|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laura leave the boarding house?
(a) Her father is dying
(b) To go home for July 4th
(c) She and Eugene have a fight
(d) To have a baby
2. In the final chapter where does Eugene go alone?
(a) To Ben's grave
(b) To his father's shop
(c) To the church
(d) To the Leonard's house
3. As long as Ben is conscious what will he not allow?
(a) Gant to drink
(b) Eugene to see him so sick
(c) Anyone to cry
(d) Eliza to enter the room
4. What does Eliza agree to do for Eugene?
(a) Give him Dixieland
(b) Sell him his father's shop
(c) Help him write a letter to Laura
(d) Pay for one year at Harvard
5. When the undertaker fixes Ben's body, what is Eugene's reaction?
(a) He and Luke get into an argument
(b) He is still displeased
(c) He laughs hysterically
(d) He thanks the undertaker
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helen marry?
2. Who did Ben eat breakfast with most every morning?
3. Where is Gant living at the end of the book?
4. Where does Eugene go after the funeral?
5. Who attends Eugene's graduation from the university?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)