|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is to be given to each child upon the death of Gant?
2. Who comes to visit Ben at Easter?
3. To whom does Eugene write a letter?
4. Who attends Eugene's graduation from the university?
5. Why does Gant have surgery?
Essay Topic 1
Highlight some of the events in the book which cast a favorable light on Oliver Gant? Explain why you feel each example is a positive reflection.
Essay Topic 2
Fully explain the significance of the events of the last chapter as you understand them.
Essay Topic 3
Recount the facts relating to the jobs the Gant boys were required to take on in the story. Explain how you think these jobs influenced their lives in both positive and negative ways. Overall, do you think these jobs had a more positive effect or negative effect on their lives?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)