|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Smith?
2. Where does Eugene go after the funeral?
3. In the final chapter where does Eugene go alone?
4. Where does Eugene go quite often?
5. How old is Eugene when he enters college?
Essay Topic 1
Explain fully how Eliza's decision to go to the World's Fair shaped the future of the Gant family.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think the racial expressions and descriptions used in this book are a reflection of the author's personal prejudices or are they simply an accurate portrayal of southern life in the early 1900s?
Essay Topic 3
Take each of the following factors and explain how you think they contributed either positively or negatively in Eugene's life?
- family ties
- relationships outside his family
- loss and death
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)