|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends Eugene's graduation from the university?
2. Where does Eugene move in the spring?
3. How much is to be given to each child upon the death of Gant?
4. How old is Eugene when he enters college?
5. Who does Gant say is an alcoholic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve the eldest son of Eliza and Gant is portrayed as developing more of Gant's negative traits than the other boys. Do you think this is an accurate portrayal? Fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Take each of the following factors and explain how you think they contributed either positively or negatively in Eugene's life?
- family ties
- relationships outside his family
- loss and death
Essay Topic 3
Explain fully how Eliza's decision to go to the World's Fair shaped the future of the Gant family.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)