|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose episode of being drunk becomes a major family event?
2. Why is Eugene told he must go home?
3. How much does Eugene weigh when he enters college?
4. How old is Eugene when he enters college?
5. Whose death appears imminent in Part 3, Chapter 32?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Take each of the following factors and explain how you think they contributed either positively or negatively in Eugene's life?
- family ties
- relationships outside his family
- loss and death
Essay Topic 2
Recount the facts relating to the jobs the Gant boys were required to take on in the story. Explain how you think these jobs influenced their lives in both positive and negative ways. Overall, do you think these jobs had a more positive effect or negative effect on their lives?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does the promise of the American Dream have both positive and negative effects on Oliver Gant's life? Fully explain your answer.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)