|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Eugene when he arrives?
2. Whose episode of being drunk becomes a major family event?
3. Who is Eugene's new roomate?
4. Who ends up making sure that Gant has at least a little care?
5. What is going to happen to the shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List the various examples you can remember that reflect the dysfunctional nature of the Gant household. Do you think this was common in southern homes in the early 1900s? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Steve the eldest son of Eliza and Gant is portrayed as developing more of Gant's negative traits than the other boys. Do you think this is an accurate portrayal? Fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Outline the different social classes that are evident in the southern culture as it is described in the book. Explain how Eugene related to these different social classes.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)