|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eugene told he must go home?
2. How old is Eugene when he enters college?
3. Who helps Eugene out at Christmas time?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 26 Eugene travels to what city?
5. Who brings their children to the boarding house for a visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What sets Eugene's relationship with Laura James apart for his other relationships with women in the book? Include both sexual and non sexual relationships and fully explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think the Presbyterian church was important to the Gant family? Whether you believe it was or was not please explain why the family continued to return to the church for important family milestones.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Eliza handled her dual role as wife/mother and businesswoman effectively. Explain fully and give examples to support your answer.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)