|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final chapter where does Eugene go alone?
2. What family member is not present when Ben dies?
3. Whose episode of being drunk becomes a major family event?
4. What is the name of the hospital where Gant is taken?
5. Where is Gant living at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does the promise of the American Dream have both positive and negative effects on Oliver Gant's life? Fully explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Outline the different social classes that are evident in the southern culture as it is described in the book. Explain how Eugene related to these different social classes.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think the Presbyterian church was important to the Gant family? Whether you believe it was or was not please explain why the family continued to return to the church for important family milestones.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)