|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is to be given to each child upon the death of Gant?
2. Who comes to visit Ben at Easter?
3. To whom does Eugene write a letter?
4. Who attends Eugene's graduation from the university?
5. Why does Gant have surgery?
Essay Topic 1
Highlight some of the events in the book which cast a favorable light on Oliver Gant? Explain why you feel each example is a positive reflection.
Essay Topic 2
List the various examples you can remember that reflect the dysfunctional nature of the Gant household. Do you think this was common in southern homes in the early 1900s? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What sets Eugene's relationship with Laura James apart for his other relationships with women in the book? Include both sexual and non sexual relationships and fully explain your answers.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)