Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is to be given to each child upon the death of Gant?
2. Who comes to visit Ben at Easter?
3. To whom does Eugene write a letter?
4. Who attends Eugene's graduation from the university?
5. Why does Gant have surgery?
Essay Topic 1
Take each of the following factors and explain how you think they contributed either positively or negatively in Eugene's life?
- family ties
- relationships outside his family
- loss and death
Essay Topic 2
Outline the various attitudes that are reflected by the men of the Gant family towards the war? How do these attitudes help to explain their view of their own masculinity?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think the racial expressions and descriptions used in this book are a reflection of the author's personal prejudices or are they simply an accurate portrayal of southern life in the early 1900s?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)