|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eugene not go off to war?
2. Who does Eugene room with before going back to school?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 26 Eugene travels to what city?
4. When the undertaker fixes Ben's body, what is Eugene's reaction?
5. Who comes to visit Eugene at school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fully explain the significance of the events of the last chapter as you understand them.
Essay Topic 2
Steve the eldest son of Eliza and Gant is portrayed as developing more of Gant's negative traits than the other boys. Do you think this is an accurate portrayal? Fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think the Presbyterian church was important to the Gant family? Whether you believe it was or was not please explain why the family continued to return to the church for important family milestones.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)