Eugene travel back to Altamont?
3. She writes Eugene a letter, what devastating news does it contain?
4. Who finds out they have a weakness in their lungs?
5. Whose death appears imminent in Part 3, Chapter 32?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List the various examples you can remember that reflect the dysfunctional nature of the Gant household. Do you think this was common in southern homes in the early 1900s? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain fully how Eliza's decision to go to the World's Fair shaped the future of the Gant family.
Essay Topic 3
List several experiences in Eugene's life that helped him gain self confidence. Explain how each experience made a difference in his life. Do you think he possessed a healthy level of self confidence by the end of the book? Explain your answer.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)